Xenoblade Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

As a note, I can't believe you guys thought that was a softclaim. I was simply in a rather foul mood and thus I'm useless town because I'm me.

On another note, it's kind of aggressive, but one potential option we have is to force vanilla claims now. This prevents scum from claiming vanilla unless they want to do it now, which could potentially shut them down or catch them in a lie later. There are downsides, since scum also see which players are less threatening to them during the night stage of our cycles, but it may be well worth it if you want to try. I'll let some others give some thoughts on this one.

As for Kaoz, I can see where he is going with this, though usually directed as a general question, individual targeting is better for forcing a response, though I agree it is a tad early, a nervous scum could still slip up when confronted without a plan.

Anyway, for now ##Vote: Rapier

Existing less than me, for shame~

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

votals

[2] Prims: Snike, Levity

[2] Marth: Blitz, Kaoz

[2] Core: BBM, Jedi

[1] Blitz: Aere

[1] Snike: Camtech

[1] Levity: Prims

[1] Xin Li: Core

[1] Rapier: Ether

Not Voting: Marth, Rapier, Xin Li

just for the record i don't think boron is scum for the simple fact that iirc eclipse doesn't like making people scum in their first game

on the other hand she really should stop echoing

##Unvote

##Vote: Jedi

This is your first game, right? You're being very, very cautious. I also agree with Marth, what Core said was not scummy. Most of your posts scream noobscum to me.

just for the record i don't think boron is scum for the simple fact that iirc eclipse doesn't like making people scum in their first game

on the other hand she really should stop echoing

ehh what do you mean? Eclipse isn't the mod of this game.

kaoz, givemore player opinions.

I will give them when I deem them relevant.

On another note, it's kind of aggressive, but one potential option we have is to force vanilla claims now. This prevents scum from claiming vanilla unless they want to do it now, which could potentially shut them down or catch them in a lie later. There are downsides, since scum also see which players are less threatening to them during the night stage of our cycles, but it may be well worth it if you want to try. I'll let some others give some thoughts on this one.

I'm not sure whether we should even go so far as discussing it, since depending on whether someone responds y/n to this, the mafia might get a hint about whether they are vanilla or not. If a lot of people feel like talking about it, I'll weigh in, but that's that for now.

Most of your posts scream noobscum to me.

Care to expand on this a little?

I was saying that other people might be hesitant in voting for newbies. Experience and alignment are totally independent, so I have no qualms with it.

Ah gotcha, perhaps I was being a tad hasty

##Unvote

##Vote: BBM

BBM buddy! How're you? You seem to be quite unattached to this cycle.. almost as if you were biding your sweet time.. Perhaps for the night? Tsk Tsk

I'm just trying to get a gauge on things still that's why.

What we should do? just sit and have a nice drink perhaps relax a little, you shouldn't make any quick judgements.

This post, mainly.

##Unspear: Prims

Time to move on to my next target, Ra-wait, what?

##Vote: Ether

I found a few things wrong with that idea, first of all being that if we were to force all of the vanilla claims out, the Power roles would be left for the pickings for the mafia assuming that the PRs don't fakeclaim vanilla, which defeats the purpose. In other words, that's either giving scum a hitlist or wasting the town's time, neither of which is desirable on Day 1. Secondly, even if we decide that the benefits outweigh the costs of vanilla claim, why in hell would you bring this up within the first 48 hours of a cycle, when actions can be modified? That just gives scum a better C1 kill choice list to work with immediately.

Also, Marth looked to me like he was doing some minor fishing earlier with the 'I take it Ether is vanilla' comment, but I might be over reading that.

It is simply an idea for discussion, though I agree it would have been better off in the second half, if I had left it, I likely would have forgotten it completely. Anyway, discussion seems to be pointing towards it being a terrible idea, as expected of me. Does anyone else have any ideas?

That's a little fast to say it's a bad idea, after all of two direct responses. Mind you, the idea may not have been well-thought out, but at least it's contributing.

Now back to business:

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself to the class.

Okay, Levity's later over-justification following her reaction to my vote looks fine. I'm annoyed at her trying to discredit it as OMGUS (seriously, OMGUS doesn't mean anything, it's just a buzzword people use to make somebody who voted them while also being voted by them look bad) but I can see why she would when there was no meat to the vote.

##Unvote

##Vote: Camtech

Your #129 is very non-commital and I still think "echoing" is a weak accusation at this stage. It's the RVS, why do you expect everybody's post to be a pinnacle of originality? Reads like sidelining. Also, this is Paperblade's game, not eclipse's, and even then, eclipse had scorri as scum in Schoolgirl Mafia.

I would also be okay with voting Ether because he's totally overplaying the self-deprecation schtick given that he's played decent games as town before. Also because his #126 is also super non-commital. This game is full of people who hate commitment.

Core: Why is Xin Li a scum newbie instead of just a newbie?

Marth: You have posts to work with, get some ED1 STRONG scum reads.

@Jedi-

As a side note guys, I am not feeling well at all right now, so I might be sleeping a lot.

I was on in the morning, and I made a post, but most of the activity was in BCM, so I focused on that rather than this. Then I took a nap for a couple hours and just woke up.

@Aere- Being cautious is something common to most first-time payers, whether they're newbtown or newbscum. What makes Jedi the latter instead of the former? That post you quoted of his was him being cautious, but that's not scummy behaviour.

##Unvote, ##Vote Aere

Why name him the former instead of the latter? It's the beginning of Cycle 1, there's no reason why we SHOULDN'T make quick judgements, and I feel like he's trying to smoothly fly under the radar. He hasn't even remarked on my vote against him yet.

I have a neutral read on him right now because there's no reason to name him the latter instead of the former either. Sure, we can make quick judgments, but there's no reason to make bad judgments.

Core: Why is Xin Li a scum newbie instead of just a newbie?

Way too many posts saying way too little. It looks like she's been active, but, making a few "duh" statements isn't a great contribution.

She did say that she's waiting for more activity before she'll do stuff, so we'll see how that turns out.

(Xin Li is a she, right?)

ehh what do you mean? Eclipse isn't the mod of this game.

Also, this is Paperblade's game, not eclipse's, and even then, eclipse had scorri as scum in Schoolgirl Mafia.

i could've sworn she was co-modding but whatever

##Unvote

##Vote: Camtech

Your #129 is very non-commital and I still think "echoing" is a weak accusation at this stage. It's the RVS, why do you expect everybody's post to be a pinnacle of originality? Reads like sidelining.

i'm not accusing her of anything

not to mention this is coming from the person who's accusing me of posting 'too much empty noise' when there's not a lot else to talk about

Why name him the former instead of the latter? It's the beginning of Cycle 1, there's no reason why we SHOULDN'T make quick judgements, and I feel like he's trying to smoothly fly under the radar. He hasn't even remarked on my vote against him yet.

Well, I was getting too it haha, if I was attempting to be scummy wouldn't I hide it better then that? Also you seem to be trying to point me out as some kind of sneaky threat how do I know YOUR not and just trying to get attention away from yourself?

##Unvote

##Vote: Aere

Well, I was getting too it haha, if I was attempting to be scummy wouldn't I hide it better then that? Also you seem to be trying to point me out as some kind of sneaky threat how do I know YOUR not and just trying to get attention away from yourself?

##Unvote

Case in point.

##Unvote

##Vote: Xin Li

echoing isn't as scummy as people make it out to be and you sound super nervous about how people are reading you

not comfortable voting marth anymore, though curious why blitz unvoted him before recent marth posts to make a prodvote

You sound more nervous for echoing that echoing isn't as scummy as people say, tbh.

#Vote: Boron

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lolsheeping on Boron I see. At least you unvoted later, but only after people picked on you, which is unsettling to me.

not claiming d1 is questionable and even if it wasn't there's nothing really bad about claiming if you're about to be lynched when players can't change their actions past the 48 hours mark

As long as they don't claim as soon as people form up to lynch them, it's alright.

But claiming 9 minutes before you're lynched is bad anyway, don't mess with your own luck. >:

No its quite obvious. We're having a discussion about whether to claim or not when that obviously doesn't help us any better with scum hunting atm. Not only that, but we're having echoes of the same opinion. Pointless discussion is pointless.

Pointless discussion is still a way to get reads, that's why we got so many reaction votes and useless comments at N0. It is better than saying nothing and doing nothing.

I'll figure out a playing style that works if I keep on participating in mafia, I suppose. I'm sort of just flailing around here, to be honest.

I still have a lot of problems when I play Mafia because of my playstyle. That's normal. =P

I just woke up, hello!

I merely skimmed through the mounds of fluff, but my assessment:

it only takes one post to get the point about claiming across, not ~10.

read the rules

Levity is scumhunting hard for C1. With only a few posts to judge people on, I can't figure how you can develop your reads. I can't. You are pretty good though so eh.

Blitz looks like Blitz

Xin Li looks like a newbie, which is often a reason not to vote somebody.

People who haven't showed up should show up.

##Vote: Xin Li

I'm off to work now.

Sorry but, this makes no sense.

I get town vibes from Bizz (for her effective scumhunting) and Boron (because it reminds me of how I was when I first played Mafia). Same with Snike, who sounds very reasonable.

In the other hand, I get scum vibes from Aere (his vote looked too opportunistic to me and he hasn't done anything else), Core (because his contradiction made no sense) and Marth (for thinking it's best to do nothing because the discussion we had been having was pointless), Cam isn't doing anything other than showing us he's a smart newbie (and he only did that once) and Prims' vote on Bizz looked like an OMGUS to me, but they look less scummy than the others I listed imo.

For being too rushy to conclusions and commiting mistakes that could easily mislynch a newbtown.

We don't make quick judgements while we still have time because rushing to conclusions is always bad. We have to be aware of the risks we're taking and acknowledge them before lynching.

I'm scummy because you don't understand me? Please tell me how that works because I don't see the connection.

My contradiction was on purpose, with the intention of getting a genuine reaction from Xin Li. Anyhow, that attempt was undermined and I got no reaction(I'm reading that as town but I could be wrong)

Lolsheeping on Boron I see. At least you unvoted later, but only after people picked on you, which is unsettling to me.

Being the 2nd person to vote for somebody during RVS doesn't make it a sheepvote. RVS votes are almost always meaningless, except to create a reaction. 2 votes=more reaction, so I really don't see a problem with this.

Of course, jumping on a wagon after RVS without using your brain is bad.

##Unvote

Jedi's OMGUS seems like a really lazy alternative to actually developing reads on other players and trying to scumhunt. Slightly suspicious here.

##Vote: BBM

I disagree with your reasons for voting for both me and Aere. bad logic=/=scum. Like, to me it seems you are just pointing fingers at anything unusual, and not thinking it through and deciding whether it actually makes the player more likely to be scum or not.