Higurashi Mafia - Game over

Jaybee

Voting Subieko because Jirachi > Mew is definitely a valid reason to find someone scummy and lynch them. Yup.

Yes it is, the title of Cutest Legendary is of life and death importance even though it's actually Victini

There are more sensical things to discuss, such as responses to my little game.

Okay, if you did this just to get reactions I can see some value, but please find something else to provoke people with next time. Newer players may out info about their roles without realizing why it's a bad idea; Cam seems to have done this. And the lategame value is negated by the advantage this gives scum right now in deciding who to kill or mess with.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Helios

You've gone well past vote-hopping into some kind of vote explosion. And you're unvoting people after they make a single post, regardless of what it adds to the discussion. What the heck are you doing?

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. I've got an idea for a game. It's called "Who wants to be roleblocked?"

Me! But make sure it's the Mafia Roleblocker who's hitting me. I have a surprise for him. *kiralaugh*

I agree with Shinori about BBM. At first, I thought he had a good point on Elie, but after his response to Bal I'm beginning to think he's been overreacting too much and too easily.

##Vote Bal

What do you think of things so far?

Well, now's your time to give us your opinion. All I've seen is your comments.

##Vote: Helios

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

There's something to talk about. What are your thoughts? And try not to incite a riot.

Sorry, I just can't help it. XD

First off, we are outnumbering a small team of mafia that can discuss with one another, and not eliminate themselves, while we frantically try to figure out who is what alignment and who is what role. The fact that mafia is targetting town is already a deficit that we have to climb out of. How do we do that, early on? With 0 relevant information to discuss while a small elite team gets the early jump on us? I'm all for winning here, and I'm not gonna sit with my thumb up my arse while waiting for a RVS lynch to occur. There are more sensical things to discuss, such as responses to my little game.

Third, I think that this gives us a little edge on lategame. We have something concrete to fallback on when there are only say, 5 players left. That concrete that I refer to is what was said N0. When roles are eliminated through death or otherwise, we learn what is out of the game. That leaves us to have at least a little bit of a better chance to catch a potential liar mid game, when things happen and there is hardly anyone to take blame for it. It may not be as reliable as a claim or something, but it's better than nothing.

Sorry, but the third part doesn't make sense. What's your guarantee that people wouldn't lie about their roles being passive/active? There could be players from the Town hiding their active roles (such as the Cop saying he's passive) to protect himself/because they're paranoid. And from there, everything will go down, and we'll be basing ourselves in a flawed basis on lategame.

Either way, thanks for asking us that question. The best way to know if someone's scum or not is by watching how he/she reacts to something, and you managed to troll them just as planned.

##Vote: Elieson

I would prefer we not secure our lynch in the last 5 minutes, and despite alleged noble intentions... that was a horrible idea.

I still think Bizz is hella scummy, but on the other hand, she's had some IRL issues, and I don't fully know if they've cleared up or not.

I would prefer we not secure our lynch in the last 5 minutes, and despite alleged noble intentions... that was a horrible idea.

Had you put down your uniquely shaped D13 and done something to jumpstart some serious discussion, I'd be more inclined to take this seriously.

If you noticed the same thing that I did, only three peoole even said anything pertaining to their role status (me included, for obvious reasons), as I predicted). Of these three, Cam, Bizz, and myself, it's possible that any one of us could be lying.

Still, think about it for a minute. I did this for responses and discussion, not actually for role information. If anything, scum will be arguing not to out role info just as town would. You finding me scummy for my choice of topic is a bit out there. Had I suggested "post your rolePM", I'd be viewed as instascum. Had I suggested "post your thoughts on other players", everyone would say nothing of value due to RVS. I suggested a topic not digging for huge gamebreaking info because if something was revealed, it wouldn't cause an instant loss for town.

But what was revealed? I'm the obviously stupid person who put my name on the line by doing something even the Pope would hesitate to do, to stop this useless RVS and get some reads and information. BBM overreacts (like his meta calls for), etc etc. Look at the responses generated. You can say I'm stupid and risky and full of horrible ideas, but at least I'm working to bring info out.

Let me ask you this. In NOC, how does a townie learn something w/o scum picking up on it? I can't find an answer in my research. We need to band together our town somehow, and this is a subtle way to do it. By reading responses to stuff like this.

Take it as you will, but we are learning things already. Scum had a team, town doesn't. I want that fixed before we mislynch ourselves to a loss while trying to find information out of nothing.

29. There are elements of bastard mod in this game, because it's Higurashi.

This tells me "Assume nothing". Your "plan" operates under a huge amount of assumptions.

Day 1 was going to proceed as D1 always does, slowly, and until someone fucks up largely enough to draw attention. At this point its just a matter of winnowing out whether we think it's scum fucking up, or town fucking up, and that should be our main focus. Press you hard enough, force you to react in as many ways, to as many people as possible.

It's D1, Bal. All plans not coming from players on a team are based on assumptions. Even some team-made plans have assumptions.

If we are basing our votes on assumptions, wouldn't it be better to have some sort of reason to behind them?

And until now, what was there to press people about? RVS? Yea ok.

It's D1, Bal. All plans not coming from players on a team are based on assumptions. Even some team-made plans have assumptions.

If we are basing our votes on assumptions, wouldn't it be better to have some sort of reason to behind them?

And until now, what was there to press people about? RVS? Yea ok.

Elieson, I appreciate the attempt to start discussion, and I admit that it worked, but do you see why people, including myself, do NOT want anyone asking for role info right now? It risks giving valuable info to scum.

Elieson seems Town to me right now because a) scum asking for role info D1 seems way too risky, and b) Elieson has done this (asked a scummy question and ended up defending himself over it causing him to look worse) before when he's Town, so this seems like his normal Town behavior to me.

Still waiting for a response from Helios.

voting patterns if you want them -

Shinori - Eclipse -> Levity -> BBM

Elieson - Cam -> Scorri

Balcerzak - scorri -> bizz (activity) -> Elieson

Helios - Subieko -> Kay -> Marth -> Eclipse -> Bal

BBM - Shinori -> Elieson

scorri - BBM -> Elieson

Rapier - Shinori -> Helios

rein - Cam -> Elieson

Eclipse - Balcerzak -> Rapier -> Marth -> Rapier

Cam - BBM -> Marth

Subieko - Elieson -> Helios

San - BBM -> Rein

Marth - Cam -> Scorri

Votals

Elieson - 4 (BBM, Rein, Subieko, Scorri)

Bluedoom - 2 (Camtech, Helios)

Scorri - 2 (Bluedoom, Elieson)

BBM - 1 (Shinori)

Bizz - 1 (Balcerzak)

Rein - 1 (Kay)

Rapier - 1 (Eclipse)

Shinori - 1 (Rapier)

OBV SCUM WHO HAVEN'T VOTED

bizz

Levity had not voted.

Hi; sorry for lack of activity. If anyone is following my tumblr, stuff happened. And our power is out, by the way; we had a bad storm. I'm at the coffeehouse and I was taking care of some things in the other game, since I have an hour and a half before the place closes. Let me review the thread as soon as I'm finished with the Shining Force shenanigans

Not done with Shining Force stuff yet, but fuck it, I have to do this

Though I'm not sure about the rest of you kids, personally I'm hesitant to give out info about my role because, at least in my case, it'd be more helpful for scum to know anything about my role right now than town. I don't think Elieson is scum because he asked this, because IMO I think the scum team would be afraid of raising suspicion to themselves so early in the game. I think he's trying to create some discussion since this thread has been pretty quiet so far.

I am kinda curious about who each person's character is, but that's because of theory I'm developing more than anything else.

I actually sort of agree with this, and I'm really liking this reaction more than anything else. HOWEVER: Claiming things such as "I'm not giving info out about my role because it'll help scum more than town is pretty counter-productive if your intention was to not give info out about your role anyway, since... that's just what you did. /: Watch out for that, guys! I see this a lot, and scum can get more out of this than some people realize, I think.

As for character-claiming, this argument happens often and I'm not really certain that we should be doing it. I know that you only said that you're curious, but if you were wary about giving information out anyway, I'd keep characters secret for now--at least since it's still early in the game.

Wut. How does this help us at all, this just gives scum hints at who the power roles are. I don't want anyone to start outing info about their roles for no reason, and I don't plan on doing so myself either.

This is your fourth or fifth game, right? So I'm not willing to write this off as a newbie mistake. ##Unvote, ##Vote: Elieson

##Vote: Subieko

I

do

NOT like this post

I haven't read all the way through the thread yet, but Jesus, talk about a flimsy excuse for voting someone. I'm going to just be jumping all over reactions like this from now on; at least Helios's was reasonable, though flawed in that he sort of spilled info anyway (which only gives me more of a feeling that he's town if you ask me)

Side note whenever Elie is scum he tends to ask if what he says in thread is okay to say in thread, especially if it has any importance to it, such as that post, which is especially why I don't think he's scum, his scum buddies would have told him not to say that.

Ehh... though I'm not really convinced that Elie is scum either, I don't agree with this statement because who says the scum would automatically be able to analyze Elie's meta, too? This alone makes me just a bit wary of you.

Hey guys. I've got an idea for a game. It's called "Who wants to be roleblocked?"

why does this bother me a bit

am I the one one who thinks we shouldn't be lynching Elieson...

No, I don't want a lynch on him either. His reaction to the votes on him made him look more Townish to me, and his reasoning for asking about roles (to start discussion based on reactions to the question) was good even though I still feel that outing that info is bad.

Right now I'm wary of Helios and want him to get back in here and post. If he has time for Carnival Phastasm he has time for one lil' post in here.

To be fair, CPM is in a much more critical phase than this game is.

But it's night time over there, and over here we're like less than 20 hours from deadline for our first lynch. That is fair though I guess.

Also going to do some re-reading now, I'll probably make a long post after that.

Okay, time to get a bit more serious.

Unvote

##Vote: BBM

I too didn't like the way he rushed at Elie, but I accepted it, because people view things from another perspective. But now I think he's overreacting (by the way, I take his "Shinori's overreacting more than me" as a confession of overreaction, which is mostly always bad) quite a lot. Especially after voting Shinori and saying he overreacted to protect Elie. If it's not suspicious, then I don't know what it is.

##Unvote, ##Vote Shinori

You overreacted even more than I did.

First off, isn't this a OMGUS?

Second off over reacting? Okay, So which one of my posts was me overreacting?

Okay lets do it this way, yes their are doubts on if someone is lieing or telling the truth, but normally town won't lie. Now, next, elieson just stated it as an idea because, well, NO ONE IS TALKING. I don't think he's scum at the moment nor do i think the idea in its self is a bad idea, especially since it's only active or passive as an answer. This tells mafia nothing except for yes who doc and cop might be under. However there are power roles that are passive as well. Now I would like to point out reacting poorly to something as small as this has been something scum tend to do in these types of games.

So whereas we don't actually have much info, I don't think elieson is scum, it's not how he has acted previously in his past games that he was scum in. And from most experiences I've had people that act like Subieko, BBM, and Helios are acting right now tend to be scum. Being overly suspicious and quickly hopping on the easy possible misslynch on Elieson. All that was needed was to say "GUYS I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE SHARING THIS INFO CAN WE TALK TOGETHER BEFORE WE CHOOSE TO DO THIS?" Instead you chose to say part of that and vote Elie, except Helios, which makes him seem a little less scummy to me.

Side note whenever Elie is scum he tends to ask if what he says in thread is okay to say in thread, especially if it has any importance to it, such as that post, which is especially why I don't think he's scum, his scum buddies would have told him not to say that. Therefore, ##Vote: BBM, scum again, calling it.

This one?

BBM What you did isn't a random vote, therefore your first reasoning is pointless. Throwing out a random vote during RVS is completely different from voting someone because they started discussion.

Or that one?

I made one post on the situation because I saw faulty logic and reasoning to be jumping onto a bandwagon on Elieson considering that he was starting conversation and no one else was. Please explain to me how I overreacted.

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

Please answer the following questions:

1. Do you still want BBM lynched?

2. Why or why not?

1 & 2. After his most recent post I still have my suspicions on him yet, and I really don't like how he reacted towards me voting him, where he tried to push it off comparing his voting style to an RVS vote. Which it wasn't comparable because his vote was definitely NOT random, which leaves an entirely different meaning.

No, I agree with you. I think Shinori would make a better target.

Once again, explain why please. Because I voted you? Or do you actually have some legitimate reason for why you voted me.