Brides. . . really?

but if she was summoned directly from her wedding, then it would at least make sense.

This. If Eirika really was summoned from her wedding, then most of my complaints would be for naught. If she's a Bride just because ... well, just because, then I'll be a little annoyed.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will really make or break my opinion for the Bride class would be in which Skills it brings along...

Holy Sword and Recover, of course

Somehow, I don't think so.

Your thinking is mistaken.

魔戦士

That's the class name. Try plugging it into Google Translate and looking through the possible translations listed.

Edited by Othin

I hope Bride gets something good. Swords (if Eirika doesn't wield swords...) Bows Staves is nice, but how about a critical plus or Lethality (Eirikas insanely unhappy cause she got tore away from her wedding to fight a war) or a new Cry skill. I expect she'd have Secluded Lady, but if so, it does kinda stink of UFs. I dunno.

Demon Fighter as a class had two new, overpowered skills. I suspect we'll see the same story here, except focusing on support. So I'm thinking LV1 will be like Charisma, but with an effect 4-5x stronger, like we saw with Demon Fighter's Resistance +10 skill compared to the original Resistance +2. The LV15 skill will probably be some sort of Cry skill, but as we saw with Quick Strike, taken to absurd proportions. We already have Rainbow Cry, but I bet they'll come up with something new and effective, even if it's not really original either.

Edited by Othin

This makes no sense. There are numerous class names that give no indication of what the class is capable of doing. Mercenary, hero, myrmidon, fighter, and warrior are some prime examples of extremely vague class names. I'd say even "Demon Fighter" is pretty vague. Is it a character who fights demons, or is it a character who fights using demonic powers?

I get what you're trying to say, I really am, but I think you're talking apples and oranges. I can stretch my disbelief that a warrior is any different than a fighter or soldier, because at the very least, they are defined in world. I don't remember many brides being able to battle, let alone in their overpriced garments.

Also, I think you'll have to have a debate on the naming of demon fighter with someone who can actually make the argument that they do, in fact, have demonic powers lol

otherwise, it's obvious what they do, not what they are capable of in combat.

lol girls suck

gonna hope that's sarcasm. . .

Well, look at it this way, how badass is it that a girl in a frilly dress is stabbing fools in the face

Maybe they should've called the class magical girl or something, though...

Edited by Mysterique Sign

So, men get Demon Fighter, and women get Bride? Why not give them Schoolgirl or Pole Dancer too while they're at it?

Well, look at it this way, how badass is it that a girl in a frilly dress is stabbing fools in the face

Less badass than a girl in armour or some practical clothing. like what her brother is wearing.

Edited by Anouleth

You'd think someone with a pony avatar would be a little more open to an ironic appreciation.

This, come on guys. It's the men who're being left out in the cold here, all they get is a silly wannabe ninja class while the ladies get to deck it out in a gorgeous battle gown.

But seriously, I don't see the problem. As far as the class goes, it's interesting, it's original, what more could you possibly want?

So, men get Demon Fighter, and women get Bride? Why not give them Schoolgirl or Pole Dancer too while they're at it?

Shame on you for immediately fetishizing a pure bride. Who's the real sexist here?

Edited by Striped Shirt

Less badass than a girl in armour or some practical clothing. like what her brother is wearing.

Anyone could look badass in armor, only a real badass could be badass in a dress

But seriously, I don't see the problem. As far as the class goes, it's interesting, it's original, what more could you possibly want?

But other people do see a problem. Some people are going to have a problem with the "Bride" class, others aren't. But most people who have an issue with the class do have valid reasons, and they're aren't throwing hissy fits and being brats about it from what I can tell.

This topic :/

I doubt she'll get to use Swords again. Bow and Staff would be interesting. If they cannot heal, at least they can do something during player phase.

You'd think someone with a pony avatar would be a little more open to an ironic appreciation.

This, come on guys. It's the men who're being left out in the cold here, all they get is a silly wannabe ninja class while the ladies get to deck it out in a gorgeous battle gown.

That's not a battle gown. It's a wedding dress. What, precisely, about it is suitable to battle?

For the class to not be ridiculous. We could have a Janitor class or a Ballerina class, and that would be original and probably interesting (to idiots), but those classes are also ridiculous.

Shame on you for immediately fetishizing a pure bride. Who's the real sexist here?

As a homosexual, I am the least likely person to fetishize Eirika, but you must admit that Pole Dancer and Schoolgirl are original classes, and I'm sure I could scrape some subhumans off the floors of TvTropes' basement who think they're interesting too.

But most people who have an issue with the class do have valid reasons, and they're aren't throwing hissy fits and being brats about it from what I can tell.

Depends on what you'd consider a hissy fit; by my standards I've seen quite a few. At least the people with the valid complaints are open to discussion about it, rather than just comparing a wedding dress to lingerie and disregarding all contrary opinions.

That's not a battle gown. It's a wedding dress. What, precisely, about it is suitable to battle?

Semantics. She's wearing it to battle, it's a battle gown.

but you must admit that Pole Dancer and Schoolgirl are original classes

We already have a Dancer, you don't think Olivia knows her way around a pole?

Edited by Striped Shirt

Likes Ponies = must be willing to see a woman fight in a dress that most women can barely walk in, let alone fight in

y'know, the recent season finale had the mane six in bridal dresses. . . they took them off to actually fight (and yes, fight, Power Puff Girls style)

everything is a fetish. . . that's life, but don't tell me they gave the female classes bride for any other reason than their gender. . . It's not sexism, it's stupidity

Anyone who thinks the Bride class can't be awesome blatantly hasn't watched Kill Bill.

Watched and enjoyed. . . she didn't always fight in a wedding dress by the way. In fact, I barely remember the parts when she did. . . at all.

that might have been for the obvious reason that they are hard for action movies to have their lead actors perform in. . . 'cuz they restrict a shit ton of movement.

If you want to see a "fantasy" version of Kill Bill, look at Chie's base persona from Persona 4 lol

anyway, being a bride does not make you a capable fighter

being a capable fighter does, and it helps to not wear clothes that make it hard to bend

Edited by StrategistPockystix

For the class to not be ridiculous. We could have a Janitor class or a Ballerina class, and that would be original and probably interesting (to idiots), but those classes are also ridiculous.

Are you kidding? If there was a Janitor class, I'd reclass every single one of my units to it and never look back.

Likes Ponies = must be willing to see a woman fight in a dress that most women can barely walk in, let alone fight in

y'know, the recent season finale had the mane six in bridal dresses. . . they took them off to actually fight (and yes, fight, Power Puff Girls style)

everything is a fetish. . . that's life, but don't tell me they gave the female classes bride for any other reason than their gender. . . It's not sexism, it's stupidity

Watched and enjoyed. . . she didn't always fight in a wedding dress by the way. In fact, I barely remember the parts when she did. . . at all.

that might have been for the obvious reason that they are hard for action movies to have their lead actors perform in. . . 'cuz they restrict a shit ton of movement.

If you want to see a "fantasy" version of Kill Bill, look at Chie's base persona from Persona 4 lol

anyway, being a bride does not make you a capable fighter

being a capable fighter does

Being a Lord doesn't always make you a capable fighter either, but nobody complained about that. I admit it's a tad silly, but no less so (if you think about it), than a 'Prince', 'Lord' or 'Villager' class. These are titles, or statuses, and don't encompass the whole of the person.

The dress is just impractical though. Then again, so is what half of what everyones wearing in this game.

I doubt she'll get to use Swords again. Bow and Staff would be interesting. If they cannot heal, at least they can do something during player phase.

I think swords are pretty likely. Even disregarding Eirika's original weapons completely, she's certainly not getting axes or lances which would look even stranger with that dress - axes also would make it resemble Battle Cleric too much. So, it's between swords and tomes for the third weapon and swords/staffs seems like a more unique combination than staffs/tomes.

Edited by NeonZ

Her class is called bride and she's in a wedding dress, I don't think it's a stretch to say that's the point of the class.