May 17th DLC

For the different teams, are they bringing in characters by continent or by game? As in you could have Sigurd, Celice, Yuria, etc. and Leaf, Fin, Nanna, Evayle? Or would they be one group?

It'd be kinda cool if they included Evayle and one of her class change options was to Sniper.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the in game models, I'm pretty sure now that Ephraim is a Great Knight. The armor doesn't match perfectly the specific shapes, but the general mold is there, and the Paladin armor is just completely different. The Paladin armor's plates all tie together in the middle, which has raised border, the shield and paulders are also completely different from Ephraim's, while Ephraim's look pretty close to the in-game Great Knight's pieces.

The only other possibility is a custom class based on Krom's Master Lord, but I don't see Ephraim getting the Marth treatment here. However, the general armor shape also matches a Master Lord's, including the hip armor, which is pretty different from a Great Knight. Master Lord doesn't have the big shield though...

For the different teams, are they bringing in characters by continent or by game? As in you could have Sigurd, Celice, Yuria, etc. and Leaf, Fin, Nanna, Evayle? Or would they be one group?

10 characters per game so far, although there are a couple of exceptions. Removing the remakes, that would leave 100 characters out of the 120, but FE4 is getting 20 characters, rather than 10 (10 per generation) and the Archanea situation isn't very clear right now - it has 21 characters confirmed right now, but no one has enough information about the third pack.

Edited by NeonZ

So it's someone who has worked on the series before. That explain why he looks so natural in his new gear.

Like a few others said earlier, with no Paladin artwork to judge by, he looks more like a Great Knight. I'm still saying Paladin if only because it'd fit his Great Lord class better than anything else. Either way, I don't think his in-game model will have the cape.

The only classes that have a cape ingame are Great Lord and Star Lord of which only the former uses lances so it's a possibility ,Also I believe the boss of chapter 12 is a paladin and he has a body sprite when he talks before the chapter begins but his armor doesn't look like Ephraim's , that being said Ephraim could be like Frederick and have a unique armor for the class he's in.

The only classes that have a cape ingame are Great Lord and Star Lord of which only the former uses lances so it's a possibility ,Also I believe the boss of chapter 12 is a paladin and he has a body sprite when he talks before the chapter begins but his armor doesn't look like Ephraim's , that being said Ephraim could be like Frederick and have a unique armor for the class he's in.

I was not aware of this. Thanks for the info.

I'm 90% sure Ephraim is wearing unique armor. I'm 60% sure his model won't have it. Regardless, I don't really care considering I like the artwork for what it's purpose is. As for his class, nothing to do now but play a waiting game until next week.

Hasha no Tsurugi artist?

Wait a second....no wonder he looks so familiar!

Now can we have Maki Hakoda do one?

Plus I REALLY hope Ephraim will be Master Lord again in this game, without the horse. Then again, Roy wasn't made into a Master Lord, so I'm having doubts that Ephraim will. Sadly.

...They could easily put him as Master Lord using a model similar to Krom's, since his Master Lord model has the Shield of Seals. They could change it to a generic shield and have Ephraim at B or A rank Lance while having swords at a lower rank like E or D.

This could really be a great chance to make FE8 look a bit better...(not of fan of Eirika and Ephraim being simply stuck on a horse, I was hoping for a much better look)

Edited by SilvueWolf

Can there be any hope for more than the initial 12 teams? It's there a possibility that they would release all the characters?

The 3DS supports actual DLC, so it should be possible, especially with the game selling above expectations. Still, thinking about it, I wonder if they're avoiding adding new classes/models to the spotpass characters due to the Streetpass system. What happens if you get an enemy team featuring a character you haven't downloaded yet...?

Edited by NeonZ

Awesome. It would have been even more awesome if he'd reintroduced the soldier class, but I can live with him as a Great Knight/Paladin I suppose. Actually, no, I'm with whoever said he should share Krom's Great Lord class, though I can't really imagine the main character having the same class as someone else.

By the way, why do the kings and queens in Fire Emblem never have crowns? Mostyn is the only one I can remember who has a proper one; the rest are always either bare-headed or wearing petty girly circlets.

King Ephraim is badass enough to deserve a crown!

Another thing: the image from the map is too tiny to be sure, but it reminds me of both Chapter 17: Day Breaks Part 4 and Chapter 28: Twisted Tower from Path of Radiance.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

The 3DS supports actual DLC, so it should be possible, especially with the game selling above expectations. Still, thinking about it, I wonder if they're avoiding adding new classes/models to the spotpass characters due to the Streetpass system. What happens if you get an enemy team featuring a character you haven't downloaded yet...?

AFAIK...

For unsupported characters, you get a question mark mug. Unsupported classes are referred to as "Otherworld Class" and use the Tactician (or was it Grandmaster) model, but can wield more than just tomes and swords (eg. if you meet a Demon Fighter, without buying the DLC, you can see a Tactician with an axe...). Similarly, unsupported items and skills show up as "Otherworld Item/Skill" and have their normal effects.

Edited by VincentASM

Nice!!

I JUST finished Sacred Stones, so i'm pretty fond of Ephraim as a lord.. This is exciting to me.

As usual, i'm very impressed with the art and the redesign. It's amazing, really..

I'm sure he's a Paladin, though. His armor matches Frederick's overall shape.

1096718.jpg

As you can see, he's got the same pieces of armor spread all around. It's slightly bulky, but still sleek and "prince"-like. The only real missing piece is the shield, but the resemblance is still strong.

Edited by LegendaryHero0

Awesome. It would have been even more awesome if he'd reintroduced the soldier class, but I can live with him as a Great Knight/Paladin I suppose. Actually, no, I'm with whoever said he should share Krom's Great Lord class, though I can't really imagine the main character having the same class as someone else.

By the way, why do the kings and queens in Fire Emblem never have crowns? Mostyn is the only one I can remember who has a proper one; the rest are always either bare-headed or wearing petty girly circlets.

King Ephraim is badass enough to deserve a crown!

Another thing: the image from the map is too tiny to be sure, but it reminds me of both Chapter 17: Day Breaks Part 4 and Chapter 28: Twisted Tower from Path of Radiance.

To be fair, crowns, being giant hunks of metal and large precious rocks, are probably pretty heavy and cumbersome. They're probably more for ceremonial purposes than anything else, and so look kind of out of place for informal situations and on characters that might be seeing combat. Circlet's convey "I'm royalty" while still looking practical.

Of course, Ephraim could totally pull off a crown in combat 'cause that's just how he rolls.

To be fair, crowns, being giant hunks of metal and large precious rocks, are probably pretty heavy and cumbersome. They're probably more for ceremonial purposes than anything else, and so look kind of out of place for informal situations and on characters that might be seeing combat. Circlet's convey "I'm royalty" while still looking practical.

Of course, Ephraim could totally pull off a crown in combat 'cause that's just how he rolls.

But...but...crowns...mellow.gif

And Ephraim isn't even wearing a circlet. He's not nearly as feminine proud of his position as Marth, for example. It's like he doesn't even want to be a king! Though actually, if I remember a certain conversation in The Sacred Stones, he admits that he doesn't. So I just helped to nullify my own argument there.

If I recall correctly Ephraim hates the idea of becoming a king and wishes Eirika to take his place so he can be a mercenary so a crown wouldn't fit him very well.

Edited by Velth

Dead on. The Queen of England wears a crown during ceremonies, and even then they have servants to lift it off of her head once in a while, it's pretty heavy.

Dead on. The Queen of England wears a crown during ceremonies, and even then they have servants to lift it off of her head once in a while, it's pretty heavy.

Of course I know that, but in a typical cartoon medieval fantasy world, you see a king, and he has a crown. Doesn't matter anyway. All we need to be sure of is that Ephraim is a beast.

Imagine he comes as a Villager with personal sprite...

Actually, that might thematically be the next best thing if we can't have a soldier. I remember thinking of Amelia as a Halberdier in my second to last playthrough of The Sacred Stones.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

Sweet artwork! I wonder what class will he be... I hope he's footed, I want a footed Lance user that is not a Knight/General class.

Ur gonna hate me for this but...

I think that (THINK, not want) they might have him as his promotion, so mounted...

Though a soldier class would be cool.

I predict he will be a custom class, mounted with lances only?

I dunno

Edited by pegasusmage