"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

I can't get used to the English names, argh. Have to check the name chart every time.

I'm so used to the Kanji and the Fan English names. I doubt I'll ever stop using the name chart too >_>;

僕の息子をイニゴと呼ぶことができないぞ。

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get used to the English names, argh. Have to check the name chart every time.

HP restoring skills don't activate for backup units. Stat-changing skills (like Veteran, Magic+2 and Anathema) do, however. Armsthrift does activate, but not any of the occult skills.

Are you sure on that I seem to recall getting an aether activation while being the support. I'll have to watch for it in the future it may have simply been a crit...

Are there Hard Mode stat bonuses for enemy recruits?

Does Hard Mode have reduced EXP or money?

Yes to the first one. Dunno on the second one, but I'm assuming yes to reduced EXP.

Hard mode and higher has stat bonuses for ALL recruits, not just enemies, so everyone who joins will always be strong enough to be functional.

Money is tighter in hard mode because you cannot make positive cash flow out of Reeking boxes, since the boxes cost 4800 gold in Hard mode. In normal mode, the boxes are 500g and will always net you at least one bullion (s). You'll also generally eat up more supplies on the tougher enemies. Exp is definitely reduced for healers but rather than taking a direct exp earning penalty, your internal levels will stack higher and make it harder to earn exp over a long period of time as you go through more and more reclassing.

Actually Hard only gives stat bonuses to characters joining after Gregor and Nowi. Lunatic gives stat boosters to everyone after Cordelia(so including Gregor and Nowi). Anyone before that should have the same stats they always have.

Just to make sure I've got this whole 'internal levels' thing down right:

Internal level is the total count of times a unit has leveled up.

The higher a unit's internal level, the less EXP they gain.

After they reach a certain internal level, the EXP they gain stops going down.

That level is higher in harder modes, so, as an example, in Normal Mode you'd get 15 EXP at internal level 40 and it'd stay at 15 forever, but in Hard Mode you'd get 15 at 40, 14 at 41, 13 at 42 and so on until level 50. In Lunatic it'd keep going down even after 50.

Right?

Edited by The Awesomest

More precisely, internal level is more than just a total. The invisible part of the internal level will start at 0 and raise by Floor[(Level-1)/2] whenever a Second Seal is used.

While the invisible part of the internal level will not drop, visible level will. Therefore, if you are at, say, internal level 60 (invisible 20 [maxed], visible 40) at Normal, you can reclass and change your internal level to 41 (invisible 20, visible 21).

The invisble level stops at 20, 30, 50 and 50 respectively for the four difficulties. Total internal level (for EXP calculation purpose) will max at, therefore, 60, 70 or 90, which are the invisible level cap plus visible level cap (40, obviously).

You're right conceptually (that the EXP gain will eventually stop decreasing), but the actual numbers aren't quite there.

By the way, you get at least 1 EXP for damaging, 7 EXP for killing (effectively 7+1=8, since calculation-wise both damage and kill EXP are obtained for a kill) and 1 EXP for basic Heal staff use. With Elite, you are guaranteed to get 8 level ups if you solo one of the versus-50 DLC maps (and not die, of course). 12 level ups if you pair that with Veteran.

When you recruit children characters are they always level 10 unpromoted?

The childrens' actual base stats = [(mother's current stats - mother's class base stats) + (father's current stats - father's class base stats) + child's absolute base stats] / 3 + child's class base stats

If this calculation is true we could have level 10 units with really high starting stats.

When you recruit children characters are they always level 10 unpromoted?
Yes, this is the case.
If this calculation is true we could have level 10 units with really high starting stats.
Yes, but if you're aiming for getting all skills for all available classes, you don't really need to do that. After that many reclassing, the children will eventually max out lots of sats anyway. It's rather easy to raise them to max all stats for all classes, compared to the parents.

It's true.

AzureLightningSpeedInherited.png

But there's really no point again, as nocturnal YL says:

Yes, but if you're aiming for getting all skills for all available classes, you don't really need to do that. After that many reclassing, the children will eventually max out lots of stats anyway. It's rather easy to raise them to max all stats for all classes, compared to the parents.

Question about the internal level cap and EXP formula. By taking both into consideration(not that we have a choice), are there enemy like bosses and/or classes when defeated will always yield one level up(or a lot of EXP)?

Also, how do already promoted units(like Frederick) work in this case? Does he already have an internal cap set to him or does he have that in addition to the promoted units' EXP formula or are they the same thing because I feel like they overlap.

Edited by MagicLugh

If you're in Lunatic, then no. There is no way a level 90 unit can get a full level up by defeating a level 40 boss unit. Not sure about Normal, but I imagine that's a no too, at least withoiut Elite.

Prepromotes do not start with any invisible level. They're the same as the other units, starting with whatever you see (21 for Frederick, for example) as their level. It's only when you use Second Seals that they start gaining invisible levels.

Edited by nocturnal YL