Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

While I didn't correct it, I did ask earlier, and I'll ask again: Why are you assuming scum has a redirector? Even better, why are you assuming PGO and redirector are in the same team? For all you know their restrictions could be totally different. No doubt if scum has redirector then whether Prims is town or not, scum will be getting two kills per phase.

Why are you refusing to consider it?

But seriously, the simple flaw is, if a redirector visits X and redirects to his visit of PGO, then pgo is visitted and redirector dies (presumably).

I don't even know if this is true to occur. But it could be, depending on the role mechanics. And I haven't yet viewed possible roles since I still don't have working internet at home.

I hinted at you to think about the theory, and all you did was look at my consideration for why I presented a possibility, without even thinking of a logical argument against the possibility of it even working (which I gave you time to come up with, and even asked specify for it, btw).

All you did was look at my motivation, you didn't even try to interpret what I said literally. I asked you to prove me wrong.

And this is my fear, that town is going to continue to look at this game with one eye closed and make costly mistakes, and jump into mislynching because a few people can't look at a post's content and motivation simultaneously.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##Unvote

Psych. Stop Making sense. You're scaring me.

I think Rein's suspect as I remember only 1 role with that restriction, and that was the scum stalker. But, uh, you can easily prove me wrong tonight, I suppose.

##Vote: BigBangMeteor

Let's dance.

Also Rein, you should have totally picked Pokemon Hydra

I admittedly didn't even think of this, but that would just be one shot-instant vig because of the lack of Pokemon, which is way worse than Kratos.
I think Rein's suspect as I remember only 1 role with that restriction, and that was the scum stalker. But, uh, you can easily prove me wrong tonight, I suppose.

Each and every hidden possible in this game (Kratos, Alexei, Duke, and the CP guys) were revealed if they posted in the thread X amount of times (2 for ToV, 1 for CP), so that is not even a factor. You'll all be hearing me shouting tomorrow if I don't get hitman killed or roleblocked or other stupid shit anyway, and the jail is a day ability that was announced as happening. My role is not really up for debate by the time N1 begins.

Each and every hidden possible in this game (Kratos, Alexei, Duke, and the CP guys) were revealed if they posted in the thread X amount of times (2 for ToV, 1 for CP), so that is not even a factor. You'll all be hearing me shouting tomorrow if I don't get hitman killed or roleblocked or other stupid shit anyway, and the jail is a day ability that was announced as happening. My role is not really up for debate by the time N1 begins.

I recall the restrictions in ToVM differently, but like you said, we're just waiting on the end of the phase to prove your role. Unless Stupid Shit happens.

Brad, I've yet to receive the I segment of my IO status. Just being O on it's own is far less exciting ;-;

Get on Skype.

Also Cam sent me a PM before scorri posted ( http://i.imgur.com/Fkw7Z.png ), so he's subbing in for Core.

Edit again: I'm gonna go get lunch then do votals

Edited by Paperblade

@Aere- I'll let it go I guess because upon reread you didn't actually press him as hard before suddenly switching as I thought you did.

I thought about it and while I'm kind of wary of Elieson still, what Eclipse is saying makes sense. There isn't much scum motivation for challenging the PGO claim so brazenly from the very beginning.

Uhh, I'm not really liking the case against Shinori right now. Why are you guys pressing him so hard on one sentence he said when he was drunk? And Kay saying he 's digging himself deeper- how? His excuse for the so-called "scumslip" was the same from the beginning, he just started to say it in caps lock instead of lower case as he had to repeat it again and again. Plus I kind of agree with Prims- it feels like Kay is making large posts without much actual content in them.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Kay

I'm saying he was digging himself deeper because instead of saying "uh, my mistake, what I meant was (insert something that makes sense)", he said "no no no, just replace this phrase with this phrase, isn't that obvious". It's not the one sentence. It's not the excuse of being drunk. It's that he said one thing, mentioning third parties, and then it seemed like he was trying to pretend that he never meant to mention third parties when it was pretty obvious he did.

Also, wrt to the sheeping Prims, let me go more in detail of why I don't Kay is doing much. Her first few posts are just role speculation and game theory (and are you seriously blaming Prims for starting role speculation by claiming PGO?), and then she pokes a bit at Shinori's post (but it's mainly building on what other people are saying), and then doesn't actually back up whatever she's saying with a vote, leaving people (me, at least) unsure whether she's advising Shinori to sober up and come back, or saying he made a scumslip while drunk.

If you're referring to me questioning Prims drafting PGO, it's not role speculation like "oh, maybe so-and-so has this role" or "maybe this role is in the game", it's "why does so-and-so have this role". How is that necessarily bad? Do you think a mafia player and a town player, having the same restriction, would both want the same roles? I kinda feel like you're just jumping on something normally considered scummy as a way to accuse me here.

I was saying he made a somethingslip while drunk, at least in the sense that he didn't seem to want us to know what he meant, and what I wanted was for him to sober up and come back and explain what he meant by the third party thing instead of pretending it didn't happen. I figured that based on his reasoning, it might just look really bad and actually have made sense, so I wanted to give him a chance. Does that clarify things?

I don't like your posts against Shinori. Not because I'm defending him (trust me, I'm not), but because you are sticking words in his mouth, then basing your opinion of him based on what choices you are "allowing" him to say.

I was telling him that what he said he was saying didn't make sense. I wanted him to say something besides what I apparently "allowed" him to say. I think you aren't really understanding my post. Not that it's not probably my fault, but you appear to be missing my point, is all I'm saying.

or with people assuming Prims' role will just let him coast to the end. second of all, why does prims have to be today's target or something like that? there are plenty of other scummy looking people at the moment and I just think it's better to get information from lynching someone and leaving prims alive to see what could happen with his role

Sounds like you have something you want to share with the class, Psych. Who are all these "scummy looking people", besides Aere?

I read the bolded poorly and thought Eclipse had said that Rein was third because of what he picked, also when I think hidden I generally go straight to third party instead of town or scum. This lead to what happened.

And yeah, this makes sense now. Sorry for pissing you off, btw, Shinori.

DeliriumCT075

hi gais

SO i've been sort of keeping up with the thread so far but not really so give me a sec to read

for now all i have to say is wrt the prims thing - we should go after him if we can't find another target but for now i say leave him be

Votals

[4]Kay: Prims, BBM, Elieson, Kevin

[3]Shinori: Rapier, eclipse, Manix

[1]Strider: Prims, Serious Bananas, Kevin

[1]Elieson: Bluedoom, BBM, Iris

[1]BBM: Aere, Bluedoom, Snike

[1]Psych: Strider, Snike

[1]Aere: Psych

[1]Sage: Serious Bananas

[1]Serious Bananas: Shinori

[0]Rapier: Prims

[0]scorri: BBM

[0]Snike: Strider

[0]Kevin: Snike

[0]Prims: BBM, Elieson

[0]eclipse: Manix

[5]Not Voting: Anouleth, Sage, Cam, Bluedoom, Kay

going through really fast because if i take too long my pizza will get here and then it'll be completely gone before i can eat any

Honestly that sounds like a good role for scum if you ask me.

this post in general just bothers me, it seems like marth is trying too hard to make a case that isn't there

While I didn't correct it, I did ask earlier, and I'll ask again: Why are you assuming scum has a redirector? Even better, why are you assuming PGO and redirector are in the same team? For all you know their restrictions could be totally different. No doubt if scum has redirector then whether Prims is town or not, scum will be getting two kills per phase. That said right now the only drafted game with redirector as a role that comes from the top of my head is SSBU mafia. We should probably count the no. of drafted games with that role to check out that possibility, even though your theory seemed far-fetched.

this actually kind of makes sense but now it's looking to me that marth knows more than he should

##vote marth

And this is my fear, that town is going to continue to look at this game with one eye closed and make costly mistakes, and jump into mislynching because a few people can't look at a post's content and motivation simultaneously.

why the fuck are you playing to emotion like this

like this entire post is just talking about how we should be fishing more for content

content is easy to fake

motivation is not

scummy: everyone as no one else has claimed or been confirmed as town

also the way I see it is we have the following options

Lynch Prims: See what Prims role actually is

Lynch Someone else: See what their role is and have a claim from Prims

if you notice, one gives us more information while keeping the other part of the information alive

also in regards to scummy people, I'm currently leaning Kay, Aere, and Elieson, and then BBM is like a tier below that

also I feel weird towards eclipse right now, but I'm not sure if it's good or bad

For the record, Psych seems to think I'm scummy because I talked the most during the Prims scenario.

Why was this required to be stated? You seem overly defensive.

Kay just has a vote parked on me, even after admitting what I did now makes more sense. I don't see scum hunting here, FoS at you.

Since my vote on SB isn't going anywhere because he isn't here I'm gonna move it, FoS still applies to you SB though, do something, voting a newbie lurker and meta reasons isn't helping and it's not scum hunting.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Aere

Why did the post above sound so defensive in regards to psych if you see his reasoning as bad reasoning to vote you? No one else was on you at all. No one was even talking about you, where did this come from? Were you stating this because you think Psych is scum? I'd like to hear that case because I don't see it at all.

Aere: General thought is that Rein would be coming from a scum group which could only pick from scum roles. Don't know if it means anything but it's more interesting than jokevoting. If scum were allowed mixed then it's probably a townslip.

PGO isn't alignment related.

But the roles are still treated as if they were scum/town roles from their respective games, right? If that's the case, it's impossible for you to be from the town, since the town is forced to pick a town role.

A passive role.

... So everyone's got different restrictions? Meh, forget it then.

I believe Prims is Town, for now.

actually you know what, here's something to think about:

why would scum!PGO claim? They could just get extra kills by having people run into the PGO. WIFOM and all, but I actually don't see it happening right now.

To get town points early on. After all, a good PGO would roleclaim so that nobody will visit him. It is really a good role for scum, however. But since we can't really do anything based only on his claim, I'd rather leave it alone for some time.

btw,

##Unvote Prims

I hate RVS, so you're welcome, town.

... What. So you always thought he was town?

But the roles are still treated as if they were scum/town roles from their respective games, right? If that's the case, it's impossible for you to be from the town, since the town is forced to pick a town role.

since when

I was saying he made a somethingslip while drunk, at least in the sense that he didn't seem to want us to know what he meant, and what I wanted was for him to sober up and come back and explain what he meant by the third party thing instead of pretending it didn't happen. I figured that based on his reasoning, it might just look really bad and actually have made sense, so I wanted to give him a chance. Does that clarify things?

I was telling him that what he said he was saying didn't make sense. I wanted him to say something besides what I apparently "allowed" him to say. I think you aren't really understanding my post. Not that it's not probably my fault, but you appear to be missing my point, is all I'm saying.

I may have missed your point then, because the way I saw things was that you assumed to interpret Drunknori's posts as A, B, or C, and that you were applying pressure, where it wasn't necessary, to him to clear things up (when in all likelyhood, he was going to anyway, since several others had prodded him too), instead of just saying "hey, did you mean A, B, C, or something other than A B or C?"

Okay so I just woke up and I've skimmed, but gut check on Psych for this post and this post.

I was playing around with the idea of someone drafting the Life role from SFMM2 as scum, and that first post I linked gave me a weird feeling as Psych goes and berates someone in every sentence, and I'm fairly certain that's not normal Psych play. And the second post is just... okay. Just because your scum play is "shit" doesn't mean you aren't (and it could possibly be a ruse). /contrived reasoning

Now let me read through the thread again.