Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

Sorry eclipse. Not posting at the moment cause I'm partially drinking and playing games with friends.

If you would like a post involving my thoughts, I think prims is most likely town from face value because I could see him as town picking PGO so scum can't kill him. Just because rein picked a third party that was hidden doesn't mean he's third either.

As I said though I'm drinking so I'm going to refrain saying too much at the moment. However, my current FoS is at the players voting for Rein.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I don't like Eli's reaction to Prims' claim and this is probably because scum meta suggests a paranoid Eli. Actually a lot of scum say "Oh so and so could actually be scum!" so honestly at this point it looks like he's advocating a mislynch.

Sorry eclipse. Not posting at the moment cause I'm partially drinking and playing games with friends.

If you would like a post involving my thoughts, I think prims is most likely town from face value because I could see him as town picking PGO so scum can't kill him. Just because rein picked a third party that was hidden doesn't mean he's third either.

As I said though I'm drinking so I'm going to refrain saying too much at the moment. However, my current FoS is at the players voting for Rein.

Tales of Vesperia's the only one that's coming to mind with hidden players, and there were three (one of each alignment). You being a bit drunk makes me wonder if that's the alcohol speaking, or if the above is a scumslip. Vote staying put until you can cobble together a sober response.

Honestly I don't like Eli's reaction to Prims' claim and this is probably because scum meta suggests a paranoid Eli. Actually a lot of scum say "Oh so and so could actually be scum!" so honestly at this point it looks like he's advocating a mislynch.

I respectfully disagree. I can think of at least one town motivation for advocating this lynch, but if it's what I'm thinking, then I'm gonna facepalm hard during postgame. While I don't agree with Elieson's logic, or choice of lynch target, I don't think it's enough to warrant a vote right now.

Tales of Vesperia's the only one that's coming to mind with hidden players

I thought of Carnival Phantasm, but yet after reminding myself of the hidden players in that game, it's not likely at all.

Other than that I'm drawing blanks myself :/

I thought of Carnival Phantasm, but yet after reminding myself of the hidden players in that game, it's not likely at all.

Other than that I'm drawing blanks myself :/

Forgot about those, but given the mechanics behind them, you're basically hidden vanilla.

Signed,

Arcrueid

Other note: not all hiddens have been thirds, but off hand I can't think of one that wasn't

NON-DRAFTED GAMES WITH NON-THIRD-PARTY HIDDEN PLAYERS:

- Assassin's Guild (Proto, town doctor)

- Schoolboy Mafia (N, town holy-shit-what-was-I-thinking)

- Death Note Mafia (L, Near, and maybe Light Yagami)

- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Celebi, town something-or-other)

. . .and that's all that's coming to my brain.

Just because rein picked a third party that was hidden doesn't mean he's third either.

Okay. As Clipsey and I have shown, there can be non-3rd hiddens. This also feels like a slip to me (or otherwise a lapse of cognitive thought). I think this is appropriate for now.

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

How would you know which hidden role Rein drafted?

I don't?

I should have said hidden player and not third party. =|

I meant hidden player because of the fact that a hidden player is the only character that would have to be revealed.

I don't?

I should have said hidden player and not third party. =|

I meant hidden player because of the fact that a hidden player is the only character that would have to be revealed.

Bold is mine. :facepalm:

Hidden player that's hidden seems a little redundant. ;/

Since it's stupidly late where you are, why not get some rest, then continue this? I've made my point, and I'd really like everyone else to share their thoughts. Mafia is a boring two-player game.

Let me do it this way:

To all players, when you think hidden player, what is the first thing that pops into your head? Is it town? Is it scum? Or is it third-party?

Now take into account that I was drinking a little bit so my brain process was and still partially is not at the best, proof it taking me way to long to type this sentence. you should be able to arrive at how i said what i said. I think that explains my point of view?

Now whatever I'm going to bed, I'll be up later with a clearer head.

So I'm gonna reiterate what I said since you apparently didn't read it.

I SHOULD HAVE SAID HIDDEN PLAYER INSTEAD OF THIRD PARTY.

In other words take the "THIRD PARTY" int he damn sentence and replace it with "Hidden Player". =|

So, what you meant to say was:

Just because rein picked a hidden player that was hidden doesn't mean he's third either.

Or was it:

Just because rein picked a hidden player that was hidden doesn't mean he's hidden either.

Or:

Just because rein picked a third party that was hidden doesn't mean he's hidden either.

None of those really make much sense, Shinori. The "third party" bit was totally not just mistyping. Maybe playing mafia while drinking wasn't as good a plan as you thought, eh? I expect an explanation for this next time you're online.

@Aere- I'll let it go I guess because upon reread you didn't actually press him as hard before suddenly switching as I thought you did.

I thought about it and while I'm kind of wary of Elieson still, what Eclipse is saying makes sense. There isn't much scum motivation for challenging the PGO claim so brazenly from the very beginning.

Uhh, I'm not really liking the case against Shinori right now. Why are you guys pressing him so hard on one sentence he said when he was drunk? And Kay saying he 's digging himself deeper- how? His excuse for the so-called "scumslip" was the same from the beginning, he just started to say it in caps lock instead of lower case as he had to repeat it again and again. Plus I kind of agree with Prims- it feels like Kay is making large posts without much actual content in them.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Kay

Gut check on BBM for that last post, as such:

Uhh, I'm not really liking the case against Shinori right now. Why are you guys pressing him so hard on one sentence he said when he was drunk?

Why should there be an exception? Anything people say in the thread should be considered when making cases, regardless of whether they may be inebriated or not.

His excuse for the so-called "scumslip" was the same from the beginning, he just started to say it in caps lock instead of lower case as he had to repeat it again and again.

I think the point here was that what he was saying didn't quite adequately justify why he said that, if only from a logical standpoint (as Kay noted).

Better question: why only focus on Kay instead of mentioning either my or Clipsey in more detail?

Also; Shinori has all of 2 votes. In case you didn't notice, hammer is at 10. This seems a little bit panicky over only two votes.

Personally disagree with BBM's post. The attention given to Shinori is valid, considering that could be a possible slip. ts not like we're advocating a Shinori lynch at this point.

I also disagree that Kay looks scummy for Prims' reasons- they do have content. although they dont need to be that large. All this role speculation started with none other than Prims himself anyway, who voted Rein for reasons depending upon restrictions and roles. Kay looks scummy for seemingly propagating a possible Prims mislynch, but Eli looks worse in that regard.

##Unvote ##Vote:BBM for that sudden defence for Shinori and sheeping Prims