CCMRCSGWNR3:FFDH Game Thread

Haze

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds pretty ominous.

Not sure if I want to waste one of my precious SMSs claiming to someone who isn't clear while probably gaining nothing from it.

Meh forget it. Here's the deal straight out.

I'm not sure what my night action does. It 'might' cure you of your degraded role, but it isn't guaranteed to succeed. :S

Other Potential Scum:

I don't follow the Kaoz and Kay wagon enough to feel comfortable voting for either of them. If someone could explain to me in a bit simpler way what exactly they did, I can probably be swayed to vote for one of them.

Cool, I guess I really haven't said anything about Kay, have I Eclipse? Nothing at all.

Well, other than expressing my lack of understanding of the Kay-wagon. I had a better understanding and explaination for Shinori than I did for Kay. I didn't want to post dumb logic about something I didn't fully understand, then hop on the wagon basically crying sheep.

That being said, their investigative role is out, and I extremely doubt that they have another. I still suspect Shinori and Iris, but I'm growing more and more suspicious of Bal. And I still don't fully understand Kaoz's scumtell as much as the rest of you, but I'm not open to denying his scumminess. I'm not open to deny anyone's potential scumminess.

Hrm. Ok, should I claim to you right now or would you prefer I not?

If you feel comfortable doing it, I won't stop you, but I don't really see why.

...but, you don't know what your ability does? That sounds... ...interesting.

Well, feel free to target me tonight if you feel it might help. Not like I have a whole lot to lose.

Okay, I am caught up and the rest of my weekend is free.

1. Blitz's claim: I believe it. Let me try and collect what we know in one place.

Eclipse is Prims.

Dead people's stuff.

Strawman is Proto. Almost 100% town.

I'm Blitz, Town Wizard.

Blitz is Levity, Town Lover (Martyr).

I got an innocent on Rein.

Iris is Rein, Town Miller Governor.

Anouleth is Day Vig, but since got downgraded and will die if he uses his role.

Raymond got downgraded.

Marth might be able to help Raymond.

I believe there were a few other character claims, but I can't remember them.

2. Going by Kay's lynch, I'm leaning towards shifting the focus from Kaoz or Shinori tomorrow. I think we should take a look at some of the other players pending Night Action results.

If anyone else would like to claim to me/claim information to me then that would be just fine

I know four roles

also, Slayer, don't get pushy, please. Marth is looking more town than you are

I'm not trying to be pushy, its only that it seems he has tried to get people to claim to him for a while. I may have forgotten just how many times though and i may be exaggerating.

Cool, I guess I really haven't said anything about Kay, have I Eclipse? Nothing at all.

Well, other than expressing my lack of understanding of the Kay-wagon. I had a better understanding and explaination for Shinori than I did for Kay. I didn't want to post dumb logic about something I didn't fully understand, then hop on the wagon basically crying sheep.

That being said, their investigative role is out, and I extremely doubt that they have another. I still suspect Shinori and Iris, but I'm growing more and more suspicious of Bal. And I still don't fully understand Kaoz's scumtell as much as the rest of you, but I'm not open to denying his scumminess. I'm not open to deny anyone's potential scumminess.

There was a shitstorm over it. All you said was "not seeing it". I'm still not fully buying that you're town; at least Raymond was willing to do something about Kay's lynch, if necessary.

elieson could you claim to me or is that too much trouble

i'm kind of concerned about you

Unless you're the town doctor-cop-vig-with-a-side-of-safeguard, you want lynches to go through. Your corpse is information, and the way people interacted with you will help determine what side they're on.

Nonsense. Living Town >>>>> Dead Town. Information is important but not the end all be all. People can still look back at your interactions and whatnot if/when you die later on (and they'll be even more meaningful since you had them for longer).

I hope we can agree that self-voting, or in other words pushing yourself closer to the lynch, is anti-town. Not voting in that situation is basically the same thing. When you get down to it, the amount of remaining town, mafia and third party players determines how the game ends, information is just a means to influence those numbers in your favour. Letting yourself get lynched is actively damaging whichever side you're on.

@KAOZ: Thanks for showing up Kaoz, but mind letting us all know your thoughts? I'd be very interested in seeing your answers to these questions. >:3 Gotta test the guilty.

1. Why are you a bad lynch target for D3?

2. What are your thoughts on the other people that had votes on them?

3. Any other odd behaviors/things of note you noticed?

I'm also kind of worried that Elieson didn't understand the Kay or Kaoz wagons, but whatever. Oh, and Elieson, I do hope that if I somehow manage to die before Shinori (and since I will turn up town), you won't be like "OH IRIS IS TOWN, SHINORI IS AUTOTOWN". KTHX.

This night is so long. ):

Nonsense. Living Town >>>>> Dead Town. Information is important but not the end all be all. People can still look back at your interactions and whatnot if/when you die later on (and they'll be even more meaningful since you had them for longer).

I hope we can agree that self-voting, or in other words pushing yourself closer to the lynch, is anti-town. Not voting in that situation is basically the same thing. When you get down to it, the amount of remaining town, mafia and third party players determines how the game ends, information is just a means to influence those numbers in your favour. Letting yourself get lynched is actively damaging whichever side you're on.

By that logic, town should NL until something better comes up; after all, one can't mislynch if there's no lynch to begin with, and it'll save an innocent townie from being lynched~! That's horrible logic, and we both know that.

The greatest contribution one can do, as town, is to give the town as much information as possible, whether it be by talking, voting, posting opinions, or dying. Unless your role is town and really good (doc, cop, tracker/watcher, some overpowered custom role, etc.), the town will live on without you, and any properly-balanced game will allow for more than one mislynch. Tying the lynch solely to save yourself is scummy, because the only thing the town learns is speculation. Thanks to the D1 NL and N1 mass hook, the town has far less information than it should at the end of D2. It's thanks to Kay's flip that I have better opinions on people, and I'm feeling the case against Shinori a little less, thanks to her.

Good townies don't get lynched; better ones make their own lynch an asset to the town.

After Memorial Day weekend is over, I hope that things will have quieted down on the homefront and I can kick things into higher gear again. Until then, Bizz, you are now being sent my claim, since you're next on the collection list from what it seems.

You can always send the claims to me, even though all I publicly verified was my role name :P:

It's an interesting experience. Glad I'm not the one in charge of it!

2. Going by Kay's lynch, I'm leaning towards shifting the focus from Kaoz or Shinori tomorrow. I think we should take a look at some of the other players pending Night Action results.

uh, I'm thinking Kaoz should definitely be lynched tomorrow. Looking for scum in other places can be useful but we have a decent amount of potential clears plus a good list of possible scum that we need to take advantage of now instead of later.

Also, this is probably late now but knowing Marth's claim, what he said to Raymond is not suspicious at all and is completely understandable :)

Also, this is probably late now but knowing Marth's claim, what he said to Raymond is not suspicious at all and is completely understandable :)

Alright.

Bizz, I can claim to you, if you'd prefer. Though I don't know how to send an SMS, only a PM through the messenger system here. (Unless that's the same thing).