Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

I don't see why we should lynch prims just because he claimed PGO. We lynch players based on their behaviour and posts, not based on their role claims(although not that role claims are not important, but still)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why would you PICK PGO, Prims? You did have a choice, you know.

So that I won't die early as town. The fact that it's to be claimed openly also reduces the NK pool and slightly increases our doc's odds of a succesful protect. Also it can kill people so it's instantly cooler than bulletproof.

Then why would you PICK PGO, Prims? You did have a choice, you know.

Restrictions, restrictions. Maybe he had to pick some anti-town role? PGO is a smart choice because being an RB would interfere with town most of the time and being Miller ain't fun.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rein

Actually, why would you assume my pick was limited by alignment if you only knew of your own drafting alignment limitations as opposed to a team's? :ed1reasoning:

I don't follow your logic here, Prims. Why would Rein make a supposedly untrue assumption with less information, as opposed to more information? What?

Also, if there were some players with restrictions on the alignment of the role they drafted, and others without those restrictions, wouldn't it make more sense for scum to be able to pick town roles than vice-versa?

Elie's voting the PGO claim. >_>

While I am myself a little skeptical, PGO is a policy lynch later if we aren't at MYLO/LYLO/whatever because it could easily be a fake. I see no reason to pursue Prims right now.

If no one CC's picking a KRRM role, I'm more than willing to believe Prims for now.

When is the PGO actually ever policy lynched? I don't remember this happening.

That doesn't verify his claim. He could have picked a different KRRM role, or he could be telling the truth about his role and lying about alignment. Personally, I think PGO would be much better as a scum role than a town role, so that sounds likely enough to me.

Ending the RVS early is a good thing.

Like I said, being PGO doesn't make me town or scum, and negative utility doesn't give town reason to keep me around should I become a lynch target. It wouldn't actually work as a stalling tactic.

If your role is that useless as town, why did you pick it? Since your role is already outed, no harm in you sharing your motivation, right?

That doesn't verify his claim. He could have picked a different KRRM role, or he could be telling the truth about his role and lying about alignment. Personally, I think PGO would be much better as a scum role than a town role, so that sounds likely enough to me.

While I agree with your first line, I believe PGO is a much better town role than scum role. Townies get NK'ed, scum usually doesn't.

I personally haven't seen PGO ever be policy lynched from memory, but it's a logical progression: If the claimed PGO has not been the most townie in the world, and town has a mislynch to spare, it's well worth it as it means at worst you lynch a town-sided PGO and prevent collateral damage or lynch (fakeclaiming optional) scum.

While I agree with your first line, I believe PGO is a much better town role than scum role. Townies get NK'ed, scum usually doesn't.

You are confusing it with the bomb. A PGO kills anyone who acts on it, not killers. Which means even the cop dies if he scans him.

Honestly that sounds like a good role for scum if you ask me.

I personally haven't seen PGO ever be policy lynched from memory, but it's a logical progression: If the claimed PGO has not been the most townie in the world, and town has a mislynch to spare, it's well worth it as it means at worst you lynch a town-sided PGO and prevent collateral damage or lynch (fakeclaiming optional) scum.

That's a faulty thought process. Why would we run for a potential mislynch, especially THIS early in d1? We'd be way better off scumhunting.

okay, let's clear some stuff up. This is the role Prims claimed:

[spoiler=Scissors]

Dear Strawman the DucksawDucky,

KATGQ.jpg

You are Kamen Rider Scissors.

You are the third Rider to appear, and your status as an antagonist was used to show the Japanese public that the Riders this time around aren't all the heroes they're used to. You use a lot of brute force, but not much else of note. Your motif is a crab.

In this game, visiting you is a bad idea. Anyone who does will be killed by your Crush Vent, but remember that their action will not be voided. In short, you're the Mafia Paranoid Gun Owner.

You are mafia-aligned. You win if you achieve parity with all non-mafia players.

Except it's town aligned. I'm going to assume it will kill absolutely anyone who visits it (and it's not the variant that either only kills one or doesn't kill any if targeted by multiple people.)

Ok, then. Prims seems well enough to me for now.

Elie, why do you think Prims would be scum over a town!PGO? Early claiming is a viable strategy either way.

Think about it. What good does a town PGO do? If they don't claim, other townies suicide on them. Maybe scum will hit them too, but it's not as likely due to simple statistics. Even if someone's a popular mafia target, they'd probably be a popular target for the cop, doc, etc as well. What good does a scum PGO do? They can't be investigated, probably wouldn't be vigkilled, etc. In other words, the only real danger to them is lynching. Which Prims seems to be successfully postponing with his claim, because after all, we can always lynch him the next day. Or the day after that. Or the day after that, even.

I mean, it's not that a town PGO can't be useful, IMO it's still a good role, it's that mafia PGO is really awesome.

I guess he could be town fakeclaiming to avoid being namekilled, but still, doesn't seem worthwhile IMO.

That's a faulty thought process. Why would we run for a potential mislynch, especially THIS early in d1? We'd be way better off scumhunting.

Elie's voting the PGO claim. >_>

While I am myself a little skeptical, PGO is a policy lynch later if we aren't at MYLO/LYLO/whatever because it could easily be a fake. I see no reason to pursue Prims right now.

Here let me help you with that (look at the bolded). I'm not advocating lynching Prims D1 at all. You must have missed that.

It may be logical but it's the kind of thing that doesn't actually happen.

Problem is, you'd probably have to do something to draw that cop search. Which would be a lot easier to do if you didn't claim PGO...?

I'm feeling town from Prims.

There's more to a PGO claim than just a scan. It usually means we assume the claimer is town until a slip up, meaning its easier for scum PGO to avoid a lynch until much later.

Here let me help you with that (look at the bolded). I'm not advocating lynching Prims D1 at all. You must have missed that.

Then we cross that bridge when we get to it, and there isn't much of a point discussing it further now? Only thing we're really getting here is Elie's reaction.

think.

Pgo is never a target. Therefore doc, cop, etc target non-prims, minimizing the possible active role targets.

Scum redirect + scum pgo + nightkill = 2 potential kills for scum.

This isnt balance-mode either, so it is 100% plausible.

My thought. Until I have a good reason to no longer consider this, or someone scumslips, my vote stays.

Well, I'm going to sleep, but some of my thoughts from these last few pages:

1. Elieson's automatic belief that Prims is lying is off-putting.

2. Aere's sudden switch from questioning Prims to thinking he's town is sort of odd. Can you explain why exactly you think Prims looks town right now, Aere?