The second batch of DLC

Hoo boy, looks like a few posts have gone off topic here. I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, but it would be great if everyone started discussing the DLC again. Thanks.

There's only notable potential for pertinent discussion about new DLC for a couple of days each week, and we're currently five days away from the next time that will happen.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit he's been released already!

So has Catria and Palla, yet we still got A special version of Catria and we'll definitely get another special version of Palla.

Edited by Jagen

So has Catria and Palla, yet we still got A special version of Catria and we'll definitely get another special version of Palla.

And just how, pray tell, do you know what I've bolded? Unless I'm missing something, Catria's the one among the three who's available via Spotpass. This "other special version of Palla" is the only version of Palla, in other words. Edited by Little Al

And just how, pray tell, do you know what I've bolded? Unless I'm missing something, Catria's the one among the three who's available via Spotpass. This "other special version of Palla" is the only version of Palla, in other words.

Well, think about it. They already released Est as a reward for completing Border Between Life and Death. And now they've released Catria as a reward for completing The Five Annas. IS has no choice but to complete the Whitewings Trio and release Palla as the reward for completing Labyrinth Pursuit (the latest one). Unless they're going to pull some kind of unexpected switch and release Minerva, which would be rather funny, Palla being released as the next reward is the only logical thing, really.

Edited by Karaszure

I don't really expect Minerva because you already can get her for free in spotpass. Why spend the money to get a character that you can already get for free?

They were kinda sly with Catria, releasing her DLC a week before her spotpass team came out. :P

I don't think Minerva will be the last dlc's reward. With Paola, they'll have released all whitewings, used all three pegasus unit, and all three sword skill (assuming Paola'll have the third one), so even Minerva would be off in a way. I hope they'll either release a new char, or perhaps a new class available to both gender. Please stop releasing copies, give me Tiltyu or Tinny.

Edited by Sartek

I don't really expect Minerva because you already can get her for free in spotpass. Why spend the money to get a character that you can already get for free?

They were kinda sly with Catria, releasing her DLC a week before her spotpass team came out. :P

Releasing the DLC just a bit early is the usual procedure, but I don't think it's necessary here. As you can see, IS really isn't advertising the reward characters for UT: while the character is a bonus, the idea is that you're buying the map, not the character.

And in all likelihood, UT4 will follow the vs. map pattern and be a six-star map with a skill as a reward, having its own draw that way.

I don't think Minerva will be the last dlc's reward. With Paola, they'll have released all whitewings, used all three pegasus unit, and all three sword skill (assuming Paola'll have the third one), so even Minerva would be off in a way. I hope they'll either release a new char, or perhaps a new class available to both gender. Please stop releasing copies, give me Tiltyu or Tinny.

The FE2 weapons establish Vengeance as the fourth "sword" skill. There's also Magnificent Flame, Aether, and Lethality, but those tend to be a bit more restricted.

And Minerva is not only the only fourth character associated with those three, but also the leader, in what is likely the hardest of the maps. So it makes sense.

But sol, luna and astra are the sun, the moon and stars, none of the other sword skills have and an astrological theme...Though I suppose Aether is sky

/observation

I think "sword skill" here refers to the FE4 names of the occult skills.

What Othin said about the FE2 weapons is that FE13 has 4 weapons: Sol (sword), Luna (lance), Vengeance (axe) and Astra (bow) (and FE2 has lances called Sol, Luna and Astra, although their effects are totally different), making these four skills a "series". Other occult skills in this game (Lethality, etc) don't have a skill weapon associated.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Yeah, that's true. Another important variable is who attacks first. For example, if Sain did more damage, but Seth was faster...

Sain goes first:

Sain attacks, leaves Seth with low HP

Seth attacks two times, leaves Sain with nearly equally low HP

Sain attacks again, smooshes Seth

Now if Seth goes first:

Seth attacks two times, leaves Sain with low HP

Sain attacks, leaves Seth with nearly equally low HP

Seth attacks, smooshes Sain with one more blow

So yeah, sometimes we get cases like this too. But other things could affect even this kind of battle. Sain could've avoided that last attack by Seth, and still ended up winning, for example.

Are you sure that's right? I guess I'm just being picky here, but if they were on opposing teams, there would be a Player Phase and then an Enemy Phase. Say Sain's stronger and on Player Phase and Seth is faster and on Enemy Phase.

Player Phase:

Sain attacks for high damage.

Seth counter-attacks twice and leaves Sain on low HP.

Enemy Phase:

Seth attacks and kills Sain.

Now say Seth's on Player Phase instead, and Sain is on Enemy Phase.

Player Phase:

Seth attacks for low damage.

Sain counter-attacks once for high damage.

Seth gets his second attack and leaves Sain on low HP.

Enemy Phase:

Sain attacks and kills Seth.

So it's the other way around, but your basic principle is still right. And like you said, if the Hit % was taken into consideration, the outcome might be different. Considering that Seth is faster in this instance, he'd be more likely to avoid an attack than Sain, so he'd probably have the advantage. (Unless Sain had higher Skill, but I don't want to sit here and discuss ALL the game mechanics, so I'll leave it there.)

Edited by Murdok Dracul

Well, think about it. They already released Est as a reward for completing Border Between Life and Death. And now they've released Catria as a reward for completing The Five Annas. IS has no choice but to complete the Whitewings Trio and release Palla as the reward for completing Labyrinth Pursuit (the latest one). Unless they're going to pull some kind of unexpected switch and release Minerva, which would be rather funny, Palla being released as the next reward is the only logical thing, really.

You missed the point of my statement. My question wasn't "How do we know Palla's gonna be released?" It's "How do you know Palla has been released?" She wasn't released via SpotPass as far as anyone was concerned. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't doubt, nor have I ever doubted, that she'll eventually be available via DLC. Edited by Little Al

Are you sure that's right? I guess I'm just being picky here, but if they were on opposing teams, there would be a Player Phase and then an Enemy Phase. Say Sain's stronger and on Player Phase and Seth is faster and on Enemy Phase.

Player Phase:

Sain attacks for high damage.

Seth counter-attacks twice and leaves Sain on low HP.

Enemy Phase:

Seth attacks and kills Sain.

Now say Seth's on Player Phase instead, and Sain is on Enemy Phase.

Player Phase:

Seth attacks for low damage.

Sain counter-attacks once for high damage.

Seth gets his second attack and leaves Sain on low HP.

Enemy Phase:

Sain attacks and kills Seth.

So it's the other way around, but your basic principle is still right. And like you said, if the Hit % was taken into consideration, the outcome might be different. Considering that Seth is faster in this instance, he'd be more likely to avoid an attack than Sain, so he'd probably have the advantage. (Unless Sain had higher Skill, but I don't want to sit here and discuss ALL the game mechanics, so I'll leave it there.)

Yeah, my bad, you have it right. xP But yes, that's the principle I was getting at.

I dropped it because the mods asked us to, so why do you guys feel like special snowflakes and chose to continue discussing it?

If you're talking about my discussion with Anacybele, the reason we're so 'special' is that we're being polite and respectful. Forgive me if you were on about the other line of conversation though.

If you're talking about my discussion with Anacybele, the reason we're so 'special' is that we're being polite and respectful. Forgive me if you were on about the other line of conversation though.

^What he said.

Discussion is over anyway.

Though I'd still love to see Sain and Kent or Kieran and Oscar as paid DLC. <3

That still doesn't change that we were asked to drop it regardless of politeness or not. It causes issues when everyone is told to stop and instead of taking it to PMs you guys continued on like the rules don't apply for you. Hence the special snowflake remark.

Master Knight would be nice but it might be too broken for Awakening outside of super powered enemies for the challenge maps. Or they may just give up the Master Knight Class in the last DLC after everything is already beaten.

Edited by Fanfaire

Awakening's stat screen layout demonstrates a limit of three weapons maximum per class, but a Master Knight could still be possible with some weapon combination like Lance/Bow/Tome. However, a mounted DLC class isn't all that likely, as the current DLC classes use Strategist as a base and use its battle models if the SD card is removed, and it would be really weird for a mounted class to be displayed as an unmounted one.

I haven't played it, but if they add more character dlc, Athos, Hector, and Eliwood from FE7 sound like good choices. Also, I kind of want to see some laguz as taguels and some mamakete (myrrh, fa, etc.) And from fe8, they should've added in joshua, and maybe Tana, Duessel, and/or Gerik, as they had small plot roles.

I have a bad feeling about that, since they didn't get any convos in the Harvest of Bonds episode, which is the first Otherworld Resort episode. I'm pretty sure every playable character, except them, got a conversation there. Oh, Basilio and Flavia got shafted too...

Don't disappoint us IS!

Edited by VincentASM