Rate the Unit Day 2: FE5 Edition; Fin

Psych

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity, which where then copied from the FE10 ratings)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get home from school, between 1500 and 1600 EST.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a warp staff" or any other justification as an argument.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

- Scrolls have no impact on a unit's rating. Just because Marty can become awesome with scrolls does not mean his score should go up.

- Warp skipping has an impact on scores in so far as "Safy has an high base staff rank". Nanna would score lower than Safy because of her lower rank, but no chapter is explicitly said to be skipped. You can't get Warp and then suddenly say every character after doesn't exist or requires turns to recruit. Something could be said of Xavier, or Conomore/Amalda who are in an escape chapter where Leaf starts next to the escape point.

Leaf: 8.18

Fin 8/10

Mounted and has a personal Brave Weapon. Comes early and gets back ASAP too so plenty of time to work on Sword rank if you want. Helps with capturing and likely essential in 8 due to fatigue in the Manster units. You basically don't have a reason to not use him.

Edited by Papermate

Not scoring, considering I haven't played too much of FE5, but it should say "Rate the Unit Day 2: FE5 Edition; Fin", instead of Day 1.

EDIT: Dang it, ninja'd.

Edited by Konnor97

Fin is such a bro.

Pros

+ Bro

+ Brave Lance with 60 uses, +10 luck, and....proof? The fuck, that's amazing.

+ Good base stats wooot

+ A noble steed

Cons

- Indoor chapter I GUESS but this is a problem a lot of mounted units in this game face so whatever

9/10 with my bias included.

it's day 2

solid all-around unit for most of the game; weak indoors but there are plenty of other options for that 8/10

This

+1 bias for being Fin and thus the manliest man of Lenster

9/10

This

+1 bias for being Fin and thus the manliest man of Lenster

9/10

Well after Cuan died there wasn't much competition.

...Just sayin' is all.

Edited by Refa

His stats could be all zeros and I'd still deploy him once in a while for his horse, leadership star, and weapon. With actual stats he's an easy 10/10 on any outdoor map, and like 5/10 on indoor maps. I'll balance it out to around 8/10.

Fin's good. Great, actually. He has decent stats, and is mounted in the first chapter. Brave Lance is lots of funs, and prayer is.... okay I guess. Indoor chapters aren't particularly good to fin but what mounted unit is good at fighting indoors anyway?

9/10 second best of the chapter 1 squad.

Edited by Folgore Blue

Excellent bases and good growths coupled with great availability, weapon ranks and a leadership star is very hard to pass up. A horse and his personal lance makes captures fairly easy as well. Said lance also makes him near unkillable with a bonus 10 Luck coupled with his innate Prayer skill, and that's not even counting his supports from both Nanna and Leaf, the former having innate Charisma and the latter possibly holding the King's Sword for utility. While his movement indoors is atrophied, he's twenty swings away from a C rank, which gives access to the fairly common and useful Rapier along with the Killer Sword.

He gets a 9/10 from me.

Edited by Dio

Fin is a life saver. In earlygame, when ever I need to capture somebody, Fin is always there with his brave lance. Oh, and prayer is legit.

8.5/10

Just make this one mine.

9/10

Finn is amazing in outdoors parts of FE5. Pretty good bases, ready for promotion, and good availability just add to his awesomeness. His only problem is that he is a horse using unit, and those don't do that well in FE5 indoors. But Finn isn't terrible indoors, he's just worse than foot-only units (seriously, this is the only game in the series where having a horse isn't good for you, something which really annoys me when I play it).

FUDGE YEAH FIN!

His bases (especially speed) are dead sexy. As is anyone who fights him, dead, not sexy.

He's a high level, so yeah, quick promotion, hecks yeah! :D

Brave lance, just brave lance

Epic availability

OK, he's meh on indoor chapters... but... ehh... he's still usable, getting his sword rank to B is pretty easy for the most part.

9.5/10 Bias point included of course.

He has his own lance, a star and pretty manly stats. He vanishes for a while, but he's very reliable... unless you're me and he has 9 strength at level 18. Still, he has a D in swords, which can be worked up to a C, and he'll have no trouble with lances.

8.5/10

Practically useless indoors what with the 5 movement, but outdoor maps are nice. For reasons that have been covered by everyone else here, 8.5/10; he loses 1.5 for being a mounted unit which, strangely enough, is finally a bad thing to some extent.

Edited by Agro

I just like Fin. On a horse, has a brave weapon with 10 to luck, and does his job good. Yes you could say he sucks indoors but whocares(besides I gave him the king sword because I like him). Anywho I like Fin.

9/10

Being mounted puts him at an indoor movement disadvantage. Being lance locked in mounted form means he gets to use E swords all the time in indoor maps, which sucks. (I'm a sucker for efficiency, even if I don't usually try too hard to actually get it.) But outdoor, he's really good...just, does he really have to come with a lance in the early chapters where everyone's got axes? It's a minor annoyance, but annoying all the same.

I don't know what to rate him. anticlimax/10? >.>

Well, he's got the bases, cincluding weapon rank, high starting level.

And of course, a horse and on of the bestest weapons there is whose bonus also just so happens to work wonderfully with his prayer skill.

And he also got a leader ship star, so he helps anyone just by being on the map.

9/10 - This guy got everything. No wonder he is so popular.