Super Smash Bros Universe Mafia

Kaoz

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I have that many votes?

Is nobody actually thinking this through? What, do you think I decided to just join the game, act like I'm not paying attention, and then try and get someone who doesn't even make sense for the mafia to want dead lynched? You know we've mislynched twice already. I dunno why it was on day 1, but day 3 was just because you thought the claim was unbelievable. I have to admit, I made the same mistake.

I'll just leave my defence at this:

Fakeclaiming tracker is stupid unless you're actually a mafia tracker.

Shinori was by no means a sensible target for mafia

The only major argument against me is that my claim seems unbelievable because there are too many investigative roles

All of these add up to a mafia-led wagon to deplete the town of one of it's last investigative roles. Shinori was dead the moment I tracked him, taking me down ASAP is the most sensible thing they can do.

Here's the real thing. I kept part of it secret to make myself a less important mafia target.

You know, if you revealed that earlier, I would have tried to lynch I eat tables on D2

:facepalm: Really SB? If you'd outed that you were both a Tracker and a Watcher earlier, we could've lynched Impy D2, because a TrackerWatcher and a Tracker would be redundant. I'm pretty sure we're not in MYLO/LYLO so changing your claim would be pretty risky at this point, especially as Tables would probably have been lynched today even without your claim. Please don't hide your role like that in future games if outing it would mean an easy lynch.

##Vote: Tables

Wait, what about the flavor she posted about the clear skies in Mushroomy Kingdom? Was that fake?

Okay, Proto, what? I picked up on the fact I'd claimed. Yes I know that list of roles was there. No I didn't pay an awful lot of attention to it. I still can't remember exactly what Shinori's claim was and I don't remember his role PM. I'm pretty much playing this game by ear.

And seriously, everyone's been saying I'm scummy since I joined the game. I haven't read days 1+2. I've barely skimmed them. I even pointed out there's likely a mafia among the investigation claims, and well, that turned out to be wrong. But it implicated myself. So Shinori, making this claim was pretty likely to get me lynched. As mafia, why wouldn't I just fake something instead?

Although ironically, I think Shinori make's a good point. Would mafia really want to go 1 for 1 lynches? It's a sure fire way to lose. And town's already down to one investigation role probably (well, two if Banabas can keep his tracking thing going... if he IS town). Do you really want to mislynch a third one?

Shinori's roleclaim was brought up more than any other. Actually, his vote tie with SB in D2 was caused by his roleclaim.

Still though, I already found you scummy yesterday because scorri High Jump'd, which you can't argue your way out of (your only defense was that scorri wasn't playing optimally, which does not suit scorri's high intelligence, and not to mention, she has scumbuddies that would have noticed the Tracker).

Guys guys.

What if.

One if the poketrio.

Was scum.

And is now Masonized to town?

Nope. The three of us integrated into one character.

Thing is, if I were scum, it didn't have to be a one for one trade. I could have just outed an accurate report (assuming I actually was a tracker, and fakeclaiming tracker if you aren't one is stoopid) and let it go. But I didn't, because I'm not scum.

Oh, but if you gave an accurate report, we would likely have lynched Shinori over you, and Shinori's role is better than yours, so the Mafia decided to sacrifice you instead of Shinori. Don't worry, we'll do what the Mafia wants and lynch you first.

And GUYS

Stop voting for I eat tables. We don't want this Day Phase to end super-fast, while some players get RNG'd their stages. We're definitely lynching I eat tables, but please give the absent players time to show up and pick their stages. Actually, which stages should we be going to?

As for stages, I think it would be a good idea to have Shinori isolated in a single stage. His redirection is too troublesome for the Town, so he shouldn't object to not being able to use it. On the other hand, putting him alone somewhere forces them to use their final Mafia member to kill in their stage, letting us narrow down our suspects. What do you guys think?

Maybe. I'm going to Brinstar at the moment because looking at the last cycle's stage distribution, not many mafia will follow me there. Brinstar is probably more dangerous for other people though, so I'm thinking people should split up between Castle Siege and Battleship Halberd.

With 4 stages left, I think it's gonna be a rough split with all the players still remaining, if we ban Shinori to a single stage.

I was thinking that the Poketrio (most confirmed-ish town group that we have) goes to one place (not MK1-1, since they were just there, and apparently the sunlight offers penalties to repeat visitors).

That leaves 9 players to divvy among the three stages. I think it'd be wise to split up 3/3/3 or 4/4/1, only because then it'd be easier to narrow things down as far as a potential nightkiller, if we can prevent one from even occuring.

Proto just logged off and I kinda wanted his opinion on something, but....

We may have a way to get rid of both Shinori and Tables during the Day Phase.

Wait, this day phase? Still, that's interesting. I wouldn't say anything more just yet, though.

-----------------------------

Question to the poke-trio: Do you all have to go to the one stage?

And another concern I've had is: what happens if one of the trio is killed? Do they all die, or do they split up and become vanilla again? Or something else entirely? (You don't have to answer this if you don't want, I'm just putting my concerns out there)

And I think Elie has the right idea, but I think that 3/3/3 split between the remaining players is probably the best option. It makes it easier to determine who might be scum.

example stage distrubution (liable to change if wanted):

Halberd: Core, Straw, Elie

Brinstar: BBM, Manix, SB

Castle Siege: Iris, Clipsey, Straw

Mushroomy Kingdom: Shinori

poke-trio goes wherever. Also, this is up for discussion, so discuss away. There's probably a better setup, really.

With 4 stages left, I think it's gonna be a rough split with all the players still remaining, if we ban Shinori to a single stage.

I was thinking that the Poketrio (most confirmed-ish town group that we have) goes to one place (not MK1-1, since they were just there, and apparently the sunlight offers penalties to repeat visitors).

That leaves 9 players to divvy among the three stages. I think it'd be wise to split up 3/3/3 or 4/4/1, only because then it'd be easier to narrow things down as far as a potential nightkiller, if we can prevent one from even occuring.

You're forgetting one person. Also, if we are exiling Shinori, then we should probably exile someone else (me, probably, unless someone has a brilliant idea for usage of my role) -- I've idled the past two nights.

actually, what about that idea where we stick a bunch of obv towns on a stage, and then we can do a 6:2:2:2 ratio? the only drawback is that if one of our obv!towns is actually scum :/

Shinori's roleclaim was brought up more than any other.

And GUYS

Stop voting for I eat tables. We don't want this Day Phase to end super-fast, while some players get RNG'd their stages. We're definitely lynching I eat tables, but please give the absent players time to show up and pick their stages. Actually, which stages should we be going to?

His roleclaim could have been bought up a thousand times. I knew it was a 'redirector'. I wasn't interested enough to check for certain what that was. I'm still not (it's either fake and he's lynched today, or I die today and he's lynched tomorrow, either way, I don't care). I accidentally deleted the part about Scorri, but I don't understand that. I tracked her. I lost her. Someone on a different stage died. Either you're scum, or you have to believe that my claim was legitimate, regardless of my alignment. I can't see how you in particular can find it scummy (yes I do remember you were on a stage alone with Scorri)

actually, what about that idea where we stick a bunch of obv towns on a stage, and then we can do a 6:2:2:2 ratio? the only drawback is that if one of our obv!towns is actually scum :/

Well, at least we could narrow it down a bit. But still...

My brain would have to be working completely to figure out a really good distibution. I can't promise anything right now (bloody uni)

My suggestion for our approach on the stage selection process.

Battleship Halberd: Psych, Luster Purge, Cap'n Flint, Eclipse, Delirium, Strawman

Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1: Shinori, Serious Bananas

Brinstar: Manix, BBM

Castle Seige: Elieson, Iris

Why such?

The poke-trio, which all seem to approve of eachother, partner'd with SB, will help identify if SB is scum or not based on any occuring NKs. Also, Doc-bait, but also Doc-buff.

Shinori and Eclipse on Mushroomy Kingdom because if either one is scum and NK's the other, it's a loss either way.

Manix and BBM are both unclaimed to the thread, so if either one acts on the other, it removed any potential unnamed threat to town.

Iris and I have already been on a stage together, even though she idle'd. If either one of us die, yea.

If something occurs that Skitty isn't lynched for this phase, I dunno, sub him for any other player that is lynched (minus the Poketrio).

Just a suggestion for stage ops.

I was originally heading to Brinstar since he seems to have disadvantageous affects on some players abilities. I can move as need be though. Also I'm fine with being on a platform alone with eclipse. I currently have a small thought that she 'might' be scum as well but I'm more leaning town on her currently. It depends on table's flip. However do remember that me redirecting scummy people could also prove someone's worth. I can announce my redirect target and always redirect whoever I target to myself. If I end up dead or something along those lines there's the probability that that player is scummy.

Except someone else on the stage that is scum could also be smart and just kill me thus framing whoever I redirect. I could always keep my redirect target to myself but out it afterwards if someone dies and only if someone dies so we know if it actually hit the right target or not.

Truth is I'm town, I'm fine with being isolated, just don't lynch me and listen to what I have to offer. If something happens by whatever means while I'm isolated you know it isn't me.

Elie, what about SB's double ability this phase? What do you think about pretty much wasting that this phase?

Otherwise, I don't really have a problem with that setup.

I forgot. I got confused when straw mentioned targetting Skitty. That was on N2 though I think he pointed out, not last night.

Still, the only people that are worth being SB'd (you like that?) are Manix and BBM, since we don't know what threat they are to the town or not, and Delirium, as his role isn't really proven at this point. I'd rather not risk our claimed Doc at this moment, but if I were to switch anything, it'd look like this.

Battleship Halberd: Psych, Luster Purge, Cap'n Flint, Eclipse, Strawman

Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1: Shinori, Serious Bananas, BBM*

Brinstar: Manix*, Delirium

*Where as far as I'm concerned, you two are interchangable

Still, the only people that are worth being SB'd (you like that?) are Manix and BBM, since we don't know what threat they are to the town or not, and Delirium, as his role isn't really proven at this point. I'd rather not risk our claimed Doc at this moment

Marth outed his role before he died, he's confirmed doc.

Battleship Halberd: Psych, Luster Purge, Cap'n Flint, Eclipse, Strawman

Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1: Shinori, Serious Bananas, BBM*

Brinstar: Manix*, Delirium

That's... okay, I guess. I'd say Core needs to be on Halberd though, so the original iteration is probably better.

So. Just figured I'd state this. If you put 2 people on my stage like you currently are doing I will be using my ability because I don't trust BBM.

And SB is there to watch/track you both.