Last Hope is hopeless

There only ever seems to be one single way to do Ch. 19: block the main entrance with two tanks who don't do enough damage to kill in one round, loot everything, and then warp Ephraim to take out Riev. If I try anything else, people end up dying because every single enemy reinforcement is a promoted unit that's packing silver heat.

Is it possible to beat Riev without warping?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done it a few times. Try using a barrier staff if the magic users in the enemy side are doing too much damage. Myrrh can do wonders with the reinforcements if she is leveled high enough.

It depends on how powerful your team is, and what other objectives you have. If you can get blockades set up on the right lower stairs and up north, then you can focus the main part of your force on the left lower stairs and break through to Riev.

except seth does it by like level 10

Level 10 Seth has 14.6 DEF and 38.1 HP.

Myrrh beats his DEF at base by a decent amount though she admittedly loses HP for a good while, she's still more durable as soon as she stops being double or starts getting tinked (both happen very quickly).

I speak from experiece, I generally have a badass Franz but he even struggles with the Swordmasters and GKs, whereas Myrrh is tinked by just about everything except the Ranger, which still does crap damage.

raw stats mean nothing because none of the enemies reach more than ~40 hit on him regardless and they do like 4 damage a pop

ooh, scary

Only Steel Sword Swordmasters, unpromoted Myrmidons, Mercenaries, and Archers would deal 4 damage to Level 10 Seth, and they'd have more than 40 hit.

My Franz saw more damage than that, and at higher hit rates too!

More over, Myrrh is still the best because no chance of death > small-to-medium chance of death.

And let's focus on something more important here: The TC! He can't take on the Swordies and GKs without having "tanks" take them on SLOWLY (he mentions making sure they don't kill too many), which is important. Someone like Myrrh is what he NEEDS, she can take on those guys, the ones near Riev AND THE MAN HIMSELF with NO chance of death if she's properly levelled! Just because your beloved mounts and fliers are good enough for YOU doesn't mean they're good enough for HIM!

More over, Myrrh is still the best because no chance of death > small-to-medium chance of death.

"properly leveled" is a bit difficult to define

not to mention unless myrrh ORKO's everything (i find that unlikely and if she did she'd find herself out of a weapon very fast) she's gonna get swarmed and surrounded and won't be getting anywhere

Myrrh has only 50 uses, though. And I'd rather save her for the times when you actually need her overkill offense (like final, CC, etc.)

CG and other people talking about rushing the chapter: You do realise he wants the treasure too? If you hang around, those bastards pile up quick.

"properly leveled" is a bit difficult to define

not to mention unless myrrh ORKO's everything (i find that unlikely and if she did she'd find herself out of a weapon very fast) she's gonna get swarmed and surrounded and won't be getting anywhere

Myrrh makes for good bait - that's four units that could be attacking someone worse.

It's possible to rush the boss - Ephraim can pull it, assuming he isn't screwed/underleveled.

Then she can take her time. I restate all my points related to the TC having problems.