Last Hope is hopeless

if you have backup then that invalidates your point of "myyrh is the best for the job"

there is literally no way for her to reach riev unless you have someone else clearing the way for her

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just use whatever mounted units I've been training. I remember once I killed everything on that section with Eirika/Ephraim/L'Arachel triangular support. Seriously, anything works.

I only use Myrrh there for backup, as rushing her alone in a place like that can easily drain her Dragonstone.

And besides, why are you even arguing this? What's the point? Myrrh can really help, why get so anal over a technicality?

Yes, Myrrh can help, but you said she was the 'best for the job'. Which in turn started this.

Edited by ZM456

I just use whatever mounted units I've been training. I remember once I killed everything on that section with Eirika/Ephraim/L'Arachel triangular support. Seriously, anything works.

Not for the TC.

I only use Myrrh there for backup, as rushing her alone in a place like that can easily drain her Dragonstone.

No it can't, there aren't nearly enough enemies for that.

Yes, Myrrh can help, but you said she was the 'best for the job', which sparked this.

Which is stupid, she's still better than those mounts/fliers/whatever.

if you just nuke riev right away maybe not

but there are ten million reinforcements that appear should you wait it out and get the treasure

Which is stupid, she's still better than those mounts/fliers/whatever.

what are proof

Edited by CT075

if you just nuke riev right away maybe not

but there are ten million reinforcements that appear should you wait it out and get the treasure

TC is clearly willing to use Warp so it's a non-issue.

what are proof

I already gave it! :-_-:

Not for the TC.

Actually there are. Throughout the whole chapter a total of 49 reinforcements show up in the South section of the map. Add that to the enemies that are already on the map and Riev himself, it's impossible for Myrrh to solo that section.

Actually there are. Throughout the whole chapter a total of 49 reinforcements show up in the South section of the map. Add that to the enemies that are already on the map and Riev himself, it's impossible for Myrrh to solo that section.

And you're not going to fight all of them! Even if you stall that's ridiculous.

So you agree you need other units to properly clear that part, right?

You are if you're going to reach Riev. (At least the western reinforcements).

And another thing, because of the time limit, you have to get through quickly. So you'll need either a good half-dozen units to wreck shit on the PP, or a godly 1-2 range unit to wreck shit on the EP. Myrrh is neither of those.

Maybe he wanted to use Warp after he got the treasure.

So...Myrrh > all mounts and fliers now? K.

Yeah, and Myrrh's great for that.

For this particular thing.

So you agree you need other units to properly clear that part, right?

Yes, what makes Myrrh the best is that she's the most useful one of the units being used for this and the mounts/fliers would need even more backup.

You are if you're going to reach Riev. (At least the western reinforcements).

And another thing, because of the time limit, you have to get through quickly. So you'll need either a good half-dozen units to wreck shit on the PP, or a godly 1-2 range unit to wreck shit on the EP. Myrrh is neither of those.

Nope, I do it without that all the time!

And no you don't, that's just silly. Besides Myrrh IS one of those.

I finally did it. I actually managed to push my way to Riev and take him out while still managing to loot everything, finishing at turn 6.

Myrrh helped a lot with the initial blockading, but it obviously wasn't a solo act; otherwise, she'd have no dragonstone left. Hero Gerik blocked the swordmasters and great knights while everyone else split up and handled the north and southwest.

Congrats TC.

Yes, what makes Myrrh the best is that she's the most useful one of the units being used for this and the mounts/fliers would need even more backup.

what is this i don't even

All they need is a few throwing weapons and enough SPD to not get doubled, which they should have.

I finally did it. I actually managed to push my way to Riev and take him out while still managing to loot everything, finishing at turn 6.

That's great!

Myrrh helped a lot with the initial blockading

See guys?!

but it obviously wasn't a solo act; otherwise, she'd have no dragonstone left.

Fair enough, would've been silly if it was.

Hero Gerik blocked the swordmasters and great knights while everyone else split up and handled the north and southwest.

Hahaha, so much for mounts and fliers! :awesome:

Nicely done! My personal favourite tactic is an Ephraim/Forde/Franz. Two of them can block the way whilst one goes for Riev himself, it's how I managed it with Let's Rage... I think I didn't use Myrrh until the final two chapters.

Myrrh is really the most reliable tank you can have in Last Hope. I don't think anyone else can reach 35 def, so even the likes of Gilliam and Duessel have a chance of dying to enemies repeatedly throwing themselves at them until they get lucky (and they will).

Nicel done. Who killed Riev, btw?

Same guy as always: Ephraim with Siegmund and a Hoplon Guard.

Edited by Baby Bonnie Hood

Nope, I do it without that all the time!

And no you don't, that's just silly. Besides Myrrh IS one of those.

Do your units have the Pass skill?

Please enlighten me as to how Myrrh either attacks at 1-2 range or is several units simultaneously.

If we're considering by raw stats alone, then Seth/Franz/Cormag/Tana are all able to rush a kill riev.

Another problem for Myrrh.

Her

Fucking

Base

HP.

And the fact that she's only good for 50 battles and etc.

Seth is good for any amount, since he can use any Sword/Lance BAR shamshir/rapier/regienlief.

Myrrh has 50 uses of being a nuke, 10 of which are probobly snatched kills.

Franz has ALL THE DAMN GAME TO IMPROVE.

Tana has great offensive growths and mount, Cormag has growths/bases/flight, etc.

Boots!GK Gilliam/Duessel can do it too.

Oh, and Rescue!Lute staffing a unit to kill RIev.

Crash, get your act straight/