Rate the Unit: Day 52 - Reyson

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

LYRE!: 0.32

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Kyza: 1.53

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Heather: 5.29

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Edited by Lucina

Helps out a lot and can possibly take a hit if need be. Reyson (and maybe Ulki and Janaff) is the only one who I'd consider using a laguz stone on anyway, and if I'm using other laguz then they can just grass.

9/10 including .5 bias because he's pretty

He has the highest movement, he flies, has canto, and refreshes 4 people when transformed. He's the easiest heron to deploy even if he can only refresh a single person before he transforms. He also comes with enough levels to have Bliss/Sorrow available off the bat, though the opportunities where Bliss > Vigor are rare. With his much higher HP and higher defence and res, Reyson has a substantial survivability advantage over the other two herons. And because he's with the Greil Mercs, that means he could potentially be refreshing Haar, Titania, and Ike all at once. And if there's anything more badass than Haar, it's Haar moving twice.

10/10

Vastly overrated; needs a Laguz Stone use to be really useful (which are low in number). 7/10

Wait, I thought you played for turns? How is a unit that saves a turn in 3-5, in 3-8, 3-10, 3-E, 4-2 and 4-5 "overrated"?

Wait, I thought you played for turns? How is a unit that saves a turn in 3-5, in 3-8, 3-10, 3-E, 4-2 and 4-5 "overrated"?

Needing a Laguz Stone all the time (which aren't exactly common candy in this game) really cripples him a lot. The only chapters where he truly shines are 3-8 and 3-10.

I admit I may have been a little too strict, but there were many moments where I was frustrated with Reyson's ability to vigor only one unit while untransformed. I prefer Rafiel overall.

Edited by Aeine

Needing a Laguz Stone all the time (which aren't exactly common candy in this game) really cripples him a lot. The only chapters where he truly shines are 3-8 and 3-10.

I admit I may have been a little too strict, but there were many moments where I was frustrated with Reyson's ability to vigor only one unit while untransformed. I prefer Rafiel overall.

In all of those chapters, he only needs to vigor 1 unit to save a turn. Rafiel is much better for endgame, but reyson has him beat when it comes to saving turns in a lot of chapters.

Rafiel:

1-8- Due to his starting position, hes useful but he doesnt save you a turn here.

1-E- Yeah, he does save a turn here I think, by vigoring Nailah/Volug (who are ferrying BK and micaiah)

4-1- He is useful, but I dont think he saves a turn. Its at best 3 turns iirc.

4-4- Saves a turn.

That's 2 turns.

Reyson:

3-5- Vigors haar so he can fly, kill the boss and 1 turn the map.

3-8- Can vigor your celerity stomper in turn 1 so they can get to the boss area faster, then just stays back and dances for the others. Saves another turn.

3-10- Again, vigors Haar/Titania in turn 1 and makes them reach the boss faster and saves another turn.

3-E- Read 3-10.

4-2- Yep, another turn he saves here.

4-5- Elincia moves, vigor, rescue. Kill izuka. Another turn shaved.

That's 6 turns.

Reyson is clearly superior before endgame.

That's 6 turns.

Edward cuts three times as many turns as Reyson does; but just because Edward cuts like 16 turns from Part 1 doesn't mean I'm going to give him a 10/10.

Edward cuts three times as many turns as Reyson does; but just because Edward cuts like 16 turns from Part 1 doesn't mean I'm going to give him a 10/10.

Edward isn't a refresher unit with Canto.

Reyson's the best heron in the game. Enough said.

9.75/10

Edward isn't a refresher unit with Canto.

Reyson's the best heron in the game. Enough said.

9.75/10

1) Why do you use Vigor in an efficiency playthrough?

2) To kill enemies / to move more / to heal someone.

3) What does this accomplish?

4) A lower turn count.

So, if we generalize Reyson's usefulness, all Reyson really does is contribute to efficiency... but Edward does that even more.

Edited by Aeine

He's also forced. By your logic, lords would top the tier list since without their seizing you wouldn't be able to complete the game.

Reyson doesn't need BEXP/Resources lategame. You don't have to pour a single ounce of BEXP into him. Edward needs those to stay good in lategame.

Edward cuts three times as many turns Reyson cuts earlygame. Reyson isn't good lategame either, due to having little availability. Rafiel will be used in 4-E, not Reyson.

He's also forced. By your logic, lords would top the tier list since without their seizing you wouldn't be able to complete the game.

Edward isn't LITERALLY forced. You can use Micaiah and Leonardo instead if you want to, but that can take around 20 turns.

-Handsome

-Best of the three

-Can Canto. Unlike Rafiel.

-Can Fly. Unlike Rafiel.

-Good with Magic cards

9/10

Edited by アイネ

He can save you turns if that's what you want, he can let you baby units twice as fast if that's what you want, he can get cats to grass and attack in the same turn if that's what you want. He can even chant 4 from turn 2 onwards if that's what you want.

And almost no one has better claim on laguz stone than Reyson (whenever he needs it), because Reyson can help other laguz transform on turn 2 anyway, and he can help four.

9/10