Rate the Unit Day 3: Evayl

Psych

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity, which where then copied from the FE10 ratings)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get home from school, between 1500 and 1600 EST.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a warp staff" or any other justification as an argument.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

- Scrolls have no impact on a unit's rating. Just because Marty can become awesome with scrolls does not mean his score should go up.

- Warp skipping has an impact on scores in so far as "Safy has an high base staff rank". Nanna would score lower than Safy because of her lower rank, but no chapter is explicitly said to be skipped. You can't get Warp and then suddenly say every character after doesn't exist or requires turns to recruit. Something could be said of Xavier, or Conomore/Amalda who are in an escape chapter where Leaf starts next to the escape point.

Leaf: 8.18

Fin: 9.06

Evayl 5.5/10

You're Jeigan and pretty necessary when you first have her. Will probably be doing a lot more than Fin or Dagda due to higher speed and Fin being slowed down by sand/WTD/indoors. Helps protect Nanna, but you still have to be careful since she can die there and getting her back later just kills her. Too underleveled and just sucky compared to your other units. It's probably less hassle to just fight Funf too. But when she is useful, she's a beast.

Evayl 5.5/10

Your Jeigan and pretty necessary when you first have her. Will probably be doing a lot more than Fin or Dagda due to higher speed and Fin being slowed down by sand/WTD/indoors. Helps protect Nanna, but you still have to be careful since she can die there and getting her back later just kills her. Too underleveled and just sucky compared to your other units. It's probably less hassle to just fight Funf too. But when she is useful, she's a beast.

Why can't people fucking get this right?

As for the actual rating, pretty much the same but 5/10 including a point of bias. It's a shame she's not around more

Literally an unkillable goddess for the first few chapters, Eyvel disappears until the very end when she comes back in one of the most skipped chapters of the game.

She can be used as Leaf's popemobile in the first few chapters and still kill shit, doesn't mind bosses thanks to her Flame Sword ignoring their defense boost and her huge movement makes her great in being able to get Chapter 3's chests intact while also capturing the Bishop for a few extra goodies. Then she shields Nanna from harm, killing attackers or weakening them for Nanna to kill with the Earth Sword for delicious experience.

Then she comes back in chapter 24x. She still has monstrous skill, speed and movement, but she won't appreciate fighting Dark Mages that may either poison her, snipe her away at a distance or get her HP to one (as if getting hit with Yotsmung didn't bring her to single digit HP already). And I'm not even talking about other statuses (Snipers, Mercs), autocrit on counter (Berserkers, less of an issue since they have Devil Axes though) or getting doubled (Master Armors).

She still offers a leadership star, but you'd have to be pretty desperate to deploy her in the final chapter, and if you were desperate enough, I don't know why you'd go to 24x in the first place.

Goddess for 5 chapters, frail non-staff utility at best for 2, unexistant for the rest.

I'll take a shot at a 5/10.

Edited by Dio

7/10 I think the chapters where she does matter should really be taken into account. She can't capture many of the enemies, but her bosskilling is unmatched before she's gone. There's nothing she can't ORKO - seriously, what's the chance that she fails to proc both the crit and Continue?

Must've been my imagination then. I recall her piercing defensive enemies with an Iron Blade all the time on all of my runs. Continue + high skill probably does this, though not nearly as reliably as I thought (unless you grab Shiva's Killing Edge on the first gaiden map).

No point in using her, the chapters she's in are so easy that you want to spend your time getting your weaker guys experience for when the game gets more difficult. And if you really do need someone to Jeigan in those chapters, you got Dagda.

Then of course she comes back and is laughable.

2/10

She is helpful, but not necessary as a Jeigan figure in the first handful of chapters (you have Dagda and Fin, and Othin/Halvan are no slouches themselves). Very useful though, because it is impossible for her to die which means she can just run around doing whatever she likes with no regard for her own safety; nice for stealing from Shiva in 2x if you're ballsy, so long as she doesn't kill him.

Then she disappears for basically forever, is a huge pain in the ass to re-recruit, and isn't even particularly useful in the map and a third you have her back for. Sure, she's fast. Lots of your characters will be fast by that point, and they'll do a lot more damage than her. Plus she won't be immortal anymore. They might as well have just let her be.

By comparison, Fin will be back after Manster and Dagda not too long thereafter, and then they both stick around for the rest of the game. If you invest anything in her, it's not likely to ever pay off. Invest in Fin/Dagda, and at least they'll be around to make use of what you gave them.

3.5/10 + 1 for being actually seriously no-shittin' invincible in the first few chapters for 4.5/10.

She's literally unkillable, and she can pretty much solo the first four maps. However, she disappears for nearly 80% of the game and when you finally get her back she's completely useless. Not to mention, if you do want her back you have to access the most annoying map in the entire series.

4/10

Invincible for the first 5 chapters, then become absent on your team for about 90% of the game. By the time you'll get her back at Chapter 24x, she'll be useless. I think she's still invincible on 24x, IIRC, She got hit by a dark magic and got poisoned, When she's left with 1HP she got cured from a poison status on the next turn. but I'm not quite sure about it.

6.5/10 including bias point cause I like her.

4/10 - She's essential (and unkillable) for the Ch1-3, but she goes MIA for a huge majority of the game. By the time she comes back, she sucks.

But I like her character, so I will give her a +1 bias point, bringing it up to 5/10

She is an awesome boss killer at the start and also invincible, and is solely responsible for keeping Nanna alive. Too bad her usefulness runs out after this, but her availability at the end barely counts for anything, to be honest. She hits where and when it matters. 6/10

She is good for the first few chapters but then disappears for a good 75% of the game and is a pain to get her back (I hate ch 24x if I don't have save states). Her only purpose is to quickly kill the bosses in the beginning, but you can do it without her, you just need a lot more patience and luck.

4/10

You don't really have much choice with Briggid. You're either forced to use her or not allowed to use her. It's too bad we can't send Ronan in her place.

4/10

For being available for such a short time she would get a 6 from me if she were available more. Since she's not.

4.5/10

And to unravel her usefulness for the final chapter give her Luna skill if u have it. Otherwise...stat up items. These are the only ways that she will be any good upon her return.

Edited by リンダ