A Song Of Ice And Fire Discussion

Parrhesia

so yeah, speculation for the books and such. Commentary. That kind of thing.

I was ... slightly tipsy last night, but I came up with a theory for how Bronn may end up sitting the Iron Throne at the end. cbf to recount now, will post later

Yes, I realise that Bronn's chances are pretty much 0%. DOESN'T MATTER, DAMN IT, HE'S KING IN MY HEART

Edited by Furetchen

To be fair, Bronn is the only character who ended up in a better position at the end of each book.

1. Mercenary to Lannister Bodyguard

2. Bodyguard to Knight

3. Knight to Lord

4. Lord to Person-pisses-off-Cersei-and-gets-away-with-it-laughing

5. Happens at the same time as 4, not seen.

So...

6. Person to General

7. General to King

It would follow the trend, and be hilarious.

See, my theory revolves around that bit where Varys tells the riddle about the sellsword and the three VIPs.

Tyrion says that the sellsword holds the power of life and death in his hands, and the point of the riddle is that power resides where people believe.

Bronn is looking out for one person: Himself. He is getting very consistent results in this. Rich man? That was Tyrion. Tyrion's risk outweighed the reward the moment he had a castle and was asked to fight Gregor Fucking Clegane. King? He stands in open defiance of Cersei, and hasn't declared for anyone. Priest... well, I guess he hasn't really declared for any set religion... and, like... isn't a sparrow? IDK.

Moreover, when is Bronn last seen? In a castle, knighting an ARMY of random sellswords. While it's admittedly pretty damn unlikely he becomes king, he is definitely not dying, and I believe he will keep his land. In fact, it's becoming increasingly likely that Bronn is the only person who will get a happy ending of any kind at all.

Maybe Tyrion, because the fans will be outside GRRM's house with pitchforks and torches should he die.

And I shall be leading them.

Also maybe Arya - didn't his wife threaten to divorce him if she died?

Author cannot get a break...

Tyrion is mai husbando

also yeah Bronn is great

Tyrion was mai husbando

then he got angsty and Jaime got over himself

and Wyman Manderly baked three Freys into a pie and fed them to their father while singing about cannibalism, so I think he wins overall

Maybe Tyrion, because the fans will be outside GRRM's house with pitchforks and torches should he die.

And I shall be leading them.

Also maybe Arya - didn't his wife threaten to divorce him if she died?

Author cannot get a break...

If Tyrion finds peace, I don't think it will be on Westeros. I'd LIKE him to reunite with Bronn, but as he left the line was something like "and Bronn stepped out of the room, the castle, and [Tyrion's] life."

but arya is no one

I hope Bran is just randomly killed off, that would make my year

Ah, but if Arya truly becomes no-one, than Nymeria will Reverse-Warg into her.

Bran won't get killed off - he's going to show us who Jon's parents are! He is the ultimate exposition device now he's in a tree!

i want sansa to marry that hawt harold dude and then take over the world

and renly will come back to life and loras will be pretty again

but i also like the lannisters so i dunno

man the lannisters are just so cool they don't take not shit and jaime/tyrion have all the cool lines and cersei is pretty badass too

Iunno, off the top of my head, I'd say Littlefinger has the coolest line. Something like "You wear your honour like a suit of armour, Stark. You think it keeps you safe, but all it does is weigh you down and make it hard for you to move."

Cersei's pretty muted now though

and Kevan's kinda being eaten by urchins or some shit

I'll admit, from start to finish, every time Kevan entered the scene it looked like he was gonna be hot shit. Then ... he just kinda wanders off. NOW HE'S HAND AT LAST FUCK YEAH aaaaaaaand Varys appears out of nowhere to shoot him in the face for being competent

just to spite me

poor kevan :( killed for being a good guy. fucking varys

anyone following the widespread theory that Aegon is a fake? I'm kind of both-ways about it - I have no idea what's going to happen to him if he does turn out to be a fake, but then if he's genuine, then what happens to Dany? She's pretty much going to have to marry him or kill him. But then if Aegon dies then Arianne and the Martells are pretty much guaranteed a BADEND, which is sad, because I like them.

And then like, what the hell is going to happen to Victarion? I'm one of those guys that hated the Greyjoy chapters, but I feel like his story has built up too much for him to end up getting burnt to a crisp like Quentyn (alas). I'm just hoping that everyone GTFO out of Meereen sooner than later so I can stop having to listen to Hizdahr zo Reznakh or whatever his name was. Fuck Meereen, man.

Also I figured out R+L=J by myself, fuck I'm amazing.

anyone following the widespread theory that Aegon is a fake? I'm kind of both-ways about it - I have no idea what's going to happen to him if he does turn out to be a fake, but then if he's genuine, then what happens to Dany? She's pretty much going to have to marry him or kill him. But then if Aegon dies then Arianne and the Martells are pretty much guaranteed a BADEND, which is sad, because I like them.

I do, it's too convenient. Also, Doran was planning to marry his daughter to Viserys, so I'm pretty sure this is his plan.

I just began reading the fifth book, by the way. I wonder what'll happen to Theon, I could swear he was already screwed on all the ways possible.

To be fair, Bronn is the only character who ended up in a better position at the end of each book.

1. Mercenary to Lannister Bodyguard

2. Bodyguard to Knight

3. Knight to Lord

4. Lord to Person-pisses-off-Cersei-and-gets-away-with-it-laughing

5. Happens at the same time as 4, not seen.

So...

6. Person to General

7. General to King

It would follow the trend, and be hilarious.

Same with Dany.

1. Random bitch to Khaleesi

2. Khaleesi, still.

3. Khaleesi to Queen of Meereen.

4. ...

5. Didn't read that one yet, but I think Tyrion will join up with her and she'll find Aegon at some point.

She evolves a lot from book to book. But I think it's Littlefinger who'll rule over everything. I like her, but I think she'll die after killing Cersei and fulfilling the prophecy the Maegi told Cersei.

5. Didn't read that one yet, but I think Tyrion will join up with her and she'll find Aegon at some point.

She evolves a lot from book to book. But I think it's Littlefinger who'll rule over everything. I like her, but I think she'll die after killing Cersei and fulfilling the prophecy the Maegi told Cersei.

All I'm going to say is it doesn't work out like that.

Like, at all.

Littlefinger won't rule supreme. He doesn't need to - he's doing it already.

Rickon Stark! Future King of Westeros!

350px-Rickon_Stark.png

Same with Dany.

1. Random bitch to Khaleesi

2. Khaleesi, still.

3. Khaleesi to Queen of Meereen.

4. ...

So in 2, her position didn't improve at all...it deteriorated, actually, because even though she got more authority over the khalasar in one way (since Drogo was dead), the Khal itself was falling apart. Sure she had the dragons but they were too young to do shit.

Spoilers for 5 have been openly stated in this topic, so I think you're mistaken for staying here, but I'll put this in spoilers.

Her position is principally a deterioration in power over Meereen as enemy cities surround her, but she does get some semblance of ability to fly on Drogon, in the process further losing her grip on Meereen.

So King of Westeros = Batshit insane Mass-Murdering leader of an army of cannibals? With a wolf?

Aerys makes more sense now.

It's not a wolf, it's a shaggydog.

A prince of winterfell owned a dog that was uncommonly shaggy. Many people remarked upon its considerable shagginess. When the prince learned that there are contests for shaggy dogs, he entered his dog. The dog won first prize for shagginess in both the local and the regional competitions. The boy entered the dog in ever-larger contests, until finally he entered it in the westeros championship for shaggy dogs. When the judges had inspected all of the competing dogs, they remarked about the boy's dog: "He's not so shaggy." The dog tore off the judge's faces.

[spoiler=you know, you really ought not to be here until you finish DoD, but for your sake]

Davos is chasing after Rickon/Osha/IIRC some tracker from Winterfell, right? That's what I remember, at least.

Do you think he'll find him? I just hope it's not another wild goose chase like Brienne's chapters.

Davos is chasing after Rickon/Osha/IIRC some tracker from Winterfell, right? That's what I remember, at least.

Do you think he'll find him? I just hope it's not another wild goose chase like Brienne's chapters.

For my part...I don't really spend a lot of time thinking about what will happen, but since Davos has a particular place - Skagos - to look for Rickon, I guess I would say his chances are pretty fair. Well, normally they wouldn't necessarily be that high, especially since he's either going to sail all the way around Westeros or cross the Northlands - which are getting pretty heavily snowed in - but it's a goddamn book, so while I'm not that sure that things will turn out well for everyone in the end, I think Rickon will probably show up there and something will happen.

I kinda hope Tyrion backstabs the mercs he's working with somehow, even though that's completely OOC with how he treated Bronn, because while I guess I don't actually know how much gold is in Casterly Rock, the amount he was signing over to them seemed fucking absurd and it seems like he wouldn't even be able to honor all the contracts.

Edited by Jet Black Gunner

like... who?

Tywin.

In Game of Thrones, he brings Tywin the army of mountain dudes to fight for him in battle, and acts as hand while Tywin is away.

Tywin takes over as hand, fucks Tyrion's woman, Tyrion sends the woman to wherever whores go and Tywin goes along with her.

Cersei.

Kills her little shit of a son (yes it was Tyrion, I will not let the glory be stolen from him by anyone). He should hav ebeen made king for that.

Cersei has him imprisoned and is going to have him executed. But he escapes. We find out from Cersei's POV in later books that he is at fault for most of what is going on in her life and the 7 kingdoms. She isn't dead yet, but only because Tyrion is taking his sweet time this time around.

Joffrey.

I don't really remember if this is part of the book, but in the TV series Tyrion gives Joffrey some whores, payment of sorts. Also (pretty sure this was in the book) he slaps him to give him some sense and make a man out of him. Bright would be proud.

Joffrey continues acting like a little douche, Tyrion assassinates Joffrey (ya it was totes him, him and Cersei) and runs like hell after being in jail for a bit.