Furetchen turns his hand to balancing FE7!

Parrhesia

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, with tougher enemies and the nerfs to handaxes/tomahawks/spears/shortspears/javelins I forgot to mention in the OP, I figure they'll come in some use. Boosting Wil's base speed by one, I guess? I mean, he is level two.

What about turning Merlinus into a wagon, but nerfing his dodge so he can no longer just tank anything, like he tends to be able to near late midgame?

I'll probably make him start closer to the main group so that the desert chapter doesn't completely fuck him over. In fact, given that I usually just let Pent roll that and try to pick off both bosses, I could use some advice on how to make that better. ... Maybe just make sand count as normal tiles.

No! Don't touch the sand! It's too much of the chapter's identity.

I guess some ideas could include: Plopping Pent onto the fort and changing his AI to stand still. Although, he will still probably move off the fort to use an Elixir since the AI in this game seems to be set-up to run away from enemies before using a healing item. Also, changing the levels, class, equipment of the enemies that start around him to be easier. Depends on how much of a boost enemies are getting. I dunno, I am less concerned about Pent and more about Jaffar.

Lyn's a ... something.

I won't lie, the first word to pop in my head was "Skank". LOL

What about turning Merlinus into a wagon, but nerfing his dodge so he can no longer just tank anything, like he tends to be able to near late midgame?

You should make him a level 20 Wagon but give him his level 1 Tent stats.

Also, Lyn's class should be "Xeld's Lover"

Well, with tougher enemies and the nerfs to handaxes/tomahawks/spears/shortspears/javelins I forgot to mention in the OP, I figure they'll come in some use. Boosting Wil's base speed by one, I guess? I mean, he is level two.

try increasing his base str a lot and cutting the growth

Wil now has 10/40 strength, Rebecca just got a flat increase of +1 strength. Again, this is all liable to change in playtesting.

Edited by Furetchen

Well, at least the archers got con increases to deal with it better. Also boosting Wil's level purely on the basis that I'm having trouble justifying a 10-strength second level archer.

So far, I think you've balanced FE7 pretty well. Although I have to ask why you decided to decrease Wil's strength growth to 40% (even if in the long run it probably won't matter all that much)? Aside from that, I don't really have any complaints.

Just make Wil a new mug where you place his head on Hawkeye's body - now huge strength base and growths are totally justifiable.

So far, I think you've balanced FE7 pretty well. Although I have to ask why you decided to decrease Wil's strength growth to 40% (even if in the long run it probably won't matter all that much)? Aside from that, I don't really have any complaints.

Well if he boosted his base to 10

40 is plenty

he'll end up similar and his averages aren't bad originally but his start will be better.

Well if he boosted his base to 10

40 is plenty

he'll end up similar and his averages aren't bad originally but his start will be better.

I guess so. I was just wondering because Rebecca's speed is still 60, making her the faster archer, but Wil got his strength growth nerfed. Anyway, whatever, I was just wondering.

Well, that much is true, I guess. It's not really big concern, I was just wondering, but if it works I have no complaints.

I think for Wil and Rebecca you could do something like this

Give Wil enough base strength for him to generally 2HKO, but with mediocre speed (and good con for Steel Bows and Braves), while Rebecca has enough base speed to generally double everything, but with mediocre strength.

As for Nino, I like that she joins at level 10, but do you think you could give her instant C Staffs on promo too?

Edited by Psycho Silver

I think you should change the shortbow a bit. For example giving it 4WEXP instead of 2, it would help raise the Archer's weapon ranks quicker and so classes like Warriors so Bartre and Dorcas can reach a reasonable weapon rank in it. Since it usually takes lot longer for Bow users to increase their rank compared to the other weapons.

try increasing his base str a lot and cutting the growth

I trust dondon more than I trust either of us; then again he could've just been saying the original 60% strength growth's increase of 10% was largely pointless, and to go back to that. Anyway, playtesting will soon follow.

As for Nino, I like that she joins at level 10, but do you think you could give her instant C Staffs on promo too?

Give her Limstella's class upon promotion.

Did not know Limstella's was good for anything besides base Con. I shall do this, and thank you for the suggestion/easy solution respectively.