May 17th DLC

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Art is manly as hell.

Hmm, not bad at all. Seems like it actually could be a FE art style.

Well, that statement actually makes sense.

Artist: 山田 孝太郎

[10:30:38 PM] shadowofchaos: 山田 孝太郎

Yamada Koutarou

[10:30:41 PM] shadowofchaos: sound familiar at all?

[10:30:51 PM] The Blind Archer: I'll run it through the Googleotron

[10:31:15 PM] The Blind Archer: Art style has some familiarity to it... but I don't know right yet

[10:31:39 PM] shadowofchaos: Oh

[10:31:41 PM] shadowofchaos: I remember

[10:31:45 PM] shadowofchaos: Hasha no Tsurugi Artist

[10:31:58 PM] The Blind Archer: ... aaaah, that explains it

[10:32:05 PM] The Blind Archer: Kinda weird that they didn't use him for Roy lol

[10:32:38 PM] The Blind Archer: Ephraim for SSB4 plz

[10:33:47 PM] The Blind Archer: That said, good to see that Nintendo got another FE artist (sorta?) to do FE character art

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm wondering if he's a paladin, great knight, or a new class.

Either way he better have Lance Specialization.

Someone in another thread noticed that his chestpiece looks rather similar to Frederick's, so possibly the Great Knight or Lord.

Yeah I meant that skill.

Maybe Ephraim's a modified Master Lord that only uses Lances?

You might be right. Looking at it, he could pass for Krom's Master Lord class with the way he's holding his shield. We'll see though.

I assume Ephraim is a Great Knight since his armor is essentially the same as Fred's, except cooler and more lordly. He definitely fits the FE aesthetic and seems at least as functional as Leaf. This is definitely my favourite art thus far, but I might also be biased because Ephraim x L'arachel is my favourite support convo ever (though FE13 might change that!)

I'm going to guess Great Lord simply because he cannonically has a horse on promotion.

Maybe but Great Knight would be kinda of weird considering the Great Knight class is iconically fond of Axes.

Another point for Modified Master Lord is that was his class name in the Japanese version.

I'm pretty sure he's a Paladin now. Looking at the in-game Paladin model, the armor fits, they've got the shield, and it'd fit with his Master Lord promotion. Not a bad choice if that's the case. Let's hope he get's some awesome stat-caps to go along with it.

Looks kind of like what Roy's illustrator did. Take the base class, then "Lord-ify" it by adding the cape and other regal details.

Edited by Shun One

He was a Solider on SpotPass, and I feel he kinda looks like one here. I'm predicting Solider, and I'm hoping he will give a scroll for the class, like Alm did for the demon fighter.

If it gains access to halberdiers too, thatd be cool biggrin.gif

I'm thinking either Paladin or Great Knight. Paladin because its similar to his promotion in FE8 (plus swords), and Great Knight because the class debuted in FE8.

Is he the only DLC for that week?

Is he the only DLC for that week?

Nope, he isn't. There's also this map with a 'Mummy' guy that Anna wants you to defeat. He's all sewn-up and looking like a ghoul (entombed?). The map looks like this.

dlc0517a_ss2.jpg

Apparently, this DLC is for pure Experience, but correct me if I'm wrong since I'm terrible at Japanese.

Edited by Silent Mercenary

Now that is more like it.

(okay except his legs - they look too thin considering they're armoured, which is pretty bad given how top-heavy he is)

Looking at the map in one of the screenshots, it's pretty hard for clearly identify much from it, but it does look quite like a swamp or maybe forest. Not many FE swamps come to mind - the only FE8 one which does is Za'albul Marsh, where he fought Selena, and in its original portrayal it didn't quite look the part. Of course if it's a forest, we're kinda SOL in guessing where it is at this stage.

Edited by Rhinocerocket

Looking at the map in one of the screenshots, it's pretty hard for clearly identify much from it, but it does look quite like a swamp or maybe forest. Not many FE swamps come to mind - the only FE8 one which does is Za'albul Marsh, where he fought Selena, and in its original portrayal it didn't quite look the part. Of course if it's a forest, we're kinda SOL in guessing where it is at this stage.

Elincia's map wasn't in Tellius but in FE7's final chapter. The only FE8 chapter that comes to mind when looking at the terrain is the Darkling Woods one (chapter 20). I'm sure I've played in this map, and that tileset is surely a GBA one (or Tellius one), but my mind is blank right now.

Do I spy Eltshan and Camus on the same map? *fangasm*

Anyway, Eph looks sick. This may be my favorite new OA. Not sure what class. I could see paladin. It doesn't look quite bulky enough to be GK. Though being a lance using footie would be nice, just to have access to the class.

Elincia's map wasn't in Tellius but in FE7's final chapter. The only FE8 chapter that comes to mind when looking at the terrain is the Darkling Woods one (chapter 20). I'm sure I've played in this map, and that tileset is surely a GBA one (or Tellius one), but my mind is blank right now.

I think it's The Dread Island or whatever the chapters called before Dragons Gate. The screenshot looks like a more spaced out version of the forest Uhai is around.

Am I the only one who thinks his art looks very similar to Fredrick's? The armor styles are pretty close in terms of which body parts they're concentrated on protecting on (chest, shoulder, knees, elbows, etc.) along with a similar pose not that i'm complaining *fangirling*

Doubt he's a foot soldier, the armor looks too heavy for him to run around in without a pony (and he looks like Fredrick dammit, he's definitely a gk or pally)

I think it's The Dread Island or whatever the chapters called before Dragons Gate. The screenshot looks like a more spaced out version of the forest Uhai is around.

I thought of that one too (18/19: The Dread Isle) but there seems to be a rock formation on top of the forest, not on the side.

[spoiler=The Dread Isle map]

RnK18.gif

dlc0517b_ss2.jpg

Then there's chapter 24 of PoR where you fight in Delbray Castle, which has rain too. It's a well-recognized map where the Queen reunites with the Delbray siblings/Crimean army, and the Black Knight appears and fights Ike.

[spoiler=Battle Reunion map]

PoR24.png

Here's also Darkling Woods for comparison, which seems the most likely from FE8 in my opinion. (My other guess being Waterside Renvall).

[spoiler=Darkling Woods map]

20.png