"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Because he and her can have the C Support, no other girl can get above that amount besides from getting that C Support. And because Chrom and Olivia can't actually get their C Support conversation, and only get the amount required, he won't marry Olivia, due to the priority system.

Okay... This may be a little problematic. Well, at least Olivia's above FeMU.

I'll just keep all other women far, far away from Krom.

Thanks!

Oh, and one more stupid question.

For things like birthdays, does Awakening have it's own internal calendar or does it use a real life calendar (whatever's set on your DS)?

In other words, does it work like, moving from Point A to Point B is one day or twenty-four hours is one day?

Real-time Calendar: the System is an expansion of FE12's "How's Everyone" one, with Birthday events counting as a separate Character event once the 3DS Clock hits the date.

You mean 3DS eShop points cards? I've seen them all over the place. WalMart, Gamestop, etc.

But yeah, Gamestop definitely.

I'm pretty sure that fe13 uses the user eShop account for purchases, anyway.

Yeah, that's what I meant. These cards work like gift cards, right? Or is there be something I should know about before using them?

Weapon Saver's activation rate is luck*2, right? Well, that means that if your luck is at least 50, it should always activate, right? In which case, you can use a legendary weapon without end, right? Or does it only activate when you attack? It seems to broken if any weapon has infinite uses...

Also, about Limit Breaker...

The +10 for each cap - does it go away if you take away the skill?

Weapon Saver's activation rate is luck*2, right? Well, that means that if your luck is at least 50, it should always activate, right? In which case, you can use a legendary weapon without end, right? Or does it only activate when you attack? It seems to broken if any weapon has infinite uses...

Talking about Weapon Saver, does it work with Staves ? Because if that's the case, and if the answer for the quote is positive, then wouldn't that be broken with Goddess Staff ? o_O

If a character with Lightning Speed is Doubled with another character who doesn't have Lightning Speed, and that character kills the enemy, does Lightning Speed trigger?

Say, Serena was doubled with Jerome. And Jerome advances five squares and kills a mook in a critical on his first blow. Would Serena's Lightning Speed activate?

Edited by Onestep

Also, about Limit Breaker...

The +10 for each cap - does it go away if you take away the skill?

If you have 50 luck, your weapon never breaks, no matter the condition. It works for units supporting from the back, and it works for all weapons. If said weapon is a forged Inverse's Darkness tome, it's going to be really, really broken. Most legendary weapons are regarded as inferior to forged high0ranking weapons, by the way.

Of course the cap will revert if you remove the skill. The internal data for your stat additions is still there, so if you put Limit Breaker back, you don't have to grind again to reach the higher caps, if aplicable.

Talking about Weapon Saver, does it work with Staves ? Because if that's the case, and if the answer for the quote is positive, then wouldn't that be broken with Goddess Staff ? o_O

It doesn't work for staves.

If a character with Lightning Speed is Doubled with another character who doesn't have Lightning Speed, and that character kills the enemy, does Lightning Speed trigger?

Say, Serena was doubled with Jerome. And Jerome advances five squares and kills a mook in a critical on his first blow. Would Serena's Lightning Speed activate?

No. Lightning Speed activates only for front units.

Thanks for the answer! One (more) quick question: If a unit with a two range weapon is partnered with a unit with a 1 range weapon, can Dual Attack still trigger if the two range weapon character attacks from outside what would normally be the range of his partner's weapon? ie two spaces.

And also (I have to stop doing this) can skills trigger on Dual Attacks? And does the Dual Attack take advantage of a weapons Unique properties, like a Brave Blade's double attack?

Edited by Onestep

Thanks for the answer! One (more) quick question: If a unit with a two range weapon is partnered with a unit with a 1 range weapon, can Dual Attack still trigger if the two range weapon character attacks from outside what would normally be the range of his partner's weapon? ie two spaces.

And also (I have to stop doing this) can skills trigger on Dual Attacks? And does the Dual Attack take advantage of a weapons Unique properties, like a Brave Blade's double attack?

Yes so an Archer can Dual attack alongside a Melee unit's regular attack. Dual Attacks don't activate skills(except Weapon Saver), however on the plus side Dual Attacks bypass the enemies Counter,Holy Shield,Great Shield and do take into account weapon properties(like Brave).

How is

Gangrel

as a unit?

He's restricted to endgame, but he's pretty good while he's around. Nothing too special, though - not like most of the other secret characters, such as Paris with his 40+ bases in everything.

Building on my last question, should he just stay in his starting class, or are there classes he can do just as well in (or better) among his reclass options?

And should I just keep him in his starting class in Lunatic/Insane Mode?

I've read most of this thread and all my questions have been answered for the most part so thank you to all that contributed.

I just want to make sure I understand some things.

About Limit Breaker,

Lets say I have a lv20 Swordmaster who's skill has been maxed out since lv15. If I'm understanding this correctly, the game keeps track of all the stats he would have gotten if it was not for the cap, right? So at lv20 if I use Limit Breaker then his skill would go up the amount he has gained since he hit the cap?

Speaking of stats lets say that that same lv20 Swordmaster has not maxed out all his stats yet. From what I understand I can use a Change Seal back to a lv1 Swordmaster and his stats will stay the same except he can level up his non maxed stats albeit at a slower rate due to the internal levels, correct? So basically if my unit's stats are not maxed out by 20 I can Change Seal back to the same class to continue level up?

Regarding DLC,

I'm planning on getting the FE 3DS bundle and the physical copy (so I'll have 2 games, 1 digital 1 physical, mainly for more save files and I want an actual physical copy) so since the DLC saves to the SD card I can pull it up through both games, right? I know this has been discussed before but I just want to double check it will work for both digital and physical on the same 3DS.

Also, I'm about 90% sure I've read this somewhere but I can't find it again so I'll ask,

Can the children be recruited at any time? Like if I want to recruit Selena but I haven't gotten the parent's skills that I want her to inherit yet, can I come back later to recruit her?

Edited by Kilo Juliett

1) No. Stats can't increase when capped; it's just that if a stat gets reduced by a lowered cap, the game remembers the increase above the cap. So if a character caps Skl at say 47 as a Swordmaster, then stays as a Swordmaster and keeps gaining levels, then even when you equip Limit Breaker, their Skl will still initially be set at 47. But if you equip Limit Breaker, level them up a ton more to get to 57 Skl, then remove Limit Breaker, knocking it back down to 47, the game will remember that it "should" be 57 and set it back to 57 if you put the skill back.

2) Yes, you can get infinite levels that way. And eventually the Exp gains level out, although on Insane they'll be pathetic by that point since the internal levels cap at 50, so even a LV1 promoted character will be counted as LV71.

3) Not sure. I think so? I don't want to assume since I don't know how 3DS data works.

4) Yes, you can wait as long as you want to do sidequests.

Edited by Othin

And does the Dual Attack take advantage of a weapons Unique properties, like a Brave Blade's double attack?

If you have two partners both using Brave weapons and all dual attacks trigger, attacks will happen in this sequence:

A, B, B, A, B, B, enemy, A, B, B, A, B, B

A will attack 4 times, which is normal. Each attack will trigger a dual attack, which will happen twice because B also has a Brave weapon. A total of 12 attacks can be made. This makes later Dual Tag matches much more bearable.