Xenoblade Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a game where I really needed to roll town for personal reasons, and of course I rolled scum. I found it hard to stay interested and I've come to realize that I'm awful as mafia.

Well I read through like half of C1 and finally figured out why Core looked so scummy. Also think Aere and Manix look better after this flip. Gotta do some rereading (and probably finish C1) so I can hopefully be of some use C3.

Well, we were right about Core, but I was wrong about Kaoz/Elieson, urghh. I'm thinking that the scum have a rolecop of some sort other than the Tracker/Watcher, because I'm thinking they killed Kaoz/Elieson based on his role over his actions in the thread, which, especially on D2, were subpar.

Hmm, alternatively, it's possible that if Kaoz/Elieson was the only player slot to visit Bizz, they took a shot in the dark at that being the Doctor (since it's pretty reasonable to assume that a Doctor might visit Bizz/Prims).

Well, we were right about Core, but I was wrong about Kaoz/Elieson, urghh. I'm thinking that the scum have a rolecop of some sort other than the Tracker/Watcher, because I'm thinking they killed Kaoz/Elieson based on his role over his actions in the thread, which, especially on D2, were subpar.

possible

but I still think Kaoz was very much more likelier to be a townie than scum

anyways

YAY!

WE GOT OUR FIRST HIT

Well I was completely wrong about Kaoz/Elie. ;/

But I fricking told you that Core was scum. Also from that flip, we can imply that scum has a tracker/watcher.

So Shinori, got anything to say about Core being town now?

Nope obviously i was wrong cause I'm bad at this game. You should know this.

Manix got anything to report from last night? Can you confirm if my ability targeted you or not?

So two people that refuse to confirm my ability or not. I don't care anymore. Lynch me if you want. But if manix could have confirmed my ability or not and let me get lynched without confirming it then he's a prick.

I still say manix is scum.

Annoyed mood *shrug*

I'll go reread and think a bit.

Reading back through cycle 1 posts, I'm inclined to believe that Prims and Cam are town at this point. Both had suspected Core of being scum early on in cycle 1, before anyone else, and Core indeed flipped scum. Leaning towards Aere being town as well.

Cycle 2 was a of inactivity for the first two or so days, and then a lot of raging between Manix and Shinori (and Prims). After Core's flip, I'm leaning my suspicions more towards Shinori. I had no problem with Levedad, but Helios has provided us with next to nothing to go off on. As for BBM and Rapier, I need to read through their posts again. I know they posted in cycle 2, but I can't remember much their contributions aside from voting Core.

Correction: Rapier switched his vote to Core, BBM didn't. Still, I feel as if I'm not getting anything too definite from either one of them.

I'd say C2 was a lot of inactivity for the whole cycle, not just the first two days. To give you an idea, Boron, SSBU mafia, a game of similar size, had 60-something pages at the beginning of Day 3.

As for how Shinori looks with Core's flip- I don't think he looks any worse. He was wrong, yes, but I don't think scum!Shinori would argue so vehemently in Core's defence, knowing what the outcome would be after Core flipped scum. It's generally not a good idea for scum to link themselves together to that extent. Gnerally scum are more subtle with that sort of thing.

So I (finally) read through C1 and truly understand why everyone was jumping on the Core wagon. I'm sure some scum attempted to bus him at the end so we should probably reevaluate that wagon to see who's scum and who's not.

For some reason I wouldn't be surprised if Shinori and Prims were scumbuddies based off their interactions with each other but both look more townish to me at this point so it's probs just intown fighting more than anything. Prims looks better to me after going against the Marth lynch and pushing for the Core lynch anyway.

Aere looks better to me for pushing for the Core lynch. I don't think scum would try to lynch a buddy when no one is even thinking about them.

The one thing that stuck out to me about Cam is how he said "I think Core is scum and trying to buddy up with me". It kinda just came out of nowhere and idk what to think about that statement exactly.

I remember Marth didn't like Boron but I personally don't see anything horrible about her. Maybe I'm just being more forgiving because she's new though, but nothing she's done has really stuck out to me.

I made a mental note of BBM not looking good C1 but I don't remember why. I'll look back to try and find a reason why later.

Also Jedi and Rapier need to exist more, and that's coming from someone who hasn't existed enough himself. Haven't really gotten reads off them and inactivity isn't always a scumtell so yeah.

As for how Shinori looks with Core's flip- I don't think he looks any worse. He was wrong, yes, but I don't think scum!Shinori would argue so vehemently in Core's defence, knowing what the outcome would be after Core flipped scum. It's generally not a good idea for scum to link themselves together to that extent. Gnerally scum are more subtle with that sort of thing.

That's the one thing that leads me to not completely suspect Shinori. Aere and Cam were pursuing Core, even when everyone else seemed to forget about him or not be so concerned about him, which is why I think they're town. Manix was really pushing for a Core lynch at a point when he was kind of off the radar, so again I have a feeling of town. At the same time, I have to wonder if Shinori would've been so vehement about saying that Core is town if they really were scum together. I have my suspicions, but I'm not entirely convinced yet that they're scum-mates.

Was pre-occupied after lynch yesterday, somebody remind me why I should pour out effort into this game when nobody is voting or scumhunting 22 hours into the day?

Okay, I'll start something, I guess. I've been reading the thread a couple times because both my scumreads exited the game last cycle. I'm not entirely confident of this, but

##Vote: Rapier

He voted for Core quite late, after it was evident that Core was going to be lynched. Felt sort of like a late bus to me, especially as he has very few posts against Core. Also, I thought over it, and I have to kind of agree with Blitz. Rapier is playing differently. It's not just that he doesn't look as scummy as he does a lot of time time, but the style itself is a lot different from normal. He scumhunted near the beginning, but in the last few days, his limited activity has been centered around correcting people's logic and asking a lot of questions and not really saying much. Plus, he's made a lot of posts countering mine and saying that he finds me scummy, but hasn't made a single vote against me.

I'm not sure I articulated my suspicions well, but I just have a gut feeling that Rapier is scum.

Also, Prims, please don't sub out. I agree that this game has been very lethargic and inactive, but subbing out and adding another person who needs to catch up will only make it worse.

##Vote: BigBangMeteor (L-5)

Interactions with Core heavily point toward him being scum - notably, Core backing down on him for no reason (#175) resembles early distancing, and BBM generally giving lenience for unexplained reasons. See #380 where he doesn't actually post results of his Core re-read and votes Marth for inaccurate reasons that I already covered in my D2 opener. D3, he suggested Kaoz / Core as scumbuddies but didn't actually give Core a thorough check and never commited to an opinion on Core. He's been "okay" with a Core lynch but never actually gave us a Core opinion combined with an explanation the entire game.

Blitz and Rapier could be both lynched right now for what they haven't done rather than what they have done. I'm unimpressed with Blitz's content across D1 - D2, a lot of it is listposting or noise and I don't see him making attempts to scumhunting or provoke reactions. He ignored Core D2 and instead voted Shinori while not taking the circumstances of Shinori's claim into account. Rapier tunneled on ObvTown Aere all D1 and his D2 opinions were pretty vacant too, up until he hammered Core for reasoning that was available all day long. Quite possibly a bus. Both ending up ignoring the wagons at the end of D1 and I want comprehensive opinion posts from both of them ASAP as I feel they're coasting. I would probably vote Rapier over Blitz, though.

Shinori's claim still heavily points toward him being town. If he was scum trying to play it as a derptown moment I don't think he would have voted me with the shittiest logic ever after reverse-martyring me did nothing. He also crumbed his role pretty clearly when talking about how me being vig would guarantee his death. Would not lynch.

@Helios: Who is scum right now and why? You posted a bunch of opinions but there's no vote, so it can't be said that you're scumhunting. Everybody else is worse shades of terrible for doing even less (except BBM, ironically, now that I've been cut) at the moment but I'm poking you for a vote because you've at least given us thoughts.

I can't say whether Rapier is playing differently or not, but I did find it odd how the only posts I can remember from him are him defending me even before I did so myself. At the time, I didn't think much about it though because I had my suspicions on other people (and he's not around often, I'll be honest ... I sort of forgot he was playing the game in cycle 2). While Elie hammered the vote on Core, he was killed right afterwards and confirmed to be town. Rapier switched his vote right before Elie did.

Actually, looking back at his cycle 2 posts, he's doing a lot of defending people and pretty much the same people. Perhaps it's coincidence, but Cam's "Core is scum trying to buddy up" comment from cycle 1 comes to my mind.

BBM, I'm not too sure about you either. I'll need to look at your posts again, but I haven't been getting good reads from you. Probably because you haven't been quite as active. And I'm still contemplating about Shinori, who I'm not completely comfortable with.

i have yet to know why core thought i was town before i claimed deathproof

therefore the only reason i can think of would be that core was scum trying to buddy up and make me look worse after he flipped