DLC (6/21) Light Vs Dark 2

uguu

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I haven't really been paying attention to this board much, and I've only been skimming this to try to avoid spoilers, but why can't Ike be Paris? IIRC his name was originally Paris, so it could be a reference to that, and from the little bit I glanced, someone said Paris served a similar role in the continent's history like Ike did in Tellius.

It just doesn't fit. Ike becoming a king of a distant continent? Ike being a descendant of Marth out of nowhere? I think Paris, if he's really the Holy King, will have some similarities to Ike and maybe Alm/Marth, but he won't actually be Ike or anyone else. He'll be a new character.

Edited by NeonZ

Paris might be an expy of Ike, but unless Ike is thousands of years old, changed his name for no reason, decided he was suddenly cool with being nobility and got a different voice actor who regularly plays characters the exact opposite of Ike's personality and temperament, they're not the same person

Paris might be an expy of Ike, but unless Ike is thousands of years old, changed his name for no reason, decided he was suddenly cool with being nobility and got a different voice actor who regularly plays characters the exact opposite of Ike's personality and temperament, they're not the same person

I'm still calling him being ike's son. Ike could have married one of marth's descendants. Ike's son = paris makes sense, IMO.

I'm still calling him being ike's son. Ike could have married one of marth's descendants. Ike's son = paris makes sense, IMO.

Ike lived at least 3800 years before Paris and at least 4800 years before FE13, so that doesn't do a whole lot to close the time gap.

The generally ran with theory is that Ike and Paris have something to do with each other based on the assumption that Paris is the first Holy King of Iris whom did some stuff that sounds very similar to what Ike did. The question is just what the connection between these two characters actually is.

Wait a second...

What if Paris really is Ike and Sigurd takes the last LvD spot? Far-fetched and wouldn't agree with the Map-to-Character part of our pattern, but an interesting thought if nothing else.

This is what I told Othin, and personally, I find it very believable. Only two DLC spots left, and Sigurd / FE7 rep are shoe-ins. Why not simply add Ike as a SpotPass unit who can help tie in the gameworlds a little better?

Paris' name might not actually be Paris. It could be, y'know, a code name to mask a potential spoiler character's identity. Sort of like how "Masked Marth" is initially referred to as "Masked Marth" and not

Lucina

. That voice acting change is a little suspect though, but perhaps Ike's VA was unavailable for whatever reason.

Ike lived at least 3800 years before Paris and at least 4800 years before FE13, so that doesn't do a whole lot to close the time gap.

Is this confirmed? I thought the dates for Ike and Paris overlapped.

Edited by Westbrick

This is what I told Othin, and personally, I find it very believable. Only two DLC spots left, and Sigurd / FE7 rep are shoe-ins. Why not simply add Ike as a SpotPass unit who can help tie in the gameworlds a little better?

Have to agree with you that it's not completely left-field. It would help to explain all the secrecy surrounding Paris' identity as well (like leaving him out of the guide book).

I thought the same thing about Paris being a false name initially. We don't want you to know it's Ike, but we need a name loosely connected to him.

Edited by Shun One

Random thought: What if they release a fourth map in each set? No evidence points to this, but maybe you team up with both sides to fight... something in each map.

Lol I also thought about that today xD.

The problem would be,that it would be too much,because then we'd get 16 characters and I doubt,they'll include sothe.But ok,it could be possible,that in this case ST doesn't get a fourth one,since it follows a slightly different pattern from what I know.

Is this confirmed? I thought the dates for Ike and Paris overlapped.

The Holy King lived 1000 years before FE13, which is still long after the Archanea, Valencia, Elibe, and Jugdral games. To be forgotten by their time, the Great Flood would have had to have happened long before those.

My estimate is based on the Scouring happening 2600 years before the Holy King, and the scene at the end of FE10 indicated some huge war was starting 1200 years following the Tellius games.

True, but Elincia was the main character for a portion of Radiant Dawn.

Strange thing is, she's being treated as an FE9 rep.

Strange thing is, she's being treated as an FE9 rep.

Well, she's called Queen Elincia at least, rather than Princess Elincia. She's treated as a FE9 representative in other ways mostly because her spotpass version is based on FE9, but the way she's mostly acknowledged as a queen rather than princess is more like a FE10 reference.

Edited by NeonZ

That is so odd. Why would they include her as an FE9 rep instead of FE10...Hm...I need to ponder upon this for a bit.

Even though she never has Lord status in FE9, she's much more important to the plot of FE9 as a whole than she is to the plot of FE10.

Well we got Elincia...

she was a main character in fe10,with her own part and in fe9 she was important for the plotline and was treated like a secondary main character for the time she was playable(similar to hector,you only had to take her with you in one map and her death meant game over).

Sothe on the other hand is more like a secondary main character for some parts in rd,but what makes him different from other secondary lords is that he doesn't even have a special class(since heather was also a rouge)

I really was not expecting cecillia to be the DLC, but oh well.

If we are getting all of the lords, we STILL NEED:

Siglud

Hector

Eliwood

Lyn

Ike

Overall, I think that Siglud will be least likely as Ike was in Brawl, and FE7 was quite popular and if they want western buys as well as Japenese, they will need 2 include those 4. Siglud (If I spell his name right) on other hand, might be unlikely.

I think that they might include more DLC characters other then the lords, e.g. Nils/Ninian, Liliana, Shiida because the Lords are not always the most popular character (except Ike, who most people love)

I'm pretty sure Nils and Ninian aren't even coming as manaketes, since Olivia will be the only dancer to avoid game-breaking and Lalum was already the only one of Roy's possible wifes skipped altogether. Lilina and Caeda might be in the DLC if they will release 2 per game, but it so far looks unlikely.