"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Can someone confirm... if two characters are doubled, and they stand next to two other doubled characters, do all four get support points?

Example, if I double Chrom and MU, and Lissa and Frederick, MU will get support points with Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick?

I didn't do the double-double, but I did have a doubled up pair standing next to another character, and all three got support points in the demo.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the topic of the marriages if you click the husband or wife box it actually says "marriage partner or life companion"

Does it? That's pretty cool. I wonder what it says if the Avatar marries a 2nd Gen.

Does it? That's pretty cool. I wonder what it says if the Avatar marries a 2nd Gen.

Same. The only way it'll look different is when Marc (Morgan) reaches S support with their uncle/aunt. To do this you'll have to give Lucina a male sibling (Brady or Azur/Inigo), have MU marry one of them and have Marc marry the other.

Same. The only way it'll look different is when Marc (Morgan) reaches S support with their uncle/aunt. To do this you'll have to give Lucina a male sibling (Brady or Azur/Inigo), have MU marry one of them and have Marc marry the other.

Wait, wasn't he saying that it differed between the First and Second generation? ie, paired First Gen's get Marriage Partner and paired Second Gen's get Life Companion?

Edited by Onestep

Wait, wasn't he saying that it differed between the First and Second generation? ie, paired First Gen's get Marriage Partner and paired Second Gen's get Life Companion?

No that's exactly what it says when I click on it on either my chrom or sumia who are married to each other

No that's exactly what it says when I click on it on either my chrom or sumia who are married to each other

Wait a second. It says both? As in, it literally says 'Marriage Partner or Life Companion' when you click on the Husband/Wife box, no matter who it is?

Well, I guess they just used the same description on Husband/Wife and Companion (don't know the exact wording; this will show up in the situation I mentioned above), and thus this weird description. This is what the Japanese version says exactly too, and it did puzzle me the first time I saw it. I just assumed it's because what's displayed as husband/wife may not really have married at the time story-wise (the S supports between children more of suggest them becoming lovers than getting married).

Does anyone know which of the countries from the Akaneia games make up the Ylissean ones? I would presume Plegia is Dolhur and Macedonia and Ylisse is Altea and Gra.

Sort of.

Ylisse is composed of what used to be Akaneia, Talys, and Pyrathi. Plegia with Medon, Dholuna, Grust, Altea, and Gra. And Ferox has Khadein, Aurelis, and the unnamed lands of the north/northeast.

Can you remove skills?

You can swap them out of a list of active and inactive skills, yes. I don't think they'll ever 'vanish' from the inactive list though.

Hypothetical situation. A character with Lightning Speed is paired with a unit without it. The unit with Lightning speed kills an enemy unit, but is heavily wounded in the process. Nevertheless, because they killed an enemy Lightning Speed activates.

Could that unit then go over to another enemy and swap to the paired character who doesn't have Lightning Speed to let him attack instead?

Sort of.

Ylisse is composed of what used to be Akaneia, Talys, and Pyrathi. Plegia with Medon, Dholuna, Grust, Altea, and Gra. And Ferox has Khadein, Aurelis, and the unnamed lands of the north/northeast.

That's a little bit ironic, don't you think?

Sort of.

Thank you. I haven't found a good map of Akaneia yet so know this is useful indeed.

You can swap them out of a list of active and inactive skills, yes. I don't think they'll ever 'vanish' from the inactive list though.

Hypothetical situation. A character with Lightning Speed is paired with a unit without it. The unit with Lightning speed kills an enemy unit, but is heavily wounded in the process. Nevertheless, because they killed an enemy Lightning Speed activates.

Could that unit then go over to another enemy and swap to the paired character who doesn't have Lightning Speed to let him attack instead?

Yes they can, and it cause some amazing pairing ideas too.

Thank you. I haven't found a good map of Akaneia yet so know this is useful indeed.

This site has some good maps. Just go to the main page, go into either of the Akaneian games sections, and there should be a World Map option in there.

Do the DLCs tell you or give you hints that certain characters will trigger certain conversations? Or is it all trial and error?

Dunno if people missed this question but I'll post it again.

Also, I'm pretty sure this has been asked but do Cry skills affect the inactive partner when the said unit is doubled with another unit? Say I double Chrom/MU and someone activates Speed Cry. Do both get the Speed boost?

Do the DLCs tell you or give you hints that certain characters will trigger certain conversations? Or is it all trial and error?

Trial and error.

Or use online guides X D

EDIT

This site has some good maps. Just go to the main page, go into either of the Akaneian games sections, and there should be a World Map option in there.

That reminds me, FE1 is missing a world map, but FE3/11/12 do indeed have a world map page.

Edited by VincentASM