The original .hack games

Shinori

I have played and beaten all of them but the fourth. I still have yet to go through Quarantine. I haven't even watched that one's Liminality disc.

Amazingly nostalgic games. Just listening to Mac Anu's theme gets me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgV-dmgWKYw

Oh Jesus I am fourteen again.

Yesss. I thought of the possibility of trying to some how work out a .hack draft. But i didn't even know if people played.

But anywho. I just recently picked up all 4 again. Quarantine ran me $113 alone. >.>"

Bought them all, beat three of them... then got stuck in the dungeon on my way to Herald, then my PS3 deleted my Memory Card (Owned it when the PS3 could still run PSX and PS2 games)... That was pretty frustrating.

I always thought about giving the games another go on my or my gf's ps2, but too many distractions right now.

I'd love to try out the sequel series, but no European release for me u.u

Well, at least I got to read all the mangas and saw all the animes. Nearly. Legend of Twilight anime raped the manga. Could bear to watch it to the end. Probably get myself .hack//quantum on Blu Ray...

Yesss. I thought of the possibility of trying to some how work out a .hack draft. But i didn't even know if people played.

But anywho. I just recently picked up all 4 again. Quarantine ran me $113 alone. >.>"

not sure if a draft could work out, some dungeons force you to either have a magic or melee characters as some monsters are immune to one or the other.

without a doubt, unless its a small draft i could see people getting screwed over.

True true. but its plausible. Course i don't think many people here have all 4 games anyway.

If i could just get like 3 people or 4 at most for a small draft then that would be the best choice. But I also don't know how the draft would work completly. Any ideas to how it could be played and judged on who won?

Drafting as in, there are a certain number of people who pick characters they can use and can't use anyone else. Or something similar to that.

Anyways, first things first, we probably want a list of characters. Not like I can remember them all off the top of my head.

Also, how do we deal with "extra" characters?

I played the first 2. The only good part of that entire shitslog was the final battle in Infection. I kind of thought the second game would be better after that, but it wasn't. The rest was incredibly boring. Thankfully I was borrowing them from a friend so I didn't pay for them.

//Sign has amazing music though. Possibly the games do too, but I don't remember.

I can get a list of all the characters here later tomorrow and sorted by which game they are acquired in. Not only extra characters, there are multiple missions that require you take X player or X and y players.

I started playing the originals after I played G.U., so it was kind of hard for me to get into it really. I beat Infection, but kind of lost interest at the Cubia fight in Mutation. Fuck Cubia. The game felt pretty clunky to me, coming from G.U.'s combos to the original's single hitting outside of skills; it just felt clunky to me.

However, I did love G.U. If anyone played it as religiously as I did, they would recognize my name-sake

Edited by DualSilverGunner

xD I'll be playing the G.U. trilogy after I beat the first 4 once again. I'm playing through all of them and watching the anime to prepare to make a mafia and see if there is any possibility of making a draft for either of the game series. A GU draft might be interesting as well.

Side note I just beat cubia on my playthrough yesterday. One shot ;P Bring one melee and one caster and just tell them to either use melee or spells only. It's just obnoxious, not all that hard, especially if you use the buffs you can buy from shops, those REALLY help.

I like G.U. up to the point in the third where I have to spend, like, an hour just to get through an overall pointless dungeon to advance the plot to the point where I need to go through another overall pointless dungeon. It's like, "Why do I have to go to the end of a dungeon to talk to someone? Can't I just meet them at the beginning?" They could have least have something worthwhile to say after it, but no.

AKA, got bored.