Shining Force Mafia

Psych

If you have claimed to anyone what your role is, I want you to know who all you have claimed to. Make it simple respond to my PM the names of everyone you role claimed to in a small list form.

Haven't said nothing to no one.

If you were to lynch someone for info and info alone, who would you lynch?

You already decided who to lynch, but I can't really say anything since I have no info to choose someone to lynch based on that. There's always my meta reads if you want that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eclipse: I know that you're no longer voting me due to Shinori's plan, but do you mind explaining a little more why your vote was on me before. I reread the conversations with Elie, and don't really see what you mean? I mean, I can tell I was a pretty tired, but dunno what else you're seeing there.

Votals

SB [1]: Bizz

Marth [0]: Manix

Kay [0]: Helios, Lucina

Lucina [0]: Shinori, Elieson, Hika, Rapier

Hika [0]: Kay

Helios [0]: eclipse

scorri [0]: eclipse

Elieson [3]: Rapier, Lucina, Helios

##Unvote: SB

this is why I fucking hate town leaders.

Our power is out, by the way. I'll make quality posts as soon as it's back up.

eclipse: I know that you're no longer voting me due to Shinori's plan, but do you mind explaining a little more why your vote was on me before. I reread the conversations with Elie, and don't really see what you mean? I mean, I can tell I was a pretty tired, but dunno what else you're seeing there.

I didn't see the point in a Rapier lynch, which is what you were advocating. If you have a lynchproof claim, it's not a bad idea to test it early.

*shrug* Like I said at other points in the thread, at that point in time, I found Rapier more scummy than BBM. I have later admitted I might need to recalibrate my scumradar, but that was my view at that point in time.

*shrug* Like I said at other points in the thread, at that point in time, I found Rapier more scummy than BBM. I have later admitted I might need to recalibrate my scumradar, but that was my view at that point in time.

Not scumdar. Logic. Lynchproof usually means town, unless we hit bastard mod territory.

I guess, yeah. I see your point. And like I've said. I can admit I wasn't thinking that clearly.

That's something you'll have to carry through the game. The "good" thing about this is that you had a pretty strong opinion, so as people die, the survivors can hopefully read backwards and get a better idea of which side you're on.

(hint, hint)

I'm going to start up a series of posts reflecting my thoughts on N1 and what we have so far of D2. Watch out for the oncoming quote trains, and I apologize in advance for TL;DR posts. I'm at the coffeehouse right now and have limited time to share these things, unless of course we have power by the time I get back home.

Man, I really love you. You made a nice summary of the important stuff that happened on D1, and now I've been getting new reads from the other players. Marth and Scorri seem to be the most scummy ones in my opinion, but you and Bizz are one of the most townies to me now.

Marth should be investigated by the Cop. His buddying with BBM is too strange to be left out of notice. Scorri too, for knowing how it would turn out, before BBM was lynched (there's a chance it was purely coincidential, but I don't believe in this).

I liked Manix's post a lot, but you can't say it covered everything that happened on D1; it was mostly related to the suspicions on BBM, and his scumtells that were otherwise missed or ignored. That being said, I should probably trust my instincts more each time I see a post like this:

Shinori, you've basically just painted a target on yourself. You might not even have died otherwise... Also, if you hadn't asked for a cop claim, I'd be suspicious of this. Even then, I at least think you might be hiding some part of your role, because a townie role that actually helps the mafia more than the town is dubious.

The "TOWN ROLES SHOULD ONLY HELP TOWN" argument was incredibly dubious and really unusual. It's as if he simply pulled a reason to suspect Shinori out of his ass; there were other arguments he could used that would have seemed more plausible, such as the signature "but Shinori isn't clear, so we just have to be careful" that Proto used (and, in hindsight, considering his role, he had a good reason to be cautious). I mean, I supposed it could also have reflected his limited knowledge of the game as well (BBM hasn't played very many games yet, right?) but overall it was... odd. Plus, he was 'sowing the seeds of doubt' (which is what I was referring to when I stated that he was "scum doing that thing that scum always do), meaning that he was displaying false paranoia, attempting to cause disorder for other players as well. Obviously he (and possibly the rest of the mafia) was frightened at the prospect of a town leader and town orderliness, so he sprang into action at once in an attempt to tarnish Shinori's credibility.

SPEAKING OF POSTS THAT BOTHER ME:

(there's a chance it was purely coincidential, but I don't believe in this).

Oh, really? This part of your post really feels like you simply added it on to make your overall tone seem less like a tunnel and more like you're actually considering every possibility. /: It rubs me the wrong way and I don't like it.

You roleclaim to people you trust. Furthermore, you don't fakeclaim to the person who's vying for town leader, because things get messy if that person really is town. So. . .did you trust Shinori was town enough to claim? And if so, then why the hell were you going off the paranoid end?

As long as Aere claims truthfully to Shinori, though it's way too late for that now.

First part: He never said he fakeclaimed? At least, I don't remember where he said that, mentioned it, or even implied it. Why did you mention it, Eclipse? I didn't really find a reason for it in this context.

Furthermore, there's such thing as being paranoid but going with it anyway. It's what I did in SFMM2 when I claimed to Prims, although I will admit that I kept a lot of my suspicions regarding the 'masons' to myself for a great chunk of the game.

Second part: Pretty sure Aere did roleclaim truthfully. I'm unhappy that Proto's vig powers pretty much went to waste, to be honest, and I'm not agreeing with some of Shinori's decisions.

Rapier: I was saying that *if* it was a fakeclaim, the obvious result would be him dying if Shinori decided it would be a good idea to test his claim. And since, as shown yesterday, we didn't have a lot of major scum leads, the best option for Shinori to take was to test the fake claim. I voted for you because a) I found you more scummy, and b) there were enough people voting BBM to get a majority as it was. Now, looking back, if my head had been clearer I probably would have written a slightly better post, but as it was I was not in good shape and I did the best I could.

Beyond that, I'm looking at Marth for the vote buddying on Aere, and would like to here an explanation there.

First part: I'm a little wary of: "oh lol, BBM was scum! now that we have reached this revelation it might have been better if I voted him, huh?" If you flip scum, there's a higher chance that Rapier is town based on this interaction. Doesn't it just seem strange?

Second part: So you're suspicious of Marth for doing the same thing you did, despite it being in a different manner? The buddying, I mean. Rapier had stated that he was suspicious of the both of you for chumming it up with BBM, and you kind of shook it off here.

Also:

Also I think Marth has looked a little scummy so far based on his behavior this game. Not quite the same as his behavior in other games I've played with him.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Marth is scum? /:

helios, please stop being scummy

This was in relation to Helios supposedly giving away free information in OC, but I know now that this is false, and I apologize.

Ugh, I feel like I'm forgetting something, or missing something, or had better words for something and completely forgot them, etc...

Oh, yeah!

Speaking of which, Rapier, regarding the first quote: "you and Bizz are one of the most townies to me now." Suddenly you think I'm third-party? And if so, does this mean you, out of nowhere, consider me a threat? Interesting.

Not scumdar. Logic. Lynchproof usually means town, unless we hit bastard mod territory.

Logic
Logic

:omnomtangerine:

By the way, eclipse, even if the claim is townish doesn't mean he was clear. In fact, that was probably what he was going for when he claimed: it's WIFOM at work, and he probably didn't realize we would be daring enough to lynch him D1. It was a risk that I, at least, am glad that the town took. No one is 100% clear in mafia unless the moderator says so, after all.

Oh, yeah!

Speaking of which, Rapier, regarding the first quote: "you and Bizz are one of the most townies to me now." Suddenly you think I'm third-party? And if so, does this mean you, out of nowhere, consider me a threat? Interesting.

By townies I meant "the good guys", or "the ones who are not from the Mafia", or "the ones who don't want to kill me, then cook me and eat my meat with rice and ketchup" or idk something that guarantees you're not a threat to the Town and you're just living happily. I believe Manix is Town, and you're some sort of Third-Party Survivor-ish role.

I hope Elie really is Mafia, because we already have so many targets and he's the last one we'd think about lynching today. Marth, Lucina and Helios look much scummier than him.

... Couldn't the Cop just investigate him?