DLC (6/21) Light Vs Dark 2

uguu

Didn't think she'd be a loli here, but other than that she looks really nice!

Though, it doesn't seem like she's wearing an actual shirt...at least she's not skimpy looking like Micaiah and the dark mages.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm.. I like it. Lack of a shirt is a bit odd, but I like it. Remember that in her original portrait she looked younger than 16 as well so no issues there.

Does this mean she's going to pull an Eirika and not have access to swords?

Hm.. I like it. Lack of a shirt is a bit odd, but I like it. Remember that in her original portrait she looked younger than 16 as well so no issues there.

Does this mean she's going to pull an Eirika and not have access to swords?

it doesn't matter xD

Celica... she looks pretty awesome... "loli style" ? XD

Lyn could easily be an assassin. Either Eliwood, Sigurd or Lyn could easily be a bow knight judging by some of the weird class choices we've seen so far. Hector could easily be included as a general/warrior/berserker. There could easily be no pattern to follow. I'm starting to dislike all this speculation anyway, I'd rather just let it come and be pleasantly surprised than be confused at every turn.

I am slightly confused about the low amount of hate this is getting compared to the other females, though I personally like it (and have liked all the DLC artwork). It seems most of you have finally started to chill out.

And I shall be reclassing her to strategist.

It seems like Celica is just a sage, considering her cape, so no swords.However, I wonder what happens if she's reclassed?

She'll get the weapons of that class...like every other character?

I posted before completing my thoughts again... I mean her weapon ranks. Has anyone gotten Eirika and tried to reclass her? I'm just wondering if these characters would start with E in swords or if they'd have some levels there since they originally could use those weapons.

Edited by NeonZ

I'll be honest, Celica doesn't look too bad this time around. Whereas some of the units' designs have been one giant helping of "huh?", I do like Celica's appearance for this one. Looks very sagely...though I think her Spotpass character lists her as a Mage...so she might be Sage for her DLC, who knows? Or considering that she could use both swords and magic in Gaiden, she might appear to give us a new class, one that could be used for every gender. I guess we won't know until next Thursday.

EDIT: Wait, that's Strategist. >_> nvm

Edited by Karaszure

Looks very sagely...though I think her Spotpass character lists her as a Mage...so she might be Sage for her DLC, who knows?

She doesn't have an actual spotpass yet, the class listed for her in Serenes' spotpass listed is based on her appearances in the DLC chapters. She appeared in Talisman 1 as a mage, so she's listed as mage there. She was a Sage in King vs King 2 though - it's mostly a matter of unit level. Considering how she's joining in a chapter with a bunch of level 20 promoted units, she certainly will be a level 20 sage here.

Or considering that she could use both swords and magic in Gaiden, she might appear to give us a new class, one that could be used for every gender. I guess we won't know until next Thursday.

No new promotion item listed, so she isn't giving us a new class, and, like mentioned before, her cape is similar to a sage's. She can be reclassed into a strategist though - I just wonder if it's actually practical. I really hope Celica and Eirika start with some sword levels in spite of their first class being unable to use them, but I guess they'll just have E ranks...

Edited by NeonZ

So here's my theory:

There are 6 main FE continents: Akanea, Valensia, Jungral, Elibe, Magvel and Tellius. With 12 DLC maps, we'll get two characters from each of the contients. So this leaves us with one Elibe representative (Eliwood or Lyn) and one Akanea representative (Sheeda or Camus).

This is an interesting thought. I could see it happening, but I don't think we'll get a villain. The exclusion of Ike in the DLC sets would just be...odd. Not as odd as Sigurd given the "Pass the torch" nature of FE4's story. But if we assume that Valencia and Magvel are being counted as part of Elibe and Akanea, then what we currently have is:

Akanea: Marth, Alm, Celica

Judgral: Celice, Leaf

Elibe: Roy, Eirika, Ephraim

Tellius: Elincia, Micaiah

which looks pretty strange if they were going for a set number of characters per continent? FE7 has to get someone at some point and that'd boost Elibe up to 4 where as the only group that could potentially combat this is Akanea were it to get someone else added (but who's left? Camus?)

--

Alternatively, if Camus is supposed to take the spot of LvD3, then Ike could potentially take the FE7 reps spot. That would just be strange to exclude an entire game fro the DLC however. I don't see this happening in any scenario. It'd mean we either lose a game from the series, or lose the major player of another (Ike).

- -

As for what Celica means for the pattern, I believe I mentioned it in the last thread that Sigurd was the only spot up for contention and what do you know, here's Celica taking Sigurd's proposed spot. I can now see the reasoning behind Dark Mage Micaiah considering Celica was planned to take the Sage spot. This makes me think, as others have said, that there isn't another DLC Class. If such a class exists, I'm not sure where it could show up outside of a stand-alone map. Also, if Sigurd will eventually appear, the idea of Overlord Sigurd isn't completely unreasonable, but due to the nature of the class it's unlikely.

According to the "Each Set's Map get's a character" then RvB3 must be an FE7 character and LvD3 must be Ike (considering he's the only Tellius Lord left). As has been pointed out, Celice is a Swordmaster so Lyn is redundant, Hector barely has any presence in any DLC maps, so Eliwood should get the spot as the main character.

- -

What's left that could happen is instead of Ike and Eliwood, we get Camus and Eliwood to give the villains team some DLC.

At any rate, in 2 weeks RvB3 will be announced.

Ike could get Paris's class because he pretty much is Paris. I don't think Sigurd is a crazed emperor. As for Assassin, no, that doesn't make sense. Can you picture art of Lyn in that weird stealthy outfit that also happens to include random spikes everywhere? I can't picture it. And even if Lyn was a possibility, Hector is not.

well could you have imagined leaf as a trickster,the class whose clothes remind one of harlquins?

I don't want to say,that lyn is a must,but I think we should still consider her a possibility.

I think we might get something special for the last set of dlc-chapters,maybe there is a twist in the story of LvD in the third chapter and it has really more than just 3 parts,or maybe we're really getting another set of dlc-chapters(with the last chapter having a special rank like lunatic or so and having the final boss as an enemy unit together with a bunch of level 20 units,manaketes and so on),but that may be too hard....

I don't want to say,that lyn is a must,but I think we should still consider her a possibility.

Lyn has a fair shot of being a possibilty, but I think Eliwood is most likely due to his main character status. The only Main characters we haven't gotten are Sigurd, Eliwood, and Ike. The others can effectively be put as side characters and you could argue that Celice is the real main character of FE4.

I think we might get something special for the last set of dlc-chapters,maybe there is a twist in the story of LvD in the third chapter and it has really more than just 3 parts,or maybe we're really getting another set of dlc-chapters(with the last chapter having a special rank like lunatic or so and having the final boss as an enemy unit together with a bunch of level 20 units,manaketes and so on),but that may be too hard....

That's why I think Ike with Paris' class will be the final DLC. It'd be the only DLC character to have a class that no one else could (potentially) Class Change to aside from the only other character with the class.

Edited by Shun One

Othin, if the difficulty jumps two levels from RvB to LvD, have you considered that the difficulty level of another map set could be in the middle of the two?

Othin, if the difficulty jumps two levels from RvB to LvD, have you considered that the difficulty level of another map set could be in the middle of the two?

That can't really happen with the pattern they're following. RvB was a 3 stars map, while LvD is a 4 stars one. The only option is something even harder than LvD 1, for a 5 stars map. If they had intended to insert something between them, LvD 1 and 2 could have been a 5 stars maps, but they aren't. LvD 3 will be a 5 stars map though, considering how the third map is always considered one ranking higher than its predecessors.

I think a full 5 stars map set is still a possibility though, but Othin obviously disagrees.

Edited by NeonZ

I'm not exactly sure what the star level would be, but regardless, if the jump between KvK and RvB was 5 levels and 1 skill, while the jump between RvB and LvD was 10 levels and 2 skills, there's a spot between RvB and LvD.

Why did the artist think it would be a good idea and mangle Celicia's appearance, and make her look as old as Florina? I know Florina wasn't given an official age, but how is anyone gonna tell me that she's looks older than someone whose adolescence is just beginning?

Seriously! She looks like a kid here, for crying out loud!

Edited by Little Al

I'm not exactly sure what the star level would be, but regardless, if the jump between KvK and RvB was 5 levels and 1 skill, while the jump between RvB and LvD was 10 levels and 2 skills, there's a spot between RvB and LvD.

There's a spot in gameplay terms, but not in label. It would need to either share the 3-star label with RvB or share the 4-star label with LvD, and they don't seem to have any indication of repeating labels like that.

They could have done that, yes, but if they were planning on it, they would have labeled LvD 5-star and made that new set the 4-star one, and they would have certainly started introducing the maps by now. They've been progressing in an orderly manner; it really doesn't make sense for them to do the first two sets of LvD without even starting to introduce the set before it.

So the reality is, we aren't going to see that kind of map set.

Since Ike and Sigurd are no brainers and we still need an FE7 representative, this leads me to believe we are getting 15 DLC chapters and all the lords and not just 12

Also, who wears short shorts?

Katarina

Why did the artist think it would be a good idea and mangle Celicia's appearance, and make her look as old as Florina? I know Florina wasn't given an official age, but how is anyone gonna tell me that she's looks older than someone whose adolescence is just beginning?

Seriously! She looks like a kid here, for crying out loud!

The reason why Celica looking 14 instead of her actual age of 16 is a problem because. . .?