Nintendo Direct April 2012 Trailer

Wooster

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling Celice will be even more awesome than leaf and roy :P

also it appears they choose the classes for the characters of the previous games based on what it most closely resembles in this game (marth is an exception) so maybe thats why roy looks like he's in the hero class and leaf a trickster plus it fits their background (leaf's fe5 version and roy who saved elibe:P)

so eliwood,hector and lyn will probably get paladin,general,assassin(cause of bows) respectively

celice might get paladin.

Edited by Velth

I have a feeling Celice will be even more awesome than leaf and roy :P

also i appears they choose the classes for the characters of the previous games based on what it most closely resembles in this game (marth is an exception) so maybe thats why roy looks like he's in the hero class and leaf a trickster plus it fits their background (leaf's fe5 version and roy who saved elibe:P)

so eliwood,hector and lyn will probably get paladin,general,assassin(cause of bows) respectively

celice might get paladin.

I'd say you're likely on the money with that. What I really want to see is one of the characters that made a cameo appearance to confirm if they'll get updates as well (Alm, Ike and Micaiah for example). If one of them shows up, I can rest easy.

I'm calling that the class names for Roy and Leaf are "Young Lion" and "Sage King" respectively. Heck, all the DLC will probably have the class of their ending title.

I'm inclined to believe this is accurate. If Marth is any indication at least.

Isn't dlc Marth's Star Lord class an edited version of masked Marth's lord class? So maybe all dlc lord are going to be edited versions of other classes?

That's what I'm thinking they'll do. I certainly don't mind it as it allows them to keep their unique-classes while meshing well with the rest of the cast. I'm going to assume none of them can promote, though. Not that I'm complaining with the caps I've seen Marth reach.

That Leaf artwork was so awesome, that I changed my icon because of it, lol. Too bad I fail at editing pictures due to lack of photoshop. sad.gif

Sigurd please.

That Leaf artwork was so awesome, that I changed my icon because of it, lol. Too bad I fail at editing pictures due to lack of photoshop. sad.gif

I don't have Photoshop. I just used paint.net (google it, it's free).

I don't have Photoshop. I just used paint.net (google it, it's free).

laugh.gifI'll wait until I get me photoshop back. Don't worry.

I'll try it

out, later.

Gimp is also a free alternative.

That's what I used. =P It's just a little more difficult to work with...

Edited by Shuuda

Will DLC characters have any dialogue or support conversations, or will they just be playable units on specific maps?

From what I've gathered:

The DLC chapters have dialogue and story. Every single guest there has pre-battle dialogue and death quotes. For the Marth dlc, Marth/Krom, My Unit/Ike and Alm/Liz have talk events in the map itself. Spotpass units have a quick introduction and also pre-battle dialogue if you choose to face them. Neither DLC nor spotpass have supports though.

Anyway, regarding the design changes... The new Marth, in spite of having a new class and his own model, still clearly was redesigned to match [spoilers]'s model. Yet, he's a Starlord, his own class, not just

's Lord class. Roy and Leaf might also have their new designs based on other models from this game, although with some changes, but I'm pretty sure they'll be getting their own classes too. We have to pay for them, after all, so they better standout.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the possibility of taking on the final stage of this game one day with an army composed entirely by the protagonists of all FEs.

Edited by NeonZ

Now that I think about it, Roy's design here looks somewhat similar to Krom's outfit, with some extra clothing underneath; this seems particularly apparent in his shoulder plate, a a prominent feature of Krom's outfit which definitely didn't exist in Roy's original portrayal. Perhaps, given this could be taken as them updating his design to match this game's Master Lord, this could mean he is indeed a Master Lord here? I should probably check the Master Lord model from the class trailer.

Edited by Rhinocerocket

From what I've gathered:

The DLC chapters have dialogue and story. Every single guest there has pre-battle dialogue and death quotes. For the Marth dlc, Marth/Krom, My Unit/Ike and Alm/Liz have talk events in the map itself. Spotpass units have a quick introduction and also pre-battle dialogue if you choose to face them. Neither DLC nor spotpass have supports though.

Anwyay, regarding the design changes... The new Marth, in spite of having a new class and his own model, still clearly was redesigned to match Lucina's model. Yet, he's a Starlord, his own class, not just Lucina's Lord class. Roy and Leaf might also have their new designs based on other models from this game, although with some changes, but I'm pretty sure they'll be getting their own classes too.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the possibility of taking on the final stage of this game one day with an army composed entirely by the protagonists of all FEs.

[spoiler](spoiler text)[/spoiler]

Hope we get Micaiah as an option, given she's probably the only DLC character that would be guaranteed to use magic (unless they start bringing in large amounts of them, but expecting we'll just get a Lord per FE or so). Still, Roy looks amazing, and I'm quite glad that this FE definitely looks to be shaping up to be the best one yet. I can't wait to get a chance to try it, it can't come out here soon enough.

Hope we get Micaiah as an option, given she's probably the only DLC character that would be guaranteed to use magic (unless they start bringing in large amounts of them, but expecting we'll just get a Lord per FE or so). Still, Roy looks amazing, and I'm quite glad that this FE definitely looks to be shaping up to be the best one yet. I can't wait to get a chance to try it, it can't come out here soon enough.

Cellica would be. She has a wind spell named after her.