Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Ether

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad = Paperblade = Papermole = Moleblade = Town Mayor = worst flavor writer ever = etc.

This reminds me, I saw a list of everyone's nickname in the forum somewhere, but can't find it anymore. Do you remember which thread it is in?

So, let's say theoretically Haze used his mass lightning rod thing. Assuming Marth used his lightning rod as well, wouldn't that then cause all actions to target Marth? Since Marth's lightning rod would be forced to target Haze, which would then result in all the actions that target Haze targeting Marth instead.

Marth redirects the target's actions onto himself, not the actions that target the target. Or at least that's my interpretation.

So, let's say theoretically Haze used his mass lightning rod thing. Assuming Marth used his lightning rod as well, wouldn't that then cause all actions to target Marth? Since Marth's lightning rod would be forced to target Haze, which would then result in all the actions that target Haze targeting Marth instead.

Dunno, since Haze doesn't have a definite 'target', maybe it doesn't get redirected to me?

The crowd gathered around the Egyptian, and sensing things were going very wrong she activated her thought partitions. If there was a way out of this situation she would need all of her brain's processing power to find it. Alas, however, there were too many of them, and while she could attempt to use her Etherlite, that alone wouldn't be enough to reverse the tide. There was a short struggle, but as the sun set, Sion was hanging from a noose made from her own monofilament weapon, after they'd wrested it away from her.

Kay was lynched! She was:

Dear Kay, you are Sion Eltnam Atlasia

Sion_mbaa.png

You are an Alchemist from the ATLAS organization.

You possess the Etherlite monofiliment. You can use the Etherlite to connect to the bodies of the fallen, and access the memories of the final moments before death. During the night, you may reply "Night X - Access <USER>'s memory with Etherlite". USER must have been killed at night. You will find out whether anyone aside from the killer visited USER on the night of their death, and if so, you will determine the names of all players that visited USER.

You are allied with the Town. You win if all threats to the Town are eliminated.

She may not have been able to get away, but the outcome must have all been within her calculations!

@Elieson- I went through a lot of possible fakeclaims I could have made, and the only thing I could be reasonably sure of would not get a counterclaim (other than my role) was some sort of custom role, which I was afraid people would find fishy. And getting lynched and taking another townie down with me was definitely not something I wanted to do. Additionally, if I had claimed any sort of active role, people would have asked me to out my results, or who I had targeted, and then I would have had to make up more fake information that would have just screwed up people's plans.

Also, Marth, if you thought that the tie would get a randomlynch, why wasn't that the first thing that you said? Why did you first defend your actions by arguing the merits of a nolynch?

Also, Marth, if you thought that the tie would get a randomlynch, why wasn't that the first thing that you said? Why did you first defend your actions by arguing the merits of a nolynch?

I'm pretty sure he didn't.

Uh, sorry, not my fault you guys were hell bent on mislynching. I never wanted to vote kay/BBM, but apparently even when we claim, you guys were hell bent on lynching one of the three of us. Also since Paper said Kay's role could be a fakeclaim, I decided to vote for her. And before you say we could have had a no-lynch, the scenario wasn't as such at all. Let's look at one minute before: Oh hey, I'm gonna get lynched. Also iris, why do you care about ties, one of us was gonna get lynched anyway.

He pretty clearly here thought that one of them was going to get lynched, he just wanted the 50:50 chance that it might be Kay instead.

@Elieson- I went through a lot of possible fakeclaims I could have made, and the only thing I could be reasonably sure of would not get a counterclaim (other than my role) was some sort of custom role, which I was afraid people would find fishy. And getting lynched and taking another townie down with me was definitely not something I wanted to do. Additionally, if I had claimed any sort of active role, people would have asked me to out my results, or who I had targeted, and then I would have had to make up more fake information that would have just screwed up people's plans.

But, if you are trying to get attention on you for a NK, then probably a more softclaimed PR towards the end of the day phase would've gotten more attention your way. Granted, I understand your point on not wanting to draw too much attention to yourself during the dayphase, because your Lynch Counter-kill would essentially be randomly aimed at a town/scum/ips (if there is one, eclIPSe).

But, why worry about outing your results on D1? I mean...if you claimed DayVig or something, then you'd be center attention for scum to take you out, as the current most threatening role announced at this point. And obviously, as DayVig, you'd be able to say "Hey, I have an active role, and didn't target anyone, because there's no one best target at this moment" or something, pretty damn easily.

This is what I mean about you. Your gears are turning, but it's just so frustratingly confusing to you, and others.

And before you say "I considered that, and thought it might be too predictable and scummy of a choice", think about what we have today so far. We have a PGO, a LR (well, 2, kinda), and you and a dead Coroner. Apparently consideration for every claimed role atm is Obv!Town one way or another, and you had many other options, and thought about it for about half of D1.

This being said, I dunno if I trust your claim at this point, even moreso than before, and I suspect that if you were on a team with any form of competent partners, you'd have been led to come up with something like this, in hopes of drawing attention to yourself for some sort of other goal. I can't quite think of what, (and TBH, I'm basing this off of what happened in XXXXX:FFDH), but it's not out of the question.

That seemed really pissy, I apologize. The water at my house was shut off, and they haven't come to turn it back on yet, so I'm kind of on edge right now.

Talk about timing, the city crew just came and took care of it. Just in time for me to shower and get ready for work.

Elieson is happy now~

@Scorri- This is the post I'm talking about. And this was his very first post after people started harping on him for switching his vote at the very last second. Why not say right away, "Sorry, I thought it was a randomlynch"? Why start talking about how nolynches can be beneficial? Doesn't make sense.

However in this situation no-lynch could have been sensible. For starters we could assess the vote patterns and get an idea who's scum(and yeah it works against me this game). And yes it may not help 'as much' as a lynch which confirms alignment, but at least we don't lose an extra townie. I'm not saying we should no-lynch, but I do think we've got quite the bit of info. Anyway, I want to save myself, sorry, I'm not the type who goes 'hey I can't play this game anymore lynch me' especially when I know I'm being lynched for stupid reasons.

@Elieson- I thought of DayVig. The problem with DayVig is how the mafia almost invariably operates on this forum, in like 4 or 5 games that I've read now. Instead of first killing claimed power roles, they roleblock or hinder them in some way, and then kill the big name players like Bizz first. Look at SFMM2. It was obvious from Day 1 that Psych had some sort of info/power role, and IIRC he claimed properly on either Day 2 or Day 3. They didn't kill him until Night 4, choosing to go for Prims, Bizz, and Raymond first. Look at that mini-mafia where you got randomlynched. Manix claimed Watcher, and then Rolecop, but he was never killed. The mafia chose to roleblock him the whole game instead. What if I'd claimed DayVig, and the mafia chose to kill someone like Bizz N1 instead? The town might have asked me to kill someone D2 for proof, which I wouldn't have been able to do, and then there would be a lot of suspicion on me. The mafia at that point would probably leave me alone in the hopes that the town would mislynch me.

On the note of screwing with power roles instead of killing them, look at Training Mafia (where I was kidnapped the entire game after getting interceptor lynched D1. I was rolecop), and at Schoolgirl Mafia, where we kept Bal (the Watcher) alive because we could mess with his results and maybe force a mislynch of a misleading result.

And that's really all I have to say right now.

@Elieson- I thought of DayVig. The problem with DayVig is how the mafia almost invariably operates on this forum, in like 4 or 5 games that I've read now. Instead of first killing claimed power roles, they roleblock or hinder them in some way, and then kill the big name players like Bizz first. Look at SFMM2. It was obvious from Day 1 that Psych had some sort of info/power role, and IIRC he claimed properly on either Day 2 or Day 3. They didn't kill him until Night 4, choosing to go for Prims, Bizz, and Raymond first. Look at that mini-mafia where you got randomlynched. Manix claimed Watcher, and then Rolecop, but he was never killed. The mafia chose to roleblock him the whole game instead. What if I'd claimed DayVig, and the mafia chose to kill someone like Bizz N1 instead? The town might have asked me to kill someone D2 for proof, which I wouldn't have been able to do, and then there would be a lot of suspicion on me. The mafia at that point would probably leave me alone in the hopes that the town would mislynch me.

Namekilling is a bad idea since

A. It discourages people who are perceived as good from playing.

B. Good players are no more likely to have a powerful role than anyone else (unless roles are not randomized, but when playing you have no way of knowing that)

Also Psych living was a horrible mistake on the part of the mafia imo. I would kill someone if I thought they had a strong role and wouldn't be protected. That last bit is important because most of the time that someone with a good role gets hooked instead of killed is because they outed and the mafia thinks they have doc protection (or in the case of games like OC Training, the mafia needs to keep up a facade). But, for example, in Bizarro, StSS softclaimed an info role D1 and so we had him killed N1, which was nice since he was Watcher (then everything else went to shit because fuck you Rein).

Gah, so many posts to catch up on. I'm not happy with Marth right now. He nearly caused a tie at the last minute, then got Kay lynched, and now his arguments against Manix seemed really defensive and filled with bad logic.

except that I thought that a tie would result in a random lynch between Kay and I

BBM pointed out the flip-flopping here already; in Marth's first reaction to Manix he focused on justifying a no lynch, and did NOT say he thought it would be randlynch. This feels to me like Marth realized he couldn't win the no lynch argument and so he switched tactics.

Then you should be happy Kay died. We got some info. Why do you care whether its me or Kay?

This seems like deliberately missing the point. Just because no lynch is bad doesn't mean lynching a strong role is good, particularly when you were a) scummier and b) claimed a weaker role.

.No I didn't want Kay gone at all.

You voted for her. Acknowledge your actions and explain them. This extreme defensiveness does not look good.

What bothers me the most, though, is this:

I voted her that late in the phase because, I dunno, Paper said she could be fakeclaiming?

1. that is not what you said when you voted for her.

##Unvote

##Vote: Kay

This is for my best interests.

No mention of Paperblade, or in fact any suspicion that Kay was scum. I don't like that you're coming up with reasoning after the fact and denying the pretty obvious motive you originally had (in this case, saving yourself).

2. this is the second time you've justified your actions by pointing to Paperblade. First you told Eclipse your behavior wasn't scummy because Paperblade was doing something similar, now you say you voted because Paper said to, basically.

I actually have two issues with this second point. First, I want to see your OWN reasoning for your vote. I already know that Paperblade thought her role was OP, I want to know what YOU thought and why. Hiding behind Paperblade's opinions looks to me like a way to avoid putting your own thinking out there and thus being able to claim it wasn't your fault you were wrong.

Second, why are you buddying up to Paperblade so much? This looks quite strange to me, and scummy as well.

I voted for you D1 only because you were the scummiest of the three wagons, not because I thought you were the scummiest play overall. After seeing all this, though, I'm looking at you as a good target for D2. Please get some better reasoning out there.

Other quick thoughts:

But i retract my bullet on manix and add to it, this breadcrumb of a softclaim.

Please let's not make any more claims this early unless you have results you need to share or need to warn us about a possible danger like with a PGO.

BBM's softclaim was a bit clumsy but I see his reasoning now and I understand why he was so desperate not to get lynched, what with being a random lynchbomb. I see that Paperblade finds a PGO and a nightbomb in the same game to be weird...are the roles really that similar?

Also, Haze: I'm a bit confused about how your one-shot ability works. Is it a roleblock like Marth was calling it, or do everybody's abilities have their effect on you?