Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

This may have already been answered and I don't feel like looking through 55 pages to find it.

Are we able to play after we beat the final boss or no?

Yes, but the game reverts to the last save made before engaging the final map. In other words, "postgame" is essentially being able to roam the world map right before the last battle, and you don't get to keep any experience earned from that last map.

Edited by Westbrick

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, I suppose that makes sense.

Either way, I want to see how many times I reclass each character before I get bored and just make them all Demon Fighters and Brides.

Edited by Andreyas

Hm, I suppose that makes sense.

Either way, I want to see how many times I reclass each character before I get bored and just make them all Demon Fighters and Brides.

I've been finding myself doing that a lot on my endgame NM file while working on completing the supports. So far, I've gotten all classes and supports with Krom and Mark, and all classes with Othin (MU) and Donny. Also maxed out stats for those four in the process of all that, with the exception of Krom's Mag and Res.

I'm including DLC classes in this, although I don't think I've taught Krom the standalone DLC skills yet. Not that he has much need for Paragon at this point.

Another question and this is about skills.

Can certain skills stack... like Refresh and Renewal?

Just about everything stacks, although I haven't tried Refresh with Renewal. You can stack War Experience and Paragon, you can stack Strength Cry, Rainbow Cry, and Love Cry, you can stack Res +2, Res +10, and All +2. I assume the same goes for Refresh with Renewal.

---

Turns out Refresh and Renewal do not stack. That's disappointing.

Edited by Othin

Just about everything stacks, although I haven't tried Refresh with Renewal. You can stack War Experience and Paragon, you can stack Strength Cry, Rainbow Cry, and Love Cry, you can stack Res +2, Res +10, and All +2. I assume the same goes for Refresh with Renewal.

---

Turns out Refresh and Renewal do not stack. That's disappointing.

Wow that's weird that Refresh/Renewal don't stack since Refresh has such a specific trigger. Either way, I suppose if you don't meet the isolation requirement for Refresh, you at least still get the Renewal effect.

Looks like I was wrong: they do stack. Refresh is just really terrible and doesn't even work if there are enemies nearby. Which is really strange, because Ride Fast and Concentration only count allies: they have to, because they affect combat stats, which would be useless if they didn't work around enemies. Looking at the site, though, they're described differently, so that makes sense.

If Refresh didn't stack with Renewal, it would be completely useless with Renewal available, because Renewal heals more HP anyway. Fortunately, that is not quite the case, even though it's still bad. As with a number of skills, it's entirely worse than certain alternatives, but not quite obsoleted by them because they stack.

On my NM file, I currently have 127 swords in storage, with no indication of approaching any limit. I didn't count my other items, but I'm sure the total is well over 500.

Looks to me like you can store up to 99 of any individual weapon. So you could have 99 Iron Swords, 99 Steel Swords, 99 Brave Swords, etc. Looks to me like forged weapons get counted with their base weapon, even though they can't merge with them to share uses.

Edited by Othin

This is a bit of a random question, but if Azure has Richt as his father, does he retain a unique overworld sprite when he reclasses to a Dark Knight? Do all children characters retain their unique overworld when they reclass to a different class? I ask this because I know that My Unit and Mark have generic overworld sprites when they reclass to anything outside of their Strategist -> Grand Master route.

I don't know what determines whether they get the unique overworld sprite or not. I paired MU with Serge, so Jerome has all class options available: looking through his unpromoted options, he has a unique featuring his mask in almost all of them, only missing it for Knight, Barbarian, Fighter, and Dark Mage. I should note that I've never seen a character with a unique map sprite as a Knight or a Barbarian.

So I don't think there's any specific pattern to it or relevance to parents; it's just that they added special overworld sprites for some character/class combinations and didn't bother with others. I'm thoroughly confused about why they didn't bother with MU/Mark, though.

Yeah that irks me a bit too, but I plan on keeping My Unit as a Grand Master, so there is no problem with that. Also, can you forge legendary weapons like Falaflame or the Sol Katti?

You cannot. The weapons that cannot be forged are the ones that have a price of 0, as noted on Serenes.

Oddly enough, you really can sell them and get nothing in exchange.

Darn it, I was hoping to rename Falaflame to the legendary Fire Tome from Berwick Saga, Pallas Leia. Oh well.

One last question, can Weapon Saver preserve Staff usage as well? When the game is released I wanted to make a Battle Cleric!Selena so she could make use of the skill in an effective way.

Darn it, I was hoping to rename Falaflame to the legendary Fire Tome from Berwick Saga, Pallas Leia. Oh well.

One last question, can Weapon Saver preserve Staff usage as well? When the game is released I wanted to make a Battle Cleric!Selena so she could make use of the skill in an effective way.

Aww, now I want to be able to do that. As for staffs, from what I've heard, no, it can't.

I did some messing around with forges, but just for Donny so far because he was able to get a 100% Weapon Saver activation rate with All Stats +2. I gave him a forged Glass Bow to start training his bow rank from E and named it Donny's Silverbow. Still destroys everything.

I guess to get a forged ultimate fire spell you could use Micaiah's Divineflame. Wouldn't match the raw power of even an unforged Falaflame, but the Def/Res bonuses make it stand out enough to not be completely obsoleted, either, and be reasonable to call an ultimate weapon.

Aww, now I want to be able to do that. As for staffs, from what I've heard, no, it can't.

I did some messing around with forges, but just for Donny so far because he was able to get a 100% Weapon Saver activation rate with All Stats +2. I gave him a forged Glass Bow to start training his bow rank from E and named it Donny's Silverbow. Still destroys everything.

I guess to get a forged ultimate fire spell you could use Micaiah's Divineflame. Wouldn't match the raw power of even an unforged Falaflame, but the Def/Res bonuses make it stand out enough to not be completely obsoleted, either, and be reasonable to call an ultimate weapon.

Yeah, if you pair Liz with Donny, Wood gets a 51(!) luck cap. That means he can get a 100% Weapon Saver. Consider this with a forged Brave Sword + Astra. I plan to have My Unit excel in speed so he can get that valuable +2 luck in addition to +4 speed. If you double him with a Sword Master (to get a +3 luck bonus to have 47 -> 50 luck), he gets the same 100% weapon Saver effect, resulting in Falaflame and Holsety spam at my disposal.

Edited by Leif

Yeah, if you pair Liz with Donny, Wood gets a 51(!) luck cap. That means he can get a 100% Weapon Saver. Consider this with a forged Brave Sword + Astra. I plan to have My Unit excel in speed so he can get that valuable +2 luck in addition to +4 speed. If you double him with a Sword Master (to get a +3 luck bonus to have 47 -> 50 luck), he gets the same 100% weapon Saver effect, resulting in Falaflame and Holsety spam at my disposal.

Well, with All Stats +2, anything with a 48 Luck cap can have 50 Luck all the time, so I've been making use of that. Double helps too, but most of the time when I'm doing much with the characters at max stats, I'm doubling them with various characters to build supports, so counting on that doesn't really work.

I just had an idea,

Donny the Demon Fighter~

That way he'll have another path aside from Merc and Fighter.XD.gif

Yeah, I trained him in that class as well. Still wasn't enough promoted classes to last long, but then, he didn't need long to max out every single stat, so eh.

I guess I don't need to keep Good Growths on him, huh?