"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

FoDLunatic4.png

It's as they say on DLC.

Holy crap! And that's an illegal forge too! But that's to be expected.

Also, I suppose it wasn't said, but promoted enemies can have skills from either of their unpromoted classes, which means you can see stuff like a Bow Knight with Patience or a War Monk with Resistance +2 (which is totes illegal you know).

Edited by Levant Fortner

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. You can have thousands of items in it and nothing will go wrong, due to the different way the FE13 convoy works.

Thanks for the clarification ! My convoy was always full around the last tier of the game (although I just had to get rid of Axes because my only axe-users were Hector and Raven).

I want to ask something about internal levels because I didn't get it all.

Let's say I'm in hard mode and I want to train DLC!Marth (not used to say that...) for my post-game team. If I reclass him to a Merc (for armthrift) when he's at Level 10 Lodestar. I then go like that : 10 Merc -> 15 Hero-> 15 Griffon. Then, at Level 15, I choose to reclass him to Lodestar. Then what's his internal levels at Level 1 Lodestar ?

Also, I know it may sound silly (sorry if it is...), but what difficulty does that screenshot correspond to ? (Wait, did I formulate that right ?)

Thanks for the clarification ! My convoy was always full around the last tier of the game (although I just had to get rid of Axes because my only axe-users were Hector and Raven).

Let's say I'm in hard mode and I want to train DLC!Marth (not used to say that...) for my post-game team. If I reclass him to a Merc (for armthrift) when he's at Level 10 Lodestar. I then go like that : 10 Merc -> 15 Hero-> 15 Griffon. Then, at Level 15, I choose to reclass him to Lodestar. Then what's his internal levels at Level 1 Lodestar ?

Also, I know it may sound silly (sorry if it is...), but what difficulty does that screenshot correspond to ? (Wait, did I formulate that right ?)

Not answering the internal level stuff since it just seems to go over my head. But that screenshot is from Lunatic mode.

Class                  Visible level     Invisible level        Internal level
-------------------    ---------------   --------------------   --------------
8 Lodestar                   8                            0      8 +  0 =  8
10 Lodestar                  10                            0     10 +  0 = 10
1 Mercenary                  1            0 + (10-1)/2 =  4      1 +  4 =  5
10 Mercenary                 10                            4     10 +  4 = 14
1 Hero                      21                            4     21 +  4 = 25
15 Hero                      35                            4     35 +  4 = 39
1 Griffon Knight            21            4 + (35-1)/2 = 21     21 + 21 = 42
15 Griffon Knight            35                           21     35 + 21 = 56
1 Lodestar                   1           21 + (35-1)/2 = 38      1 + 38 = 39

As a level 1 Lodestar, DLC Marth after following your route will be treated as a level 39 unit on Lunatic, level 31 on Hard and level 21 on Normal.

So let's say that I go to Swordy 15 after 15 Griffon and before 1 Lodestar. If I get this right, he should be treated as a level 54 unit on lunatic ? Then what about the other modes ?

This is so complicated or maybe it's just me

@Levant : Thanks. Against a team like that, you'd should better be prepared ^^'

Also, just a random question : What is the maximum number of characters you're allowed to bring in the last(s) chapter(s) (well, I think it's 16 for last, but what about the ones before) ? And in the FoD DLC ?

Thanks!

It took me a while to get my head around internal levels and then even longer to write coherently about them X D

Actually, while I'm here, does this section look OK?

Calculations seem good. But maybe word the part about exp not decreasing once you cap differently?

Even if you capped internal level you will still get regular levels on top of them. So your exp gain will fluctuate between 21 and 59 on normal depending on how you reclass and such.

Or to be more clear, because your internal level is capped you will always count as atleast level 21 (on normal) when you reclass. But as you level you can get up to level 59's speed of exp gain.

I'm not sure how you can word it so it becomes clear though. Hope you understand what i mean.

Edited by Deshiva

So let's say that I go to Swordy 15 after 15 Griffon and before 1 Lodestar. If I get this right, he should be treated as a level 54 unit on lunatic ? Then what about the other modes ?

This is so complicated or maybe it's just me

I assume that you mean you want to go through one more class. That will add 17 to the hidden level, but since invisible level caps at 50 (Lunatic), 30 (Hard) or 20 (Normal), that will result in Level 1 Lodestar Marth with internal level 51 on Lunatic, level 31 on Hard or level 21 on Normal.

The key to doing this sort of calculation is to track the visible and invisible levels seperately. It's the sort of calculation that's easy for computers to do but will confuse some people.

Also, just a random question : What is the maximum number of characters you're allowed to bring in the last(s) chapter(s) (well, I think it's 16 for last, but what about the ones before) ? And in the FoD DLC ?

Othin has answered this question many, many times over. In most late-game chapters, you get to bring 15 units (Chrom + 14). Ike's DLC chapter and the Ultimate DLC allow for 20 units, and Priam's chapter allows for 30 (not that you actually need that many). FoD1 and FoD3 allow Chrom + 13, and FoD2 allows Chrom + 11.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Priam's chapter allows for 30 (not that you actually need that many).

Holy crap! The most units I've ever seen deployable in a FE game (FE4 excluded since you could field everyone) was 19.

I assume that you mean you want to go through one more class. That will add 17 to the hidden level, but since invisible level caps at 50 (Lunatic), 30 (Hard) or 20 (Normal), that will result in Level 1 Lodestar Marth with internal level 51 on Lunatic, level 31 on Hard or level 21 on Normal.

The key to doing this sort of calculation is to track the visible and invisible levels seperately. It's the sort of calculation that's easy for computers to do but will confuse some people.

Is there a specific formula for invisible levels ? From what you've told me, I noticed it would something like :

Previous internal + (Visible level - 1) / 2.

I based this on the reclassing from Lodestar to Mercenary, btw...

Othin has answered this question many, many times over. In most late-game chapters, you get to bring 15 units (Chrom + 14). Ike's DLC chapter and the Ultimate DLC allow for 20 units, and Priam's chapter allows for 30 (not that you actually need that many). FoD1 and FoD3 allow Chrom + 13, and FoD2 allows Chrom + 11.

Whoah. Then I guess that no matter what, I will never be able to bring all the characters I want to every chapter. Well, that's kind of a shame, but at least, my team will change from time to time.

Sorry if the questions I ask have answered before, but I didn't really know where to look for (considering the number of pages).... unsure.gif

Holy crap! The most units I've ever seen deployable in a FE game (FE4 excluded since you could field everyone) was 19.

The maximum units deployable in FE4 is 24, because that's the number of units you have per generation. FE13 still wins, even though it's impractical.

Is there a specific formula for invisible levels ? From what you've told me, I noticed it would something like :

Previous internal + (Visible level - 1) / 2.

I based this on the reclassing from Lodestar to Mercenary, btw...

Oh, désolé. I thought you already know the formula, that's why I never thought about explaining. There's a section for calculating internal levels here.

And yes, the formula you derived is correct.

Whoah. Then I guess that no matter what, I will never be able to bring all the characters I want to every chapter. Well, that's kind of a shame, but at least, my team will change from time to time.

Sorry if the questions I ask have answered before, but I didn't really know where to look for (considering the number of pages).... unsure.gif

You may never bring all units in a single setting, but it doesn't bother me a bit. Given the replayability of the DLC chapters and world map encounters, you can just bring out the different units you feel like using in different sittings.

And it's alright. This thread has lots of other repeated questions anyway.

Edited by nocturnal YL

The maximum units deployable in FE4 is 24, because that's the number of units you have per generation. FE13 still wins, even though it's impractical.

yeah he knows

(is the map with 19 units FE9's chapter 26, the one with Bertram?)

this won't matter for several months, but is it just me or are the enemies on the regular route of the final DLC......rather underwhelming for being POWERFUL BEYOND LIMIT (says the description)

edit: really now, +10 str/mag/skl (+25 for bosses)and +5 spd (+15 for bosses, along with +15 lck/def/res) on their caps for regular enemies is.......not cutting it

obligatory FE8 themes suck

Edited by shadykid

this won't matter for several months, but is it just me or are the enemies on the regular route of the final DLC......rather underwhelming for being POWERFUL BEYOND LIMIT (says the description)

edit: really now, +10 str/mag/skl (+25 for bosses)and +5 spd (+15 for bosses, along with +15 lck/def/res) on their caps for regular enemies is.......not cutting it

obligatory FE8 themes suck

Enemies having +15 advantages on cap stats aren't powerful? Come on. Maybe your team is better, but you also get to have less vacant skill slots (Limit Break took one) and less available skills (Counter and Lethality won't work). Not to mention the later ones have powerful skills and every enemy has effectively more than twice the HP as you do due to the (I can't believe I need the name chart even now) Dragonskin skill. They may not kill you in one hit, but them being hard to kill (Dragonskin and Renewal in some enemies) is a threat on its own.

Besides, they can't be TOO powerful. Are you expecting enemies with 99 in all stats? If they're better than you even after you pair up, rally and use potions, that chapter will be too risky. Very few people will want to play it under permadeath setting with enemies like those.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Enemies having +15 advantages on cap stats aren't powerful? Come on. Maybe your team is better, but you also get to have less vacant skill slots (Limit Break took one) and less available skills (Counter and Lethality won't work). Not to mention the later ones have powerful skills and every enemy has effectively more than twice the HP as you do due to the (I can't believe I need the name chart even now) Dragonskin skill. They may not kill you in one hit, but them being hard to kill (Dragonskin and Renewal in some enemies) is a threat on its own.

Besides, they can't be TOO powerful. Are you expecting enemies with 99 in all stats? If they're better than you even after you pair up, rally and use potions, that chapter will be too risky. Very few people will want to play it under permadeath setting with enemies like those.

while the final regular wave does (somewhat) fix this, it's not actually hard if your stats w/ Limit Break BEFORE any other buffs are higher than the generics (tl;dr version: first 4 waves on normal route are too easy)

as for Galeforce and Olivia, kill some scrub-->activate Galeforce--->dance for someone else---->give said unit a potential 3rd turn (after already using Galeforce themselves lol)

Edited by shadykid

Okay. It doesn't seem that special sttack skills (Sol, Luna, etc.) don't activate when the skill is in the backup unit's skill set. But what about if the skill is on a weapon? Like say if I give Virion the Star Bow (my nickname for the Astra bow), and he's paired up with another unit like Frederick, would he be able to activate Astra while being Frederick's back-up? Or would he need to be the main attacker like with anyone with a special skill?

Is it true there's a limit on how many forges you can have?

what?

doubt it, your inventory is unlimited after all

Actually, considering forges take a slot instead of stacking, maybe. But I have a ton so it probably isn't a big deal anyway.

maybe if you somehow forge enough to crash the game or eat up all the memory cool.gif

Edited by shadykid

Okay. It doesn't seem that special sttack skills (Sol, Luna, etc.) don't activate when the skill is in the backup unit's skill set. But what about if the skill is on a weapon? Like say if I give Virion the Star Bow (my nickname for the Astra bow), and he's paired up with another unit like Frederick, would he be able to activate Astra while being Frederick's back-up? Or would he need to be the main attacker like with anyone with a special skill?

It still won't activate for the backup attacker.

Is it true there's a limit on how many forges you can have?

Yes. You can have up to 51 custom weapons. Attempting to make a 52nd will make the game show a message saying you can't forge any more.

Does Galeforce work on Olivia?

I think this will pretty much answer your question:

If you mean practicality? Yes. She can Galeforce and then dance for someone else.

Edited by shadowofchaos