"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to ask, is Donnel worth using? I'd like to at list marry him to someone to have the child inherit the Good Growths skill which is awesome, but apart from that, is he a good unit? His base stats seem horrible, but maybe his growths make up for it... Do they? It seems to me that he would make a fine hero, but I don't know, I've been told that he sucked. If I end up using him, do you recommand reaching lvl 15 before reclasssing, or do it as soon as I get a change seal?

Thanks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, quick minor story-related question: does Lon'qu have any connection whatsoever to Chon'sin - heritage, previous employment, anything at all? Considering the apostrophe used in his name is shared with both Chon'sin characters and the nation itself, I'm a little curious as to whether there may be some deeper reason for it, or if this may just mean they decided to do the apostrophe thing to all myrmidons or something (in which case suddenly I really want to know what they're going do for Eudes...)

Edited by Rhinocerocket

Okay, quick minor story-related question: does Lon'qu have any connection whatsoever to Chon'sin - heritage, previous employment, anything at all? Considering the apostrophe used in his name is shared with both Chon'sin characters and the nation itself, I'm a little curious as to whether there may be some deeper reason for it, or if this may just mean they decided to do the apostrophe thing to all myrmidons or something (in which case suddenly I really want to know what they're going do for Eudes...)

I dont think Wood will have a foreign name. He's Lissa's son, born in Ylisse probably, and has no connection to Chon'shin. As for Lon'qu, the official site says he's raised in Regna Ferox, but whether he was born there is beyond me. I'm not sure if a support covers this. If anything, his lineage should trace back to people in Chon'shin, or that's what NoA is sort of hinting towards. I'm just speculating though.

Nop, no imported/Streetpass Avatar's can marry or even support at all. Just like Spotpass/DLC units.

That's what I figured and was afraid of. Thanks. Now, back to planning Lucina's heritage so as to not hurt her stats while also making good use of the second Aether/Royal Weapon.

Two questions (one is a two-part): When can you register an Avatar in one save file to be imported into another save file? And in the second save file, when can you recruit them? (I'm guessing if this is one's goal, it's better not to level said Avatar so it'll be cheaper to recruit.)

I think that's in chapter 4 based on when most of the map features open up. It's not one of the features that only open up after finishing the game.

is the limit per save file?

Yes, each file can have 20 of them, so you can have 60 overall through three files.

can you replay DLC/spotpass missions as much as you want to recruit different characters (although that's not a great consolation since that means you'd be throwing away another DLC character instead of getting to train him/her up). is it sad that as i'm typing this i'm thinking to myself, "well, if i have to i can always just get multiple copies of the game ..." (that is, assuming that part of the save file is tied to the cartridge and not the 3DS itself.)

You can technically store the spotpass/DLC characters in the avatar compendium which has 99 slots, and get them from there next time if you want them to keep their levels and skills. The Avatar compendium also is shared between all 3 files, so you can import them to other files through that. They can cost quite a bit to be imported from there though if their level is high enough. More than recruiting them from the world map apparently.

You can have every character obtained by "normal" means AS WELL as 20 Spotpass/DLC units for each file. (This includes Side quest units)

Side-quest units are considered normal units, not Spotpass/DLC.

Edited by NeonZ

Side-quest units are considered normal units, not Spotpass/DLC.

I am aware of that, I was referring to the fact that they ARE normal units, I think I accidentally messed up with my wording. My apologies.

Even though my previous question remains unanswered, I have another one for you guys!

If a unit like a Battle Cleric or a Trickster just healed someone (while having a weapon in their inventory) and an ennemy attacks them, will they attack back like in FE9, or will the staff be considered as equipped and the unit will just take the damage and do nothing?

Thanks!

Even though my previous question remains unanswered, I have another one for you guys!

If a unit like a Battle Cleric or a Trickster just healed someone (while having a weapon in their inventory) and an ennemy attacks them, will they attack back like in FE9, or will the staff be considered as equipped and the unit will just take the damage and do nothing?

Thanks!

They keep their weapon equipped, like in every game other than FE10.

I've just gotta ask...

Who is "Holland, the enemy Villager"? From Selena's recruitment info.

Honestly, it's been bugging me for the longest time. Just a generic?

Who are you, Holland!?

Spoilers, just in case... not that Holland is all that important. Sort of like Jan, in FE7.

Pretty much Selena's working for the enemy in her chapter, IIRC. While she does plan on leaving, she wants to make sure Holland escapes with her. Why? Because Holland has a family.

Her whole chapter in terms of her character is her desperate to save Holland because she lost her parents, and doesn't want another family broken up.

So yeah, DO NOT GET HOLLAND KILLED. Selena even has really sad quote if he dies about how his wife and kids will never see him again.

I'm sorry but I've got another question : how do I get Chrom to marry Olivia?

/!\ Spoiler /!\ (I'm not sure how to mask spoilers :S)

Coz' Olivia is recruited in chapter 11, and Chrom's forced marriage happens at the end of this very same chapter. So how is it possible? Can you increase the support without going through the support conversations menu?

/!\ Spoiler /!\

Thanks again!

[spoiler]*insert content here*[/spoiler]

You keep all the other candidates away from him until Ch.11 (no Pairing Up and never adjacent), then keep Chrom and Olivia glued together for that chapter. Or at least a few turns while Chrom hits stuff. Should be enough.

Basically, you don't need to actually give them any support levels, just more support points together than with any of the other candidates. The support points are what build towards support levels; any support levels with Sully, Sumia, Maribelle, or female Avatar will trump that, so you'll need to have kept them all far away from Chrom up to that point to avoid that. It's worth noting that this is probably a near-futile endeavor if you go with a female Avatar on the higher difficulty levels, unless you have her marry someone else before that point.

You can technically store the spotpass/DLC characters in the avatar compendium which has 99 slots, and get them from there next time if you want them to keep their levels and skills. The Avatar compendium also is shared between all 3 files, so you can import them to other files through that. They can cost quite a bit to be imported from there though if their level is high enough. More than recruiting them from the world map apparently.

Is this seriously possible? blink.gif You can put DLC/SpotPass characters into the list manually? And they even keep levels/skills for recruitment in a diff file? Oh, so, do you have to pay to recruit them with that method, or can you fight them like normal SpotPass?

I guess I just don't understand this compendium concept yet... Need the game to see/experience how it works before things will truly make sense to me...

Another question:

How exactly, in detail, does Emmeryn survive that fall? Or is it even explained? I watched the cutscene that includes her speech/fall, and to me it seemed that Chrom was able to see her body on the ground at the end of it; the game just didn't show it out of decency, I figured.

In addition to that, what exactly are the character's reactions upon finding her to be alive again in that one side-chapter? (Or were they aware of it before then?)

I dont think Wood will have a foreign name. He's Lissa's son, born in Ylisse probably, and has no connection to Chon'shin. As for Lon'qu, the official site says he's raised in Regna Ferox, but whether he was born there is beyond me. I'm not sure if a support covers this. If anything, his lineage should trace back to people in Chon'shin, or that's what NoA is sort of hinting towards. I'm just speculating though.

Lon'qu was born in Chon'sin, yes. (I don't think this is really a spoiler, like how Zihark's actually a Daein.)

Just wanted to chime in that Lon'qu being born in Chon'sin sounded odd and not quite right to me, until I remembered that Cherche recognized Lon'qu in their supports together. Why? Cherche and Virion come from a kingdom that was conquered by Walhart, and Chon'sin was also conquered by Walhart, because both probably lie on the same continent (Valm). So it actually makes sense for me now as to how Lon'qu could be from Chon'sin and not from Ferox. Maybe Virion's kingdom and Chon'sin were neighbouring kingdoms or were close to each other?

Edited by Folt

Hey, this may have been asked before, but if it has I never noticed it :P

Anyways, I've been wondering about Dark Knights. Is there any particular reason to reclass a mage/Dmage to Dknight as opposed to Sage/Sorcerer? Aside from a movement bonus and the ability to use swords I haven't seen much incentive, but I'm probably missing some info.

So what do you guys say? Is the Dknight class worth it?

Ok, so if Dfliers and Valkyries classes are unavailable (My Avatar I'm planning will be male) what then? I guess what I'm trying to say is if I was choosing between Sage/Sorcerer/Dknight, would Dknight really stand as a good option to reclass to?