Xenoblade Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBM, stop fluffing in your posts. The last two pages of you have added very little to the discussion, and I cannot get a read off of that. You're just restating what has already been provided for us.

Rapier, can you explain again why you think I'm scum?

I've responded to most of the points made against me this cycle, but nobody voting for me has responded back or even acknowledged them. If I'm going to get mislynched, I'd rather it not be just because nobody's paying attention to what I'm saying.

woo delayed responses because motivation (or a lack thereof)

Prims made this point and I responded to it. I found Marth's actions scummier, so I mentioned only those results. The reason I mentioned that I ISOd Core was because he was the other wagon at the time.

I didn't give an in-depth explanation of what I thought of Core in Post #380 or anywhere else in the thread because I felt that any reasons I had for my opinion on him had already been stated by others.

And? You don't just bring up something and not follow through on it. It's just like saying "Oh, there's something I want to say, no wait, I'm not telling you now" (unrelated to the context of mafia). I have been told that it's not a good habit to do, so yeah

Sorry, I can't tell you why this post makes you think I'm breadcrumbing a scumbuddy's PR.

Well of course you can't. Although the tone of this sentence is almost screaming scumslip to me, but eh

Keep in mind that this post was made before Elie's role was revealed. Now that it's been revealed that Elie's role could gather info mid-cycle, I suppose it's also possible that scum can do the same.

But that's where the problem lies, you see. You mentioned this well before his role flipped, which kinda is making me think you know something that the rest of us don't.

I think what pushed Prims off my suspicion was because he wanted Core lynched early on (I think he may have been the second). He looked a little funny in cycle 1 when I reread through the entire thread, but ... everyone looked rather funny on cycle 1. I want to hear some more from him.

And, uh, Rapier ... did I ninja you or are you just ignoring me? I had a couple points back on the previous page directed at you.

I defended you because it's easy to myslinch a newbie just because they can't keep the pace as well as the veterans. I picked on Aere because of that, too.

WTF Raper that is not what I am saying at all. My reason for voting Kaoz/Elieson all C2 was completely unrelated to Snike. Why are you harping so much on my post going off Snike's reads so much when it was one post consisting of two lines that was basically an afterthought, and totally disregarding everything else I'm saying? Like, seriously, how many times do I have to say this? If I get lynched this cycle over Rapier, please call him out on this bullshit next cycle.

I never said you voted Kaoz because of Snike. And I disliked that afterthought of yours because they were really weak, and saying X and Y are scummy without any argument is bad. On C2, you didn't vote anyone else and stuck with a player who hadn't posted for days.

I defended you because it's easy to myslinch a newbie just because they can't keep the pace as well as the veterans. I picked on Aere because of that, too.

That was understandable on cycle 1. But I still don't get your reasons for cycle 2 quite as well, when I had a better grip on the game and should have been defending myself. It also bothers me that this was practically half of our posts, the other half being focused on BBM. (But once again, my read on you isn't the greatest and I have to look through your posts again. Sorry everyone, my head still is bothering me.)

And? You don't just bring up something and not follow through on it. It's just like saying "Oh, there's something I want to say, no wait, I'm not telling you now" (unrelated to the context of mafia). I have been told that it's not a good habit to do, so yeah

It was never my intention to make it look like I'd unearthed something new about Core and was simply hiding it.

Well of course you can't. Although the tone of this sentence is almost screaming scumslip to me, but eh

I was being sarcastic there. And give me SOME credit, I wouldn't scumslip that easily.

But that's where the problem lies, you see. You mentioned this well before his role flipped, which kinda is making me think you know something that the rest of us don't.

Bleh, trust me, I don't.

I never said you voted Kaoz because of Snike. And I disliked that afterthought of yours because they were really weak, and saying X and Y are scummy without any argument is bad. On C2, you didn't vote anyone else and stuck with a player who hadn't posted for days.

Most of your posts are just excuses anyway. Things like "Guys I was scummy on C1 but would you please look at me now?" and "I felt like Shinori, Kaoz and Marth were scummy because Snike suspected them but Marth died, so Shinori/Kaoz must be scummy, even though I got no clues about this after ISOing". You say you are an active and contributive player, but your contributions aren't that big, nor is your activity - which is unfortunately bigger than your contributions.

How is this not saying that I voted Kaoz because of Snike? And yes, it was weak, that's why I included it separately and never followed up on it. It would in fact have looked worse had I said "I am 100% sure that either Shinori or Aere are scum" and then left it at that. Also, everyone one on Core's wagon was also voting for someone who hadn't posted for several days. Does that make them scummy too?

##Unvote

##Vote Rapier

You already didn't look good in my eyes and that BBM argument just made you look ten times worse.

Now explain what you didn't like, please.

That was understandable on cycle 1. But I still don't get your reasons for cycle 2 quite as well, when I had a better grip on the game and should have been defending myself. It also bothers me that this was practically half of our posts, the other half being focused on BBM. (But once again, my read on you isn't the greatest and I have to look through your posts again. Sorry everyone, my head still is bothering me.)

I was not focused on BBM. I had voted Aere, then Blitz, then I went for BBM because he was next on my scumlist. And here we are.

I'm talking about Core's vote on Aere, not the other way around. And Aere did vote Core late in the day when the wagons were Core/Marth.

I'm reading this as "nobody wants to shoot for my preferred mislynch, so instead of responding to disagreements and re-enforcing or reconsidering my case, I'm going to wagon hop". Remind me why I shouldn't switch to you again?

incessant chirping

please respond

ISO'd your posts. And yeah, I remember you going after Aere. But just another question ... you were after Aere earlier this cycle as well. If I'm not mistaken, you wanted him to "out his thoughts" and discuss why he thought Prims was town. And then you switched to BBM because your Aere vote wasn't going anywhere. Again, do you have actual suspicions on Aere right now? I'm still not too sure what you're up to.

(Also, I'll be away from mafia thread for a few hours. Can't think straight. Sorry.)

I really think at least one of blitz/rapier is scum, if not both of them. I would very much prefer a lynch on one of these two players over BBM because I seriously feel BBM is town, and i highly doubt that he would try to lynch kaoz/elie when elie was being killed by scum supposedly.

i highly doubt that he would try to lynch kaoz/elie when elie was being killed by scum supposedly.

I don't think this means anything since there wasn't enough support for the lynch to go through. Parking on somebody unlikely to form into a wagon is easy for scum to get away with since they won't be suspected over wagon analysis.

I'm still waiting on a response from Rapier and thoughts from the three non-voters.

You know what.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

I'm fine with this. You really sound partially hypocritical and you sound like your waffling. Your argument with BBM, who i feel is town, isn't helping you in my eyes either, I know I'm echoing that part of helios's thoughts earlier but I don't care. It's true.

I don't think this means anything since there wasn't enough support for the lynch to go through. Parking on somebody unlikely to form into a wagon is easy for scum to get away with since they won't be suspected over wagon analysis.

I'm still waiting on a response from Rapier and thoughts from the three non-voters.

I thought of this as well but considering he named three people as scum reads and those three people are all town I doubt they would do that to draw attention to himself. Maybe I'm just stupid though. I am stupid though.

His argument with me shouldn't be a deciding factor in your vote for him, because from your point of view, my alignment is not confirmed, even if you think I'm town.

ISO'd your posts. And yeah, I remember you going after Aere. But just another question ... you were after Aere earlier this cycle as well. If I'm not mistaken, you wanted him to "out his thoughts" and discuss why he thought Prims was town. And then you switched to BBM because your Aere vote wasn't going anywhere. Again, do you have actual suspicions on Aere right now? I'm still not too sure what you're up to.

(Also, I'll be away from mafia thread for a few hours. Can't think straight. Sorry.)

Most of my thoughts about Aere are guesses, so that's why I wanted him to say something regarding my post, which went completely ignored by him. >:

I really think at least one of blitz/rapier is scum, if not both of them. I would very much prefer a lynch on one of these two players over BBM because I seriously feel BBM is town, and i highly doubt that he would try to lynch kaoz/elie when elie was being killed by scum supposedly.

Do you really think scum only have 24 or 48 hours to choose who they'll kill, then they spend 24 hours trying to mislynch? From what I know about my former Cycle games, kills aren't limited to 48 hours.

What I mean is, they could have thought about killing Kaoz afterwad. Check out his role. If there is a Mafia Rolecop, then it's possible that he investigated Kaoz, and then BBM tried to mislynch him (foolishly, because no one else paid attention to that).

What response? If it is about Aere and you, I already posted something about it.

You know what.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

I'm fine with this. You really sound partially hypocritical and you sound like your waffling. Your argument with BBM, who i feel is town, isn't helping you in my eyes either, I know I'm echoing that part of helios's thoughts earlier but I don't care. It's true.

I like waffles, they're so yummy Well then, tell me what you didn't like in my argument with BBM.

It's not. Now why are you posting that? That post feels really strange to me BBM.

I was just pointing out that that part of your argument against Rapier wasn't very good logic.

I'm being one of the only active and contributive players too. Does that make me town as well? I agree that Prims is looking townie, but your reasoning for it is bad and you should change it.

Yes, about the reads, I'll do that sometime later in the game.

this sounds like a classic scum excuse to not get lynched

also, I completely forgot to place a vote on you last day, but I need to finish reading the thread before I do

What? That line was a response to the hosts saying that people need to send in their list of reads. And when I said "I'll do it later in the game" that wasn't an excuse to prevent my lynch, it was just me saying that I needed to collect my thoughts about everyone before I could give a list of reads. And "later in the game" can very well be after my lynch if that's how it turns out.