[FE7]Draft Tier List and Character Discussion

PKL

Lyn Mode will just make early game units far better and reliable, but in terms of TC, there won't be a huge difference between those who get Fiora/Lowen/Heath (considering HNM alone not LHM+HNM). I'd say like 1 or 3 turns, I'm lazy to do maths, and also, I don't know some of the strats most of you use with some units like Rath, HEath, for example. EDIT: However, considering LHM+HNM, there would be somewhat a nice difference of TC between 1st, 2nd & 3rd drafter and 4th & 5th.

Applying LHM on this tier list:

• Sain and Kent would be so good to go to best high tier units? Like being above Fiora? At least, above BLOWEN
  • Lucius and Erk would be above Heath? I've never used Heath, so I'm a bit ignorant on this part. Or would they stay on mid tier?
  • Rath, imo, would stay there where he is, he'll be getting like one level on LHM and I don't know if he contributes anything special on Lyn mode.
  • Lyn would move up, at least above Matthew.
  • I don't know what matthew/thieves contribute so I won't touch them :p
  • Dorcas above Dart?
  • Serra above Hawkeye? Above who?
  • Lol Wil
  • Lol Wallace

EDIT 2: Conclusion, leave it as is Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Edited by Quintessence

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ironic that the last two posts are what I enter this thread and see.

I don't really do drafts anymore, so I'm not going to say much. But Rath's ability to rescue anyone, high enough con to avoid being weighed down too much, good strength and speed growth, and excellent speed cap really help. Not sure if you guys are counting Lyn's mode and stuff. But honestly ... Brave Bow isn't THAT necessary. I've never used it in drafts (or any other Brave weapon, honestly). It doesn't take that long for Rath to get B bows the hard way anyway.

PKL, you probably forgot to take into account Uhai is on a forest tile, haha

He has 33HP/12Def, +1 from a forest tile

anyone with 15str and silverlance/horseslayer does 15+14+1 against him, (30total)

30-13= 17, which is the number you need for the 2hko

Ah, right. Derp. Also, couple of changes. I think list is a lot more accurate now.

-Top-

Florina

-High-

Fiora

Lowen

Sain

Kent

Heath

-Mid-

Lucius

Erk

Canas

Pent

Oswin

Eliwood

Rath

Isadora

Priscilla

Farina

Dart

Matthew

Dorcas

Raven

-Low-

Hawkeye

Serra

Lyn

Guy

Bartre/Karla

Louise

Jaffar

Legault

Rebecca

Wil

Vaida

-Bottom-

Nino

Wallace

Harken

Karel

Renault

Geitz

Wil above vaida. Vaida comes too late and is just filler. Wil's chip can actually help a lot and he exists for a whole lot of time.

Bartre/Karla all the way up to above Louise. Bartre is an earlygame unit. Mind, a really bad one. But he can still help get the village in 13 and do some other random secondary objectives.

Rath over Isadora.

Priscilla over Farina. Priscilla can warp, Farina cant even ferry promoted Hector or do much but have amazing combat and possible save a single turn in Cog of Destiny.

Dorcas above Raven. Dorcas can actually do something in earlygame like Bartre. Has better bases to boot and can save a single turn in Chapter 17 by killing the boss with Hammer. Raven is just a foot unit that doesnt do anything special.

Hawkeye and Serra above Lyn. Lyn is like Raven, in that shes just a foot unit that does nothing special. Mani Katti gives her a niche in bosskilling, but thats about it. Serra on the other hand, can get Warp and hawkeye just has amazing bases, more move in the snow and helps a lot in Crazed Beast.

EDIT: Wait no, Horace, you forgot WTA.

Edited by PKL

I can see Serra over Hawkeye. Yes, Hawkeye has great bases and is useful from his joining chapter all the way to the end of the game (not to mention he helps a lot in Crazed Beast), but Serra has warp access and doesn't exist for only one chapter. Plus, she leans toward Kenneth's map, and her growths are good enough to make sure she has adequate warp range. She's useful for a lot of chapters during endgame, while Hawkeye only has a couple. After that, from my experience, he's filler.

EDIT: Maybe not a lot of chapters during endgame, since only 30, 32, 32x, and Final come to mind, but she contributes more than Hawkeye.

Edited by ZM456

I can see Serra over Hawkeye. Yes, Hawkeye has great bases and is useful from his joining chapter all the way to the end of the game (not to mention he helps a lot in Crazed Beast), but Serra has warp access and doesn't exist for only one chapter. Plus, she leans toward Kenneth's map, and her growths are good enough to make sure she has adequate warp range. She's useful for a lot of chapters during endgame, while Hawkeye only has a couple. After that, from my experience, he's filler.

Serra has the problem of being extremely underleveled though. Her growths can also betray. A 10/6 Serra (which is the most realistic) only averages like 10 magic. That's 5 warp range which is hardly useful.

I think I'll actually bump Hawkeye over Raven too.

Edited by PKL

• 1 year later...