What's up with Orson?

Imagine if Seth elected to stay behind! Nooooooo!!!! We just lost our best unit!

But really, the most probable solution is that some generic Frelian officials were put in charge. Or Monica!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine if Seth elected to stay behind! Nooooooo!!!! We just lost our best unit!

But really, the most probable solution is that some generic Frelian officials were put in charge. Or Monica!

I wish that's what happened. She'd probably be the most competent ruler in the entire series.

Eirika should have stayed behind in Renais. Ephraim should have been the main Lord throughout the entire game, and he could have had more playable chapters to replace those being removed from not having an Eirika route.

• 2 weeks later...

A ruler who says nothing but "Anata"? Sounds like something out of "Being John Malkovich."

Dexter pulled off World Peace with "Omelette Du Fromage", despite it not being correct. XD

Far from the Forest would be a better place for his topic in that case.

Orson?

He's doing it for this:

Betrayal1.pngBetrayal2.png

AnataNO1.pngAnataNO2.png

He did it for his waifu.

He didn't care about anything else. Literally.

The country was crumbling under him, and all he cared about was his resurrected waifu calling him "Anata".

Saying "You" so much shows he's psychotic.

Jokes aside, the thought of Ephraim taking Monica out back and putting her down like a rabid dog is truly chilling stuff.

Monica's never seen on-stage, right? Just a voice saying 'Darling'?

... My mental image of Monica is pretty much a puddle of oozing flesh. Yeah...

あなた means "my dear" in this context

Indeed, saying あなた in this context is an endearing word toward a lover. In standard textbook Japanese, it just means "you."

It all depends on context, since Japanese doesn't have a definite word for "you." Other words that mean "you" such as きみ or おまえ are generally used when talking to someone of lower social status than you, someone who you resent, or someone you're close friends with. Every now and then you'll hear きみ in a song, but that's because it only has two syllables, making it easier to put into a song, and is talking about an ambiguous person instead of someone specific.

EDIT: For those who don't speak Japanese, あなた is "anata," きみ is "kimi," and おまえ is "omae."

Edited by 1st Mate Bob

Monica's never seen on-stage, right? Just a voice saying 'Darling'?

... My mental image of Monica is pretty much a puddle of oozing flesh. Yeah...

Right. The most you see of Monica is her Female Civilian map sprite.

Your mental image should be a puddle of oozing flesh that Orson is making love to. Oh yeah!

Right. The most you see of Monica is her Female Civilian map sprite.

Your mental image should be a puddle of oozing flesh that Orson is making love to. Oh yeah!

Monica saying "anata" must REALLY turn him on then.

No seriously, that mental image is killing me.

Darling! Darling! Darling! DARLING!!!

Orson: What is it, Monica? You seem so happy today. Of COURSE I know what today is. I'd never forget your birthday! I have a present for you, dear. I think you'll like it....

Cue Orson's pants dropping.

I've never attempted this, but can only assume it's the same case with other plot-important characters like Myrrh, where they receive a crippling wound that doesn't kill them, but prevents them from fighting (Presumably by the time of Chaptur 16 that woud might have healed). It's hard to do without intent as Orson was slay enemies left and right in that chapter if you let him. (I would avoid doing this because he'll take valuable EXP away from units that could use it more in Chapter 5x. Also, there's literally no point in letting him fight at all because when you unlock him in the postgame he will always be at level 13 and be a fixed inventory regardless of what you did with him in 5x. Even then, the only good thing he's got going for him is the Runesword that comes with him. By this point you'll already have Seth, Franz, or Amelia (if not all three) at very high levels and will outperform him anyway.

First of all, this was already answered. Second, you can just have him trade his stuff to someone else.

I like to think Ephraim thought better of his earlier suggestions and kept Monica around as a pet to sic on diplomats that annoyed him.

I like to think Ephraim thought better of his earlier suggestions and kept Monica around as a pet to sic on diplomats that annoyed him.

What is she gonna do? Ooze down the cracks in the wall?

Seth should've been the one to stay behind. Then the game might be balanced.

His stats are;

Level 3 Paladin

HP: 34/80

Str: 15/55

Skl: 13/45

Spd: 11/40

Lck: 4/25

Def: 13/45

Res: 7/30

Con: 12

Double-A ranks

Dark affinity

(That's assuming he uses his creature campaign growths; I don't actually know if his 5x ones are different.)

Orson is still more than capable of wrecking house.

By "stay behind" we were talking in terms of Seth leaving after chapter 16 to watch over Renais - not Orson remaining or rejoining the party.

This topic is gross. :x

This topic is awesome!