I Can't Believe It's Still Not SFMM2 Minimafia - Randomlynch Wins

Prims

Rapier: learn 2 think, you should have been on Shinori's ass all D2

It would never have happened, because:

- My case agaisnt Paper wouldn't have been that stupid if the Jailer possibility didn't exist.

- I didn't know Roleblocks also included stopping Night Kills.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought up the Jailer possibility and you disregarded it

You're the only one who considered it.

Everyone was on board for a Safeguard or a lucky-as-fuck Doctor.

I thought that was the only one. Also, I'm too stubborn, that's why I still held you. I thought I could find a Phoenix Wright-ish reason that would fix this and lynch you like the difference between flavors, but I was wrong.

Sorry. >:

I thought that was the only one. Also, I'm too stubborn, that's why I still held you. I thought I could find a Phoenix Wright-ish reason that would fix this and lynch you like the difference between flavors, but I was wrong.

Sorry. >:

There's a time to be stubborn, and if someone's hitting you over the head with your own logic, it's time to move on.

There's a time to be stubborn, and if someone's hitting you over the head with your own logic, it's time to move on.

I went too far. Do you think I was wrong by pressing Paper, or do you think I'm wrong for not admitting it? I'm not sure if a "I'm sorry" post would've made me less scummy.

You were wrong on both counts. When someone points out flaws in your logic, and they're legitimate, apologize, and look for another angle of attack. If one doesn't exist, then look elsewhere; you might have the wrong target.

I'm lazy and want to go to bed, so you get these in pairs of three.

Blitz - You could definitely stand to be more aggressive. Even though you jumped around a lot early on, once a train started building on you D1, you just kinda sat there and never really did anything with your Ether vote. I couldn't even tell whether or not you still suspected him or why. Work on vocalizing your opinions in the future - it doesn't matter whether you're right or not if nobody can follow your logic. Point, Evidence, Explain is a decent way to go about this in Mafia if you're still new to explaining cases - shitty ex. "Paperblade is scummy and I want to lynch him. In post #27, he voted flipped town Levity when other people started voting her because he is a huge jerk. Just because you are a jerk doesn't mean your target is scum, so this looks like an opportunistic wagon hop. ##Vote: Paperblade" Also, being around to claim would've been nice, but I assume that wasn't your fault.

Rapier - Consider reading mafiascum wiki or something to get a better handle of role mechanics. IIRC I told you that you blocked all active abilities, the mafia NK is an active ability, albeit a factional one. Aside from that, your day one wasn't too terrible, but please, don't assume Player B is Player A's scumbuddy or use it as a basis for your arguments until Player A flips scum. These trains of thought are often futile wastes of time, and it can be very easy for scum to manipulate them to get the player in your duo that isn't scum lynched, assuming you're wrong. D2... you took way too long to vote, first of all. Getting your opinions and vote out earlier helps keep the day moving, re-reading the game overnight helps (if you have the time). It seemed like you were turning the game toward role speculation instead of scumhunting, which tends to be a Bad Idea in NOC until massclaim. Your logic regarding the safeguard didn't even make much sense, town safeguards can exist as well as scum ones, and town/scum blocker can exist simultaneously.

Paperblade - Pretty good work overall given the derptastic play you had to put up with at some points. I would, however, disagree that going with RandomLynch over BlitzLynch was a good idea - you didn't know the role distribution, RandomLynch could have easily resulted in a shitty kill on an under-the-radar PR (Rapier!) who nobody suspected at the time, or just ended up in one of Blitz/Manix dying if you thought they were town. Blitz's flip would've at least provided concrete information. Last minute wagons generally just don't work out, and while you should strive to lynch scum, D1 mislynch honestly isn't the end of the world when it happens. D2 I think you could have put up more of an effort to get the lurkers to talk when everybody except you was being lazy, possibly by asking them questions and such if you absolutely couldn't think of anything (as in specific ones directed toward the player, not questionnaires, those are dumb). When people aren't playing for the game they signed up for it's up to the few who are to get their asses in gear. The mod can't hand out prods for active lurking. This complaint might just be because I was frustrated watching early D2 play out, though.