Ana's Updated Sprites

Anacybele

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a map spriter but as a student of geology I could look at map pieces and probably tell you many many ways you could fix it xb I guess since you're unaccustomed to mountains or something you don't know how it could look better or something x3

I just don't think there's enough room on my map to do all that zig-zaggyness that's on those game maps. I don't want to make it any bigger either, because it's an early chapter and is supposed to be small.

But if someone can prove me wrong here, be my guest! I'd love to hear your ideas. :)

Edited by Anacybele

I just don't think there's enough room on my map to do all that zig-zaggyness that's on those game maps. I don't want to make it any bigger either, because it's an early chapter and is supposed to be small.

10180.png

from one of my old maps

that's not exactly very big

btw that's the edge of the map on the right

1018w.png

that's only slightly bigger than yours and you could extend it through going down

Edited by CT075

Guess I'll throw in some of my own examples:

b84e1d4da271fe52124e043f28754ce8.png

This one happens to be one strand of mountains like yours even.

39efe4ff6cf1253d8a272326a483e581.png

You could cut off the right most strand and still not exceed your width.

And if you think those are too big...

6716659759a476162f2e926c3ad694da.png

:x

The first one is probably the best example I have. It's all about how you use the tiles.

I'm still not quite sure I understand, but that's probably due to my inexperience. I'll mess around with the map again when I feel like it.

It's still too heavily zig-zag patterned. And the paths are still straight and uninteresting.

What's still too zig-zagged? And you're basically saying I didn't do a thing to make the map better? Also, I see few straight paths...

Edited by Anacybele

What's still too zig-zagged? And you're basically saying I didn't do a thing to make the map better? Also, I see few straight paths...

The road (artificailly zig-zaged. It creates a pattern, and patterns in outdoor maps are bad).

Feaw never said that, and even if he/she did, it's for your benefit.

If you're talking about in game, they're not straight for very long. If you're talking about your map, straightening things isn't necessarily a way to fix zig-zagging. Making it more random while technically correct is the way to fix it.

Fine, fine. I did try to be random, but I guess I wasn't random enough. As I said, I'll work on this again when I feel like it. I spent hours improving it last night. I'd work faster, but I'm still inexperienced, so...

my fucking internet

anyway

Whatever.png

there's a mountain ref and sort of a path ref

i started off just messing with stuff and then decided i disliked the chapter's design and made it pretty much my own

hopefully that helps

oh, if you were wondering how long it look, it was roughly 30 min

Edited by Kitty of Time

Why does it look so...faded?

Anyway, those mountains are a good reference, but since you completely changed the rest of the design, that's all I can use. Your design isn't what I was going for.

ref the paths

and the cliffs, and the-- AND THE EVERYTHING OF IT, BECUASE THIS IS HOW MAPS SHOULD BE.

There, I said it. In other words, study this map (and other good maps), and learn from them. That will make you get better.

The "fog" is her watermark. :)

I just said I don't see one. A watermark is usually some kind of symbol. I just see fadedness.

And sorry, but I'm only studying the mountains on that map. I'll look to other maps for refs on anything else.

Edited by Anacybele