Mystery of Paris.

Yes but this connection comes out of nowhere. There's no reason that paris should be the holy king and even less that he is both Ike and the holy king. While this is all speculation, it seems to me that the assumption that Paris is Ike or the holy king has gone too far. There's really little reason he should be either.

No, it doesn't. Paris is a character in search of a purpose, in a position only taken by the most plot-important characters. The Holy King, meanwhile, is a character who is referenced often yet is as of yet completely underrepresented in FE13: we know way too little about him. Think back to FE1/3 where we knew Anri's name, FE4/5 where we knew the Crusaders' names, FE6/7 where we knew the names of the Heroes of the Scouring, FE8, FE9/10... we've always known the names and heard detailed tales of the heroes that came before. The Holy King takes a corresponding role, but we know less, not so much as a name. For a game that explains so much, that doesn't fit.

Actually, my personal theory is that Nagi is Naga as we know her, but she has some power and memory loss because you woke her up too early. When you you meet her she says "Take me with you. I must... finish what I started...I think. I must fight with you." And if she fights Medeus he says "Hmm?... So I am not the only dragon revived. I had heard you perished the last time. No matter; you've recovered even less of your power than me. This time, you have no chance!". Basically, people thought she died, but she was actually asleep, recovering.

Hmm.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will Paris become available as a download?

Actually, seeing Stefan in your sig...

Are we sure Paris isn't just gained by sending a character to some random unimportant corner of the map with no prompt?

Edited by deuxhero

Actually, seeing Stefan in your sig...

Are we sure Paris isn't just gained by sending a character to some random unimportant corner of the map with no prompt?

Yes, we are.

There are four sidesuests that have yet to be released. There are also four main story characters that have yet to be released, and Paris joins the last of all of them, setting his joining time as sometime in the presently unreleased S23.

Now, we don't know how he'll join in that map, but we know that that is the map where he joins, a map that exists specifically for him to join.

Edited by Othin

It's a stretch, sure, but what do you expect when we have next to no information on the Holy King of Iris outside a single support conversation.

I would expect for people not to think paris is some character only mentioned in a few lines. Why would they choose for paris to be some random character barely mentioned? Either he would be given more of a backstory, or else is someone else entirely. But I'm confused, how often is the first king mentioned? According to othin it seems like he is mentioned quite a bit.

No, it doesn't. Paris is a character in search of a purpose, in a position only taken by the most plot-important characters. The Holy King, meanwhile, is a character who is referenced often yet is as of yet completely underrepresented in FE13: we know way too little about him. Think back to FE1/3 where we knew Anri's name, FE4/5 where we knew the Crusaders' names, FE6/7 where we knew the names of the Heroes of the Scouring, FE8, FE9/10... we've always known the names and heard detailed tales of the heroes that came before. The Holy King takes a corresponding role, but we know less, not so much as a name. For a game that explains so much, that doesn't fit.

Hmm.

Is the bolded part in reference to his name in the credits? I'm confused by that line. Anyways, there's no reason the holy king needs to be explained. If i remember correctly the first king of Akaneia is pretty important character in FE3 but is never named, while plenty of other characters are. And clearly, there are things meant to be left unexplained in FE13, like the mention of laguz like creatures.

I'm referring to Paris's existence as a main-story SpotPass character in general, like Gangrel and Inverse.

Then I don't see how being the holy king would make any more sense. As you said all those characters are already important plot characters but its too late for paris to fill that position. I don't know how being a random character mentioned in the plot a few times is going to make any more sense. But honestly, whoever Paris turns out to be isn't going to make a whole lot of sense.

Then I don't see how being the holy king would make any more sense. As you said all those characters are already important plot characters but its too late for paris to fill that position. I don't know how being a random character mentioned in the plot a few times is going to make any more sense. But honestly, whoever Paris turns out to be isn't going to make a whole lot of sense.

Paris can't be someone important who appears personally within FE13's story, but the Holy King is the next most relevant thing.

He's mentioned more than a few times, and yet we're still left clueless as to who he really is. That sounds like the perfect setup for a character who will appear personally in some form to explain more.

Support list doesn't fit. He'd have a support with Lucina in that case, but he doesn't have that.

But Krom can't support Emelina and she can't support Liz and they're siblings. On top of that I thought Secret characters can only support MU.

Edited by Mageknight

But Krom can't support Emelina and she can't support Liz and they're siblings. On top of that I thought Secret characters can only support MU.

They can also support Mark in the case of parents/child supports. That's why he can't be Lukina's child, otherwise there'd be a parent/child support there with the way the generation system works here.

Edited by NeonZ

• 4 weeks later...

Am I the only one who thinks Paris might just be a hero with long hair? No one actually said it's a he or a she. Could be a long haired male too, though. Karel had long hair.

Heroes don't have shields. I'm pretty sure it's a new class or he's fused with a Great Lord or something.

Edit: I miiiiiiight want to retract that a bit. They do in older Fire Emblems, but I haven't seen them on heroes in this one.

Edit 2: I gotta stop staying up late. They do have shields in this one too. Ignore this.

Edited by Only My Unit