rom hacking forum: the dimwit saga

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's funny and a good read (moreso the image are great), I don't find it cool that people fly off the handle at what may or may not be a trolling attempt. Chill, kids. Kick back and drink a beer. Let morons be morons. They'll learn one day - and while they are learning, enjoy the spectacle. Don't get annoyed.

Beer? You want me to chill out with a beer? You're an insensitive clod, a drunken sod, and smell like cod!

Sorry, couldn't resist! I prefer a halfhearted assist attempt, and then gauge the person's reaction off of that. If someone's shooting their mouth off, they already look stupid; no need to stoop to their level and look stupid with them.

My opinion is this: sometimes, you need to tell someone who's just ... well, being ridiculous, that they are being ridiculous. Like when he ridiculously flamed Crash for no apparent reason without even looking past the first page, in the exact same manner he was complaining that other people were treating him in. And even then, there's really no need to need to be condescending. Be firm, and tell him what he's doing wrong or why his behavior is ticking people off. Outright being a douche immediately to someone who's not very tactful at posting sometimes make you come off worse instead.

Oh, he's not just "not very tactful"

He's got history with many of the hackers we have of being a general nuisance and bothering the fuck out of Camcam, Arch, etc despite being politely told no so it's not the first time we're dealing with this guy.

Ah, I see. Well, I don't hang around the hacking section a lot so if you guys had history with him then I wouldn't know. For all I knew, all this could have happened in a void. :XD: But anyway ...

you should totally base a Character off of this guy and make him have supports with a character based of Furetchen.

and we let Furet write the script.

Furet is actually already ingame, as himself :D

Supports are all written by myself but they'll be awesome >:D

But, you can't capture the essence of Furet =(

Only Furet can.

Actually it's fairly simple.

Just act like someone who's on a high horse who thinks he's better than everyone and act like an asshole.

See? Simple. :Knoll:

Just act like someone who's on a high horse who thinks he's better than everyone and act like an asshole.

Hmm, my friend who owns horses said they can be pretty expensive to maintain.

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield

You forgot the violent mood swings.

... Do violent mood swings have to actually include moods of physical violence? I've been using the term all this time just to mean 'violently changing'.