So... it's kinda weird.

Grace

It just comes across as strange that I joined SF three years ago. And yet, I only really started not lurking sometime last year.

And I feel so comfortable here.

Yeah, I'm not leaving anytime soon.

Also, because FFtF

You're a potato. A very blue potato at that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, this community is actually pretty accepting. I heard they were mean to newbies.

I think they've gotten better over time, honestly. Find the right people and you're fine.

Edited by Manix

No one was particularly mean to me, so...

WHAAT I wasn't mean to you?

Dammit.

What was SF like back in the old days?

A lot of it seems to be archived, you could adventure and find out for yourself.

Idk about the first 5-6 months much...

But for 08...

Spamspamspamspamspamspamspamwhiteknightwhiteknightwhiteknightwhiteknightwhiteknight

Not the case with everybody at least because I thought a lot of people were just super fun/funny x3

Mostly though the parts I remembered most about it was the fun stuff though because everybody says "it was horrible in 08-09" while all I remember is that from 08-09 it was quite fun~

I guess I was just blissfully unaware because I just had fun with all my friends =3

So I suppose this could mean that you can choose to ignore whatever positive stuff I say about those times since I'm probably remembering all the wrong things.

I began to find this place less enjoyable around 2010 but towards the end of 2011 to now, or something like that, I've been having a bit more fun around here.

EDIT: Or yeah what Severian said. The Ultima topic~!

Edited by Freohr Datia

You know, this community is actually pretty accepting. I heard they were mean to newbies.

ECLIPSE'S GUIDE FOR NOT PISSING OFF THE ENTIRETY OF SF IN YOUR FIRST DAY:

0. Forum rules. Read them.

1. Be nice to everyone. Even Psych when he's mafia.

2. Some people like to argue for the sake of arguing. Don't let it get to you.

3. You are not God's gift to SF/FE/spriting/hacking/etc.

4. Don't insult people who try to help you.

5. Don't take constructive criticism personally. Especially if it's Furet critiquing your fanfiction.

6. Please and thank you go a long way.

7. Don't get yourself modkilled for lulz in a mafia game.

8. RNG rigging is a touchy issue in drafts - however, you're more likely to get people upset with you for rigging 2% crits than trying to get your 85% to hit.

9. Everyone's got an opinion, and it might not beat the same as yours. Deal with it maturely.

10. Lurk a bit in the communities you want to join. If you aren't sure where to post, FftF has the loosest rules.

I guess according to this site I joined in 09. I didn't think I've been a member that long. However, it's only pretty much been this year that I've started posting.

I delayed joining this site for several months, because there seemed to be quite a bit of hostility when I lurked. But when I actually joined, I just made sure not to say anything stupid and to be polite. It worked.

I delayed joining this site for several months, because there seemed to be quite a bit of hostility when I lurked. But when I actually joined, I just made sure not to say anything stupid and to be polite. It worked.

Yup and if only everyone could learn to do this XD

Yup and if only everyone could learn to do this XD

I'd raather have people join and talk and hopefully get banned or ragequit. Or just be around and whatever.

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield