May 17th DLC

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you only need one completion: it seems they drop their best reward on the first time, but won't give it up again. But even then, you need one nearby player.

Hopefully it'll work with the other regions' versions once it comes out.

---

Hey, Light vs. Dark is on FE9 Ch8. Neat. Of course, that means those crazy powerful enemies are swarming you. And yeah, it's the male half of the Spirit Talisman crowd again.

Marth - Star Lord

Alm - Hero

Sigurd - Paladin

Serlis - Swordmaster

Leaf - Trickster

Roy - Hero

Eliwood - Paladin

Ephraim - Great Knight

Ike - Hero

Sothe - Trickster

I guess they aren't that concerned about redundancy. They're all max level and plenty powerful, but there's just 10 of them, and 30 enemies that are about as strong. Oh, and just 10 of your own team.

I suppose they aren't. Still some small room for variation with the advent of Demon Fighter, but I really don't think we'll get another custom class outside of Celica's.

Eep. Did I say about as strong? By the start of Turn 2 on my second attempt, seven of the ten NPCs were dead. At least they killed Sephiran before he could rip through anyone else.

And by that I mean the first attempt that reached Turn 2: the one that didn't end on my third action by sending MU to fight Hardin and get killed instantly in return. This, instead, was the one where Narshen flew in and one-rounded Liz. This map is insane.

Edited by Othin

Yeah, an endgame team just isn't sufficient. I'm pretty certain you need a decidedly postgame team.

At least that gives me an excuse to see just how invincible 5 slayer skils/rezire/dual guard + on backup MU can actually be (I suspect the answer is "invincible enough").

But still, you don't truly know fear until you see Ishtar activate Astra with Thorhammer.

Yeah, an endgame team just isn't sufficient. I'm pretty certain you need a decidedly postgame team.

At least that gives me an excuse to see just how invincible 5 slayer skils/rezire/dual guard + on backup MU can actually be (I suspect the answer is "invincible enough").

But still, you don't truly know fear until you see Ishtar activate Astra with Thorhammer.

I have a postgame team and I'm getting my ass kicked. I'm terrified of what a rank 5 map will be like. I mean, the enemies already have maxed skills and occasional capped stats. I guess the likely third battle against both Light and Dark will have 60 enemies at a similar strength, plus probably better weapons.

I imagine that MU would be pretty much invincible against 19 of the enemies and somewhat less invincible against the 11 with Tome Slayer. I mean, it would just cancel out the MU's own slayer skill, and with high enough stats you could probably take them on like that, but...

I didn't even notice Ishtar had Astra: didn't live long enough to fight her. Now I'm scared to. Why does this game not have a Nihil skill? I mean, I guess we'll probably get it from another DLC map...

I have a postgame team and I'm getting my ass kicked. I'm terrified of what a rank 5 map will be like. I mean, the enemies already have maxed skills and occasional capped stats. I guess the likely third battle against both Light and Dark will have 60 enemies at a similar strength, plus probably better weapons.

I imagine that MU would be pretty much invincible against 19 of the enemies and somewhat less invincible against the 11 with Tome Slayer. I mean, it would just cancel out the MU's own slayer skill, and with high enough stats you could probably take them on like that, but...

I didn't even notice Ishtar had Astra: didn't live long enough to fight her. Now I'm scared to. Why does this game not have a Nihil skill? I mean, I guess we'll probably get it from another DLC map...

Most likely, since they're giving us Paragon in Celice's map next week. Though honestly, I'd imagine such a skill could only be earned on at least a 4-star map.

Most likely, since they're giving us Paragon in Celice's map next week. Though honestly, I'd imagine such a skill could only be earned on at least a 4-star map.

True. The skills seem to be showing up on the higher-leveled third conclusions, so the possibilities on the field right now are the Red vs. Blue final (4-star) and the Light vs. Dark final (5-star).

I'm guessing they'll loop around and add more lower-star maps after they finish with all this, though.

Why does this game not have a Nihil skill? I mean, I guess we'll probably get it from another DLC map...

Watch, Nihil is gotten from a scroll that's from a 5-star map where the enemies are skill storms with capped stats and overkill weapons, so it's merely a bragging rights reward.

Watch, Nihil is gotten from a scroll that's from a 5-star map where the enemies are skill storms with capped stats and overkill weapons, so it's merely a bragging rights reward.

Where the boss has said skill active?

For anyone curious, that MU was completely invincible. Just stick anyone with a weapon other than tomes on backup with dual guard + and go to town, even against enemies of this caliber.

Edited by cheetah7071

For anyone curious, that MU was completely invincible. Just stick anyone with a weapon other than tomes on backup with dual guard + and go to town, even against enemies of this caliber.

Ah, so you actually have that MU.

Ah, so you actually have that MU.

I ground her up after making the first post. It only took me about an hour to do, and now I can do all the new content on normal mode quickly and get back to focusing on lunatic and eventually lunatic+.

Well, I decided to do the chapter the hard way. Relatively speaking. A main issue was that the two characters who had been my best on my main team, Sol and Saria, were in sub-optimal condition: Sol had reclassed to Myrmidon after finishing with Demon Fighter, making his stats severely limited by the class's pitiful caps. Meanwhile, Saria was a Sniper to learn Accuracy +20, but was really weak in that class. I used some skirmishes to get them back to their best classes, Swordmaster and Sorcerer, and returned to fight some villains.

I wound up using Saria and Alvis as my front line: I'm not sure this map is even possible without Nosferatu and/or Inverse's Darkness for healing. Fortunately, most of the enemies came through just two paths, which they were able to block off. Other enemies caused more trouble by bypassing that: Jaffar and Lloyd with Pass, and Trabant, Narshen, and Ashnard with their flight. Trabant always hurled himself into the center area early to kill an NPC, leaving him open to be dispatched easily enough, while Ashnard took a while to charge, giving me time to prepare, but Narshen was real trouble. I made Valhart a Griffin Knight, and as my best non-Sorcerer character at the moment, I had him fly around to go after particularly threatening enemies like Narshen. Sol didn't have the others' survivability, but he was great at eliminating choice enemies that weren't in danger zones, at least the ones without Sword Slayer. Noire, Liz, and Jerome supported those four with sniping, healing, and Rainbow Cry spamming, respectively. Krom, Lucina, and MU spent most of their time in Double. After quite a number of attempts, it worked out.

After winning, I decided to take a look at the map on Lunatic. Unsurpringly, the enemies' stats were about as high as they could get: Sephiran in particular had every stat capped except Str, which he didn't even need. A lot of enemies also had forged, even some on Brave weapons, but surprisingly even enemies with the lower-rank Killer weapons and Nosferatu only forged the basic +4 Mt / +10 Hit, rather than going for the hacked +8 Mt / +20 Hit that I've seen even on Lunatic's early skirmishes and elsewhere. Skills appeared unchanged, and aside from being forged, the weapons weren't changed either. Interestingly, the NPCs got similar bonuses, although I sense they'd die even faster on Lunatic if I were to actually try it. I guess it's because they keep those stats as enemies in the future maps. Their weapons did not change, even to pick up a forge bonus.

So how is the DLC's difficulty, so far?

Can it be challenging enough for somebody who would avoid using that many units and sticks to those that are good enough (like Asvel, Finn, Fergus, and yourself from Thracia 776), avoiding units who aren't good enough due to joining too late, having stats too low, lacking skills or skills that are good enough to make up for any problems, weapons roster, etc. (like Marty and several of the Sword of Seals cast) AND using stuff like T776's Warp Staff's?

Edited by Retsudo