DLC (6/21) Light Vs Dark 2

uguu

There will be no FE7 rep... in Japan. Alm will be localized as Hector, Leaf will be localized as Eliwood, and Celice will be localized as Lyn.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mage Girl Celica

Vincent approves

(As usual, this time Krom fights alongside the Dark team.)

There will be no FE7 rep... in Japan. Alm will be localized as Hector, Leaf will be localized as Eliwood, and Celice will be localized as Lyn.

I'd post recolors if I were at home

I'd post recolors if I were at home

Pffft, who needs recolours? Also I chose Leaf for Eliwood because brown was the closest there was to red hair other than Roy, who was in the first localized Fire Emblem game, Super Smash Brothers Melee

Edit: Oh wait, it was obvious all along! Leaf won't be localized as Eliwood, Celica will!

Edited by Hikarusa

I was thinking we might get a 13th standalone 5-star map as the way of including Cellica. I thought Cellica would join there, but now I think it's Sigurd. Ike has to be here for LvD3, Eliwood has to be here for RvB3, and Sigurd needs to have the third DLC class, which could possibly be available through that map. That class still needs to exist, and Sigurd has to have it so he can fit with Eliwood.

I don't see why they'd make a standalone character map. If they can make a 5 stars base character map, they can also switch allied/enemy forces and character starting position for a second chapter, and then put the player against both forces in a third chapter... -If- there's a 5th characte map, of course. it still might not exist after all.<br>

Edited by NeonZ

I don't see why they'd make a standalone character map. If they can make a 5 stars base character map, they can also switch allied/enemy forces and character starting position for a second chapter, and then put the player against both forces in a third chapter... -If- there's a 5th characte map, of course - it still might not exist at all.<br>

The problem is your assumption of "two forces".

They've expended every possibility with their current formulas. Between these twelve DLC maps, they've used all the teams; they've used all the characters, and they've raised the difficulty level as high as it could get. In order for a final map to exist, they'd need to try something... different, somehow, and not necessarily feasible to stretch into three maps. furthermore, the overall difficulty of the map would have to be not that different from LvD. Therefore, while they could fairly label it as a 5-star map, as LvD is a 4/5-star set, they could not fairly label its final map a 6-star map.

And then there's the other crucial matter: they don't have enough relevant characters to fill five more maps. They have Eliwood, Sigurd, and Ike. Class issues stop Lyn from getting in, and Hector didn't show up in ST. Eliwood is the only possible FE7 representative.

taking any bets as to whether or not she'll be shoehorned into another class, or have a unique one that isn't tied to marital status~

anyone?

The map has no new class, and her outfit matches that of an FE13 Sage.

Edited by Othin

taking any bets as to whether or not she'll be shoehorned into another class, or have a unique one that isn't tied to marital status~

anyone?

If she had an unique, she'd likely come with a class change scroll.

I'm betting Mage/Sage.

Edited by TheEnd

hmm, then where's her giant hat~

Not a class trait. Observe how characters do not gain that hat when reclassing to Mage or Sage, and Emelina does not have that hat, either. However, Emelina has the roman numerals around her neck and the thing hanging down from it, which any characters becoming a Sage also get.

The rest of the characters actually wear a shirt below the hangy thing, though. Regardless, that's the Sage outfit precisely. There is no question of her class.

If there are no FE7 DLC, it's because they're saving something special for them; maybe in time for an international release date announcement, or maybe you get all 3 lords (or 2, -Hector). I'm not too surprised with Celica since IS seems to be going for keeping the duality, and having more female lord representation. By how it's going, KvK being all-male DLC, RvB could be all-female and we get Lyn with or instead of Eliwood in the set's conclusion. I know Lyn might pose some overlap, but then again, Eirika was chosen to feature the bride class that can't use the sword named after her, so Lyn as an assassin or bow knight isn't impossible any longer just because of Sol Katti's existence. Lyn could be a good candidate to have Counter as the skill she normally couldn't obtain that all DLC have (although Marth and Serlis have two).

If there's a new class, I'm sure it will use lances and axes, because those are the weapons that are related to a certain gender via the Expert skill, number of users and the gender-exclusive DLC classes having them along with the normally frontline (sword, magic) and backrow (bow, staff) weapons. Or they could just not use lances so Donny's lance rank remains a joke.

Back to the topic of Celica's DLC, does the map look the same as LvD1? I know LvD1 has rain and is dark, but I don't recall those tree formations in the map. Maybe I'm missing a corner.

Not a class trait. Observe how characters do not gain that hat when reclassing to Mage or Sage, and Emelina does not have that hat, either. However, Emelina has the roman numerals around her neck and the thing hanging down from it, which any characters becoming a Sage also get.

The rest of the characters actually wear a shirt below the hangy thing, though. Regardless, that's the Sage outfit precisely. There is no question of her class.

kind of sucks that she didn't get an awesome new class. . . or fancy giant hat

LvD2's image shows the bottom right corner of LvD1's map. A bit of the fort is visible, but it's mostly covered up by the dialogue.

I have to say, I'm a bit surprised they went for main villains here rather than the actual Villain SpotPass team.

The problem is your assumption of "two forces".

They've expended every possibility with their current formulas. Between these twelve DLC maps, they've used all the teams; they've used all the characters, and they've raised the difficulty level as high as it could get. In order for a final map to exist, they'd need to try something... different, somehow, and not necessarily feasible to stretch into three maps. furthermore, the overall difficulty of the map would have to be not that different from LvD. Therefore, while they could fairly label it as a 5-star map, as LvD is a 4/5-star set, they could not fairly label its final map a 6-star map.

Don't forget that there's enemy progression inside the same map sets. We'll see harder versions of LvD with 2 and 3, not just random variations. I agree that they'd need to do something different for a 5th Character map, but I don't think that really rules out the two map variations. It just seems like an easy way to stretch the content they're making, so I don't see why they wouldn't design something around that if they make a map that they call 5 stars.

And then there's the other crucial matter: they don't have enough relevant characters to fill five more maps. They have Eliwood, Sigurd, and Ike. Class issues stop Lyn from getting in, and Hector didn't show up in ST. Eliwood is the only possible FE7 representative.

If there are 5 characters left, rather than just two, one last DLC class is still feasible. In that case, either Lyn or Sigurd could end up moved to an unrelated class, like what was done with Other World Micaiah DLC vs standard FE13 Micaiah - something that was presumably done due to Celica being planned as a Sage.

Most people seem to expect Ike to get Paris' class, so they could just give Overlord to Sigurd if Lyn gets the DLC class, or just some other standard class, like Dark Knight. Or they could make Lyn an Assassin or Bow Knight, while Sigurd gets the DLC class, although that'd run into the Sol Katti issue. I don't see what Hector showing up in ST has to do with anything at this point though... They were going with pairs of characters from each game there, so Hector was left out as a third wheel. The DLC clearly doesn't seem to be based on pairs though, considering how we have no Sheeda or Sothe DLC.

hmm, then where's her giant hat~

The giant hat is part of Miriel's head model, not part of the class' outfit.

Edited by NeonZ

LvD2's image shows the bottom right corner of LvD1's map. A bit of the fort is visible, but it's mostly covered up by the dialogue.

You're right. The trees just looked too different for me in the daytime palette.

We haven't seen any Magvel map allusions in the game yet; probably because Magvel is the continent above Iris/Warm, but it seems odd.

No, LvD will not have enemy progression. ST, which has a specifically progressing order, has enemy progression. KvK does not. RvB adds another team, but like with KvK, the stats are unchanged.

If there is a third DLC class - which I'm starting to doubt - then it would need to have bows/tomes. If Lyn took the class, it would need to have swords/bows/tomes, which would include one weapon combination we've seen twice and one we've seen three times - quite dull. And it is not plausible that they would randomly skip over the DLC class for LvD2 but then include it regularly in some other map set. If they would skip it anywhere, they would skip it in the final vs. set, which they did.

Ike could get Paris's class because he pretty much is Paris. I don't think Sigurd is a crazed emperor. As for Assassin, no, that doesn't make sense. Can you picture art of Lyn in that weird stealthy outfit that also happens to include random spikes everywhere? I can't picture it. And even if Lyn was a possibility, Hector is not.

Now, look at this:

Camus

Paladin

LV20

HP 80 (capped)

Str 41 (capped)

Mag 21

Skl 42 (capped)

Spd 44 (capped)

Luck 32

Def 42 (capped)

Res 27

Move 9

Sword A, Lance A

Gradivus

Outdoor Battle, Lance Slayer, Luna, Holy Shield, Lightning Speed

These are the stats for the LvD1 boss on Lunatic. There could not possibly be such a step above this as to justify another map set a rating above this one. If nothing else, it's because of his level and skills. Every progressing DLC difficulty level increase has increased the level and the number of skills. LvD jumps far ahead in both areas, farther than it needed to, not only giving him the maximum level and number of skills but also giving him the best stats and skills. RvB's bosses compared to KvK's added about five levels and one skill. Camus adds eleven levels and two skills. There could have been room for five levels, but they chose not to leave that room. No full 5-star set is possible or even conceivable.

---

Regarding Magvel's map: it seems that Magvel and Valencia are being included with Elibe and Archanea, so that's why neither one has maps shown in the DLC.

Edited by Othin

No, LvD will not have enemy progression. ST, which has a specifically progressing order, has enemy progression. KvK does not. RvB adds another team, but like with KvK, the stats are unchanged.

RvsB 2 has more enemy units (30 vs 20)and they have slightly higher levels than RvsB 1 (the max in both is 10 promoted, with 4 level 10 units in both stages) but the Eirika chapter adds 6 level 9 units, while RvsB only had 8 and bellow after the level 10 ones. There is a progression there even if it's not as big as the one between the Talisman chapter. I remember seeing the same kind of thing while looking at the King vs King chapters too.

If there is a third DLC class - which I'm starting to doubt - then it would need to have bows/tomes. If Lyn took the class, it would need to have swords/bows/tomes, which would include one weapon combination we've seen twice and one we've seen three times - quite dull. And it is not plausible that they would randomly skip over the DLC class for LvD2 but then include it regularly in some other map set. If they would skip it anywhere, they would skip it in the final vs. set, which they did.

Maybe we're just looking at the wrong pattern? Assuming that there's a 5th map set, the DLC classes could have been spaced out between updates, with the two second chapter ones being just a coincidence. In that case, it wouldn't have been skipped, it'd be just still too soon for it. There were three updates between the last two sets of DLC classes, but we just had one this time.

Ike could get Paris's class because he pretty much is Paris. I don't think Sigurd is a crazed emperor.

We know that the Holy King(Who is likely Paris) did something similar to Ike regarding the Tagel/Laguz, but that hardly means that they're exactly the same. Although, I can see your point here. Still, if they want to make Sigurd a mounted unit and make him stand out from others, making him an Overlord seems like the easiest choice. Of course, at this point, Sigurd is only making it if there's a 5th map set anyway...

As for Assassin, no, that doesn't make sense. Can you picture art of Lyn in that weird stealthy outfit that also happens to include random spikes everywhere? I can't picture it.

And I couldn't see Micaiah dressed in Egyptian clothes either, that didn't stop her from being like that in her DLC version just to make her different from Celica. That's basically what I see happening to Lyn if there's a 5th map and she gets to be there.

And even if Lyn was a possibility, Hector is not.

I really don't see why you're so tied to the Spirit Talisman line up... Anyway, I agree that Hector has no chance if there isn't a 5th map set, however, if there's one, he'll be there.

These are the stats for the LvD1 boss on Lunatic. There could not possibly be such a step above this as to justify another map set a rating above this one. If nothing else, it's because of his level and skills. Every progressing DLC difficulty level increase has increased the level and the number of skills. LvD jumps far ahead in both areas, farther than it needed to, not only giving him the maximum level and number of skills but also giving him the best stats and skills. RvB's bosses compared to KvK's added about five levels and one skill. Camus adds eleven levels and two skills. There could have been room for five levels, but they chose not to leave that room. No full 5-star set is possible or even conceivable.

Enemy units don't use dual, supports and don't have the player's other methods of stat boosts eitehr aside from forged weapons (That Gradivus isn't forged though, right?). The stats in a final map, for Lunatic, could go beyond the stat caps in order to account for that at least partially. Either way though, I'm not sure if Lunatic is trully the baseline design for the game and DLC, which seems to be what you're implying by posting lunatic stats there.

Edited by NeonZ

I'm not interested in continuing a discussion where you attempt to prove something by responding to half the things I say and ignoring the rest.

I'm not interested in continuing a discussion where you attempt to prove something by responding to half the things I say and ignoring the rest.

I thought the stats part was a reply to someone else and just skipped it. I've already fixed that though.And I'm not attempting to "prove" anything here. We're both just speculating, trying to guess the next updates by looking at what has been done so far.

Edited by NeonZ

O5jMi.jpg

What's this? DLC art of a female FE lord that isn't getting hate? Must be because she isn't that well known...

Anyway, she looks pretty awesome. I think think that her art as well as Alm's are my favorite so far. :lol:

What's this? DLC art of a female FE lord that isn't getting hate? Must be because she isn't that well known...

Anyway, she looks pretty awesome. I think think that her art as well as Alm's are my favorite so far. :lol:

Hate hate hate

Seriously though, it's not awful exactly, though her handkerchief shirt continues with our theme of there being at least one objectionable thing about any female artwork. It's gone from somewhat sexualised, but reasonable artwork to moe moe.

There you go, all my hate.

But LoL why is she wearing short shorts? XD

She seems to wears shorts in her original artwork too, it's just they were mostly covered by a front cloth, while here she's just wearing shorts.

Edited by NeonZ

So here's my theory:

There are 6 main FE continents: Akanea, Valensia, Jungral, Elibe, Magvel and Tellius. With 12 DLC maps, we'll get two characters from each of the contients. So this leaves us with one Elibe representative (Eliwood or Lyn) and one Akanea representative (Sheeda or Camus).