"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

No, it depends on the character and the support rank.

If you don't want to waste seeds, only use seeds to gain support points and they'll become greyed out (as in you can't use them) once you've hit the support cap. Or rule of thumb: most pairs require at least 3-4 seeds, so maybe stop at that number?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, supports increase at a very fast rate. You only need 4 paired up battles to max out how many points you can gain in one chapter (only 3 if you proc a few dual strikes/guards), and only need 1-2 chapters per support (for the data I've seen so far, at least). Note Seeds of Trust do break that limit, which can be useful.

I'm actually trying to get the child characters of some of the units I haven't used on my main file so I don't really want to battle with them since they're on low levels and in risk of dying on pretty much any chapter I'd bother with.

Oh yeah, battles are definitely the way to go, if you can. Seeds aren't nearly as effective as they sound (minus the ability to break the map limit).

Have you tried summoning a really weak SpotPass team? Or are you playing on Lunatic mode?

There's also EXPonential Growth if you want to train the children and gain supports at the same time.

I'm actually trying to get the child characters of some of the units I haven't used on my main file so I don't really want to battle with them since they're on low levels and in risk of dying on pretty much any chapter I'd bother with.

For pretty much every unit but Miriel, Ricken and Vaike, pair them up with Frederick and run through Edward (Radiant Dawn) a couple of times. Then have them do it a 8ish times with the unit they're marrying. Unless you're doing Mirel x Ricken/Vaike, this should work.

so if you don't have any DLC at all, can you even grind on Lunatic/Lunatic+? (hypothetically)

However, it's more like trading in your weapons for EXP rather than grinding.

Some people have in the beginning chapters. After a certain point, they're all maxed out, which makes it impossible without Rally skills to break the caps.

I am not one of those people.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I agree with VASM, unless you're on Lunatic, they should be able to handle things like Mist or Florina's teams, with a little help. They don't even need to kill much stuff, just get attacked and survive 4 times and bam, half way to a support. And since they should level up a little, that'll let them survive a little easier AND train the kids a little at the same time.

However, it's more like trading in your weapons for EXP rather than grinding.

Some people have in the beginning chapters. After a certain point, they're all maxed out, which makes it impossible without Rally skills to break the caps.

I am not one of those people.

so unless you're willing to do it 1 EXP at a time, Lunatic doesn't really have grinding outside of DLC huh

haha dirty poors, take that

so unless you're willing to do it 1 EXP at a time, Lunatic doesn't really have grinding outside of DLC huh

haha dirty poors, take that

You're gonna run out of weapons by that time... and eventually money.

Chrom is probably the only one that can grind early game without skirmishes.

Edited by shadowofchaos

....that's what I said

In what way? You made a comment about being able to grind Lunatic if you can tolerate getting 1 EXP per enemy and how that screws over people without DLC. He noted that money is therefore a limiting factor on your grinding. Those two don't sound at all related.

In what way? You made a comment about being able to grind Lunatic if you can tolerate getting 1 EXP per enemy and how that screws over people without DLC. He noted that money is therefore a limiting factor on your grinding. Those two don't sound at all related.

1 EXP at a time for a (very) limited period of time

anyway, what's the one weapon you guys can just never get from Infinite Regalia?

I'm sure this has been asked... but... I'm a noob and I'm going to ask anyway.

I'm thinking of starting my first Lunatic run and of course, I'm looking for advice. Should I keep units tightly together and play defense? Also, would it be easy to grind on DLC?

Edited by Mac of York

I don't know if this already known but...

Does Thief/Assassin/Trickster gives an extra boost like in the older games ?

What kind of boost?

They are worth more Exp than normal enemies, if that's what you were wondering about. I want to say it's a flat +20 bonus, but I'm not quite sure.

How rare are class changing items? I only have one second seal and one master seal so I don't want to use them unless I know I can find more easily.

How rare are class changing items? I only have one second seal and one master seal so I don't want to use them unless I know I can find more easily.

lol

You can get both from main story Chapter shops, eventually, upon completing Chapter 16

What kind of boost?

They are worth more Exp than normal enemies, if that's what you were wondering about. I want to say it's a flat +20 bonus, but I'm not quite sure.

That's what I wanted to know, thanks !

Another question... Does the colour of the HP bars have a special meaning ? They are Blue/Red/Orange/Green, but I don't seems to see any differences...

That's what I wanted to know, thanks !

Another question... Does the colour of the HP bars have a special meaning ? They are Blue/Red/Orange/Green, but I don't seems to see any differences...

The colours of the mini HP bars in the map are gradients. The right side reflects the 10s digit of the character, and the left shows which side they're on.

On the right (health) side, 0~19 HP would be red, 20~29 would be orange, 30~39 green, 40~49 cyan, 50~59 blue, and 60~69 dark blue, and 70~80 a darker blue. The first five are there in FE11 and FE12 too, and FE13 has added more colours to cater for a wider HP range.

The left (allegiance) side is more obvious. Blue would be player units, red would be enemy units, and green would be NPCs, just like the colours of the units.

What is the difference between Prince Marth and Hero King Marth and is Prince Marth DLC the same as Sport Pass Prince Marth?

The only real difference between Prince Marth and King Marth is the skills they have, and ditto for DLC Marth and Spotpass Prince Marth. (I'll also note that Prince Marth and King Marth have different assets and flaws)

Which reminds me... On the subject of DLC characters, do they join with the same stats regardless of difficulty or not?