"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

If the DLC episodes do come to Europe and the US, how much do you think they'll cost? Will the price be based on difficulty or what kind of episode each one happens to be, like Summer of Bonds? There's been DLC for other games so I was just wondering. I realize this is kinda hard to perdict, but an estimate would be nice if possible.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you convert it directly from yen to dollars, they're about $2.50 to $4.50 each.

However, other systems, for example MSP (Microsoft's XBox points), tend to use a simple 100yen = 1 dollar scheme (even though one dollar right now is about 80-85 yen), which would reduce it to $2.00 to $4.00. Nintendo hasn't done DLC before, so we really don't know how they'll do it. Gaming tends to be more expensive in Japan than in the US, so it will probably be less than the direct conversion, but we'll see.

I'm going to agree with L95 and say they will be similarly priced. I do hope they lower the price of the series 1 DLC, though. 400 yen for a skill and a past game map, or 250 yen for a story-oriented chapter or a tailored-for-FE13, challenging map? Come on.

The physical maps may be taken from past games, but the actual chapters have the enemies as a much larger component, which are new in every DLC.

Is there any way to get a "bad ending" in Awakening?, because I heard that in FE12 you could get one if you didn't collect enough spheres or if you played on Casual mode.

No. There's multiple endings, but they are both pretty positive.

Krom doesn't auto-promote. He promotes whenever you damn well please! It's awesome! Lucina is exactly the same way; no auto-promote, just use a master or change seal whenever she hits Level 10+ and she promotes/changes class.

FE13 has a "good ending" and a "bittersweet ending", but you get that option at the end of the game.

Edited by Lord Raven

What's the name of the metallic skirt Liz/Lissa wears under her dress? I know it was mentioned in another thread, but I can't find it.

Edited by Jave

What's the name of the metallic skirt Liz/Lissa wears under her dress? I know it was mentioned in another thread, but I can't find it.

Hoop skirt? Maybe someone else knows a more accurate term, but that's what I called it when I made mine...

Do the healing formulas work essentially the same way as FE12, or is it different this time around?

I'm pretty sure it's like FE12

I've always wondered about this, but it's kind of simple; do the Cry skills affect the caster and his/her dual partner?

No

One question. Let's say you have two copies of Awakening (say, one cartridge and one download), but bought all the DLC on just one of them. Would the DLC be playable on both games, since the DLC is saved to the system itself? Or would it be locked to that one game (meaning that if you wanted DLC for both of them, you'd have to buy two of each DLC)? I'm assuming that the former is right, since the save destination of the DLC is not the cartridge, but the SD card.

I have a question about branched promotions. If I promote to one class, can I still access the other? For example, if I promoted Sumia to Falcon Knight, could I still reclass her to Dark Pegasus?

^ Yeah. But you'll have to use a Change Seal, and reach at least level 10 displayed.

One question. Let's say you have two copies of Awakening (say, one cartridge and one download), but bought all the DLC on just one of them. Would the DLC be playable on both games, since the DLC is saved to the system itself? Or would it be locked to that one game (meaning that if you wanted DLC for both of them, you'd have to buy two of each DLC)? I'm assuming that the former is right, since the save destination of the DLC is not the cartridge, but the SD card.

Assuming the same applies to any downloaded game, yes. Edited by Little Al

Hey, I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm not going to read through all 58 pages. Since you can replay DLC maps, can't you get unlimited of the Bride's boutique and the thing that makes you a demon fighter or is this limited? Can you have a whole army of Demon fighters?

Hey, I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm not going to read through all 58 pages. Since you can replay DLC maps, can't you get unlimited of the Bride's boutique and the thing that makes you a demon fighter or is this limited? Can you have a whole army of Demon fighters?

>Search, This Topic, "bride"

Yup, seems you can.

Assuming the same applies to any downloaded game, yes.

You buy DLC once, and then it's replayable on all copies of Awakening? So... if my, say, friend has Awakening, but doesn't want to spend the money on the DLC, then does that mean that he could just put the cartridge in my 3DS (assuming I bought all the DLC), play all the DLC chapters, and walk away? Doesn't that make sharing too easy? (I don't mind, but I thought sharing all that stuff was supposed to be hard... or impossible.) It's basically like getting DLC for free... Sure, he won't have constant access to the DLC, but he can get it without paying... assuming that one purchase of the DLC allows usage between multiple copies of the game, that is.

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

Uh, can you think of an example of DLC where letting someone borrow the system and create a new save file doesn't work? And there they don't even have to pay for a second copy of the game.

Huh? The DLC is on the system. If you put cartridges into other systems, it asks you to fix the SD card settings according to the system save file. And if you put it back on the system WITH DLC, it asks you to fix it again.

I don't see why using two different cartridges on a 3DS with the DLC will prevent you from playing it on one of the cartridges, nor will you letting someone borrow the system for the DLC and letting them start a new save file on there will prevent them from accessing the content in the other-world gate on that file.

@CinderSkye

...You know what I meant. *-*

Yes, of course, they can do that (<- what you suggested), but that's not what I wanted to know. I wanted to know whether it's possible or not, not whether what's practical or not. It was an "if" question, not a "what should I do?" question or a "what's better/more ideal/practical?" question...

Anyway, is that a yes? Is it possible?

(Just asking, here...)

Edit: @shadowofchaos

Oh, that clears it up. So basically, you can't share the DLC, since it's locked onto the 3DS. I get it now. Thanks.

(^Is that supposed to be a drawing of Olivia?)

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever