"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

If a character has Vantage (Or Vantage+) and a Brave Weapon, do they get two attacks or only one if it triggers?

if Brave Sword works anything like it did in Sacred Stones, the character attacks twice before the enemy moves. And if the character could double on them, they attacked twice, the enemy moved, and then they attacked twice again.

But I don't know for sure if they changed that.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be honest, I'm glad these clarifications are here. I was honestly debating whether or not I should start on Normal or Hard. Even though I originally decided on Normal, people likening Hard to more of a Normal mode kind of threw me off. Which brings me to my question: I do know that the beginning of the game is kinda easy on Normal, but is it safe to assume that the difficulty improves at least somewhat significantly at some point after around Chapter 10? By that, I mean that, unless you do actual grinding, the enemies don't seem pathetically easy come late and eventually end-game? Just need an opinion on this.

Same here.

But if we imagine the other FEs ( except 4, maybe ) had a demo with the first two maps. Everyone would say they were too easy. And probably not many would have problems with Hard either.

But i hope the game changes way before Chapter 10 =p.

If a character has Vantage (Or Vantage+) and a Brave Weapon, do they get two attacks or only one if it triggers?

I'm not complete certain, but it seems that it will trigger only one attack. If the Vantage unit can double, they will strike once, let the attacker fight back, then proceeds to attack thrice to make a total of 4 attacks.

Feel free to correct me. I'm not very certain about this one.

EDIT - Just saw it today. I was wrong.

Edited by nocturnal YL

"He founded the Valmese Empire and, in honour of his glorious legacy, the continent was later renamed after him."

Was this etymology for "Valm" stated anywhere in the game itself or in an artbook or something? It certainly makes sense both in universe and out, and I doubt this information would be up on the main site without good reason, but I don't recall hearing anything about this factoid before the SF page updated. I guess I'm not sure where it would come up in the course of the game itself, given that as I understand it DLC/SpotPass characters don't have those brief biographies in-game like the main cast.

Glad you noticed!

This info is mentioned by Virion in Fire Emblem World's "Fire Emblem Awakening Background" section (Source). It's actually implied info (he only says the first ruler of the Valmese Empire united the two northern and southern kingdoms of Valm after a huge war and that the second ruler renamed the continent of Valm after him), but I think the conclusion is pretty safe.

For reference, the DLC bios on the site aren't official, but are based on official info.

Edited by VincentASM

1) Can weapons be repaired without using MC Hammerne?

2) Does Weapon Saver affect staves?

3) How early can I forge Nosferatu and Aversa's Night?

4) Does Life Absorb stack with Lightning Speed?

5) Is effectiveness always x3, or is it x2 vs dragon units (like in the Japanese version of FE7)?

6) Which DLC characters can MU marry?

7) Can two Iron Swords with reduced durability be combined into one Iron Sword with greater durability?

5) Is effectiveness always x3, or is it x2 vs dragon units (like in the Japanese version of FE7)?

7) Can two Iron Swords with reduced durability be combined into one Iron Sword with greater durability?

1. I do not think so.

2. I do not think so either, but it might.

3. You can forge Nosferatu and Aversa's Night whenever you want, iirc.

4. I believe so.

5. I have a feeling it's times 3, but I don't know. All of this info that I know is from videos or information people told me.

6. No DLC/Past spotpass characters can support atm, unfortunately.

7. I'm pretty sure no.

Edited by Quick

1) Don't think so...

2) No. Weapon Saver is, as its name implies, for weapons only. (Stones? I'm not sure...)

3) Whenever you obtain the tome + funds, I guess.

4) Don't see why not.

5) It's x3. Always x3.

6) MU can't marry DLC characters, only main-game characters of the opposite sex. This included characters you recruited from Spotpass-obtained sidequests. (Paris, Valhart, Gangrel, Emmeryn, Inverse, and Renha.)

Edit: Ninja'd. :P

Edit 2: I forgot 7.

7) I think so... yes. As long as they're the same, that is. (You can't merge a forged Iron Sword with a non-forged one. If they're the same, however, I believe you can... or that's what I've read.)

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

Question: Is it possible to see the confessions from Avatar's S supports multiple times, or only just the one time it happens?

Only once when it happens until after finishing the game for the first time, then you get a staple feature of most of the series' late entries known as the Support Library unlocked in the Extras section of the Main Menu, which allows you to replay any support you had unlocked and it's the only way to see Chrom/Olivia's S-Support.

Can you interchange specialties (like vantage, wrath, nihil, etc) between characters like in Radiant Dawn? or are the characters stuck with what they have?

Each character actually has their own set of skills to unlock, through levelling up in classes. It's not the same system as Radiant Dawn.

Each character actually has their own set of skills to unlock, through levelling up in classes. It's not the same system as Radiant Dawn.

Are they character specific or class specific? If you change class, does your specialty skill change too? What are some examples of skills and what they do?

it's the only way to see Chrom/Olivia's S-Support.

Correction. You see it as a flashback after baby Lucina shows up in the beginning event of Chapter 12.

If your spouse dies, can you re-marry?

No. Your spouse uses a "retreat" quote for their death quote. Hell, all of the women with children associated do. They're plot unkillable even though you can't use them ever again in Classic.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Are they character specific or class specific? If you change class, does your specialty skill change too? What are some examples of skills and what they do?

Each character has their own unique set of classes to pick from. Three basic classes with two advanced classes each. Once you unlock them, you are free to equip them at any time, regardless of what class you are.

For specifics, just take a look at this: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html

Only once when it happens until after finishing the game for the first time, then you get a staple feature of most of the series' late entries known as the Support Library unlocked in the Extras section of the Main Menu, which allows you to replay any support you had unlocked and it's the only way to see Chrom/Olivia's S-Support.

So they're accessable through the support viewer? Thanks.

I think someone asked this but I'll ask again, Are there support limits? I heard you can have as many supports as you like but only one S support. Is this true?