"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

I know.

So you mean Barbarians can't walk on water or mountains?

His portrait is the Black Knight. However, as a playable character, his battle model has a visible face, and it's based on Zelgius's real appearance.

Almost all of the Spotpass my units are Built from Avatars/Myunits. Though I still think a helmeted option would've been nice.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you mean Barbarians can't walk on water or mountains?

Correct.

Almost all of the Spotpass my units are Built from Avatars/Myunits. Though I still think a helmeted option would've been nice.

All except Marth, yeah.

Kinda surprising they cut that out but it doesn't look the game has a lot of water or mountain maps based off what I've seen.

That and fancy terrain mobility is more Trickster domain.

No unique palettes, either right?

Indeed.

That and fancy terrain mobility is more Trickster domain.

I'll give my Berserker acrobatics then.

Indeed.

On unique palettes, do any characters retain them during class swaps, as in through a change seal?

I don't think mounts change palettes as I noticed Great Knight Callum had orange armor but his horse still had blue armor.

On unique palettes, do any characters retain them during class swaps, as in through a change seal?

I don't think mounts change palettes as I noticed Great Knight Callum had orange armor but his horse still had blue armor.

No. They're just for the original class series.

Hopefully this won't be too hard to read (Rank E and D don't have bonuses):

EDIT: OK, that didn't work...

C 	B 	A

Sword  ATK+1 ATK+2  ATK+3

Lance  ATK+1 ATK+1  ATK+2
          	Hit+5  Hit+5

Axe	Hit+5 Hit+10 Hit+10
               	ATK+1
Bow	ATK+1 ATK+1  ATK+2
                Hit+5  Hit+5
Magic  ATK+1 ATK+1  ATK+2
               Hit+5  Hit+5
Staff  HP+1  HP+2   HP+3

Edited by Remnant Sage

And don't forget that that bonus is cancelled if the enemy has a weapon triangle advantage. The power of the advantage is decided by the better weapon. (If A-Swords vs C-axes, the A Row is used in determining the triangle effects).

Advantage Side  Advantage Side  	Adverse Side
Weapon LV   	Bonus           	Bonus
ED          	+5% Hit         	-5% Hit
CB          	+10% Hit        	-10% Hit
A           	+1 Attack +10% Hit  -1 Attack -10% Hit

So if you're a sword user, Chrom, with A in Swords. Against a C-rank axe user, you can get a bonus of (1+3) Attack and 10% Hit, and your enemy will lose their weapon rank bonus (-5% hit), and the weapon triangle disadvantage (-1 Attack, -10% Hit).

On the other hand, if a C rank Lance user attacks Chrom, he'll lose 10% hit from the Triangle, and no weapon level bonus (3 attack). His opponent, only having C rank, gains the triangle bonus of 10% hit, and his weapon level bonus of +1 attack.

Edited by pichupal

Another question I have, is there a definite class tier list? Or are some classes just plain better then others.

Are you looking for a list of best classes by stats, or best classes by skills? The list would be drastically different depending on which option you're looking for. Either way, I haven't seen anything like that around. Maybe somebody else can point you in the right direction.

Edited by Strunk

Another question I have, is there a definite class tier list? Or are some classes just plain better then others.

No definite one because characters vary wildly between classes. Different class have different double bonuses, some might have better combat stats, but others get better skills, some have better caps, growths, others have better bases.

Are you looking for a list of best classes by stats, or best classes by skills? The list would be drastically different depending on which option you're looking for. Either way, I haven't seen anything like that around. Maybe somebody else can point you in the right direction.

I'm not talking about skills, I know lightning speed is really good.

I'm wondering if there are any classes that aren't good in the end.

There seem to be two real types of classes: 'journey' and 'destination'. 'Journey' classes have

great skills and/or growths, but are tactically rather poor either because they have bad caps,

bad movement, or bad weapon choices, etc. 'Destination' classes have good caps, weapon

choices, Double bonuses, etc. They are so named because you travel through the journey

classes to get to your destination class.

It would be rather unfair to compare the two since they fundamentally serve a different purpose.

Then again, there are some classes that are good at both and bad at both, so...

I rather like manaketes in the postgame -- only one less defense than a general with swanchika, while being noticeably higher in res and speed. They're also easy to sue because they have good 1-2 range without either weapon saver or repeating the divine weapon DLC endlessly, and aren't affected by any of the five slayer skills.

There seem to be two real types of classes: 'journey' and 'destination'. 'Journey' classes have

great skills and/or growths, but are tactically rather poor either because they have bad caps,

bad movement, or bad weapon choices, etc. 'Destination' classes have good caps, weapon

choices, Double bonuses, etc. They are so named because you travel through the journey

classes to get to your destination class.

It would be rather unfair to compare the two since they fundamentally serve a different purpose.

Then again, there are some classes that are good at both and bad at both, so...

So would Griffon knight be a Journey class. Would there be a reason to stay a Griffon Knight after you got Lance Slayer?

I'm pretty sure this question has been asked and if it has, please link the answer.

Is it possible to get multiple Limit Breaker/Paragon scrolls as well as the items that unlock the Demon Fighter and Bride class? Or is it only one per file?

Is it possible to get multiple Limit Breaker/Paragon scrolls as well as the items that unlock the Demon Fighter and Bride class?

Yes, every time you replay the map.

Edited by Othin

Yes, every time you replay the map.

In other words, you don't need to sack a unit to re-obtain said item?

This makes me a lot more willing to buy the DLC.

Edited by Quick