Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

Elieson seems scummy, but I think everyone's twigged that.

Prims also seems suspcious because of the pgo claim, and even if she's town she'll be some bullshit trash role, so I guess I might have been willing to vote for her.

Not going to accuse Aere over calling out Elieson on his bullshit just yet but still kind of weird I mean it's no excuse to go around accusing people of being "defensive", as if town players should just bend over and accept their fate. I guess my opinion on him will ultimately depend on what Elieson turns out to be.

(bolding player names for readability)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait when was anouleth playing, i recalled prims saying something, but i thought he meant something else. i missed something didn't i

@Kirsche: Couldn't tell you when phase ends, my perception of time is lost after the past few days. I agree that not everyone one can say can be original, but you didn't really try at all. And I wouldn't consider your post passive-agressive, your reaction bothers me, it's more defensive, now is it? :F

@BBM:

:facepalm:

BBM, you're grasping. Now I see why people are suspicious of you. I see so many things wrong with this post.

(1) What do you mean I didn't give a reason, did you not read? You're basically dismissing my whole paragraph, statement(?) as "omg Iris knows Elieson is going to flip town, must be scum trying to get townie cred", first I disagree that scum is ever to get town cred from being opposed to a lynch (since I haven't seen it, but that's unrelated).

(2) I don't ever mention I think Elieson is town. I conceded that he's "weird". I'm not advocating "don't listen Elie".

(2) So Snike too isn't feeling the Elieson wagon, is he scum?

(3) Your opinions are not very cohesive? "Elieson = scum" "Iris = scum since she must know Elie is going to flip town" ; a lot of the reason I don't feel the Elie wagon is because my opinions mostly don't contradict each other (re: vote on Kirsche); Snike has a post outlining reasons of Elie voters

(4) "he has 6 or 7 votes on him already so I don't really think another one is necessary quite yet" quoting Prims here, are you afraid to stack votes on Elie?

(5) Did I forget anything? Oh yeah, are you scum?

@Cam: see above. Can you neatly (I have trouble digesting your posts properly) explain why you want Elie lynched? c: thanks

Snike, I called it defensive because he used the exact same words to counter me, in a snide tone. Straw Grasping and Metagaming? I accused him of both earlier. That whole half screamed "No, you!".

Iris, you said that you weren't feeling the wagon on Elie at all, and said it was weird and early. You never said why it was weird, and considering we're like 2/3rds through the phase, it's hardly early. So yeah, you basically just came in, said you didn't think Elie was scummy, and didn't give a reason as to why.

Also, you're right, me thinking Elie is scum doesn't go with me thinking you're scum for hard defending me. That's because I don't take my scumreads as 100% flipped scum, because I know I'm not an amazing scumhunter who's always right.

BBM:

Are you choosing to ignore my other points?

I said Elieson was weird. At least I believe I did. He's weird because of the Prims "waffle" if you want to call it, and I suppose other assorted mishaps. I mentioned the former. Did you read?

@Cam: see above. Can you neatly (I have trouble digesting your posts properly) explain why you want Elie lynched? c: thanks

i explained my reasons more than once but i'll reiterate since apparently nobody can see it

I don't like how much elie started pushing us to look deeper into prims and then backs off like he actually bought it and/or guessed that prims was town all along

and then there's this post that is basically a giant play for emotion (seriously, read that last line ;/ )... and he STILL continues not voting prims. For what alternative? Kay had admittedly not done a lot, but posts like this and this just rub me the wrong way entirely.

in addition to his OMGUS

Snike, I called it defensive because he used the exact same words to counter me, in a snide tone. Straw Grasping and Metagaming? I accused him of both earlier. That whole half screamed "No, you!".

It's hard to discern tone aside from brackets when most of it is literally one to three words long. Your opinion of it doesn't really mesh with the second half of the post where it appears that he's elaborating his points against you. Furthermore, he's actually doing that thing where he's using your own words against you, because he has a point IMO.

Yeah, I don't buy this one bit.

I was more concerned with the part where he just said "grasping" or "meta" to my posts. How exactly was I grasping? The second half of his post is also defense, not elaborating against me.

Hurgh.

Still at work. Not to satisfied about being at 7 votes.

I started shit to create discussion. Better than waiting by for someone else to slowly build into whatever you all think I am.

And really. For the last time.

I used Prims' claim as a medium to create discussion. I voted him to show, with my argument, that I was not RVSing.

I would rather not be lynched for intentionall trying to draw out scummy behavior from other people.

Going back to work, then home to iso or sleep or both.

At this point, I don't even care. If you wanna lynch me that badly whole I'm at work, just do it.

I'm gonna keep scumhunting. I'm gonna keep drawing out reactions. And eventually, something will come up that is so obvious that everyone can see it. Since apparently all I've done is nothing but scummy things, and scummy acting people are who should be lynched, then you could. I can't stop you.

But try considering that I'm not trying to actually get myself lynched. Do you think i sign up for these to see how quickly I can get hammered on day 1?

Meh, ill be back on in an hour-ish.

Oh, scumreads have changed.

Aere (Actually flipping out, like seriously panicky flipping out, at my analysis of him calling my meta and grasping)

Cam (softdefending Prims)

SB (for a downright sheepy vote, and absolutely nothing else in his other posts)

Manix (well, not so much. Our opinions differ, I may as well just accept that)

Prims is neutral. Ok? Do you understand that 51% on a meter of town to scum uf effectively neutral? I admitted my meta argument on him was weak. I'm not pressing it (i obly did for like one post)

Anything else?

##Unvote Cam

##Vote Aere

frustration

Please read my posts. #402 should answer your question.

Maybe I'm miscommunicating what my point is or maybe I'm misinterpreting what 402 is trying to say, but that post doesn't answer my question at all...

Uuugh I blew this off all day to dick around in mmf2 and now there are a ton of posts. Catching up.

Before that though, can we maybe build up a wagon that isn't Elieson before deadline? Seriously these votals suck.

Your reasoning on me is shoddy. 319 was a vote because of Manix and I having differing opinions. I feel that RVS ending promptly is more important, because it allows the players to not waste time waiting for someone to react/overreact. Manix believes that you can learn more from that. While both have their benefits, I see voting randomly to fill a wagon and wait for a reaction to be more scummy, as it doesn't move the game forward. It simply forces the game to trudge along until someone /finally/ pops up to say something. That time biding is scummy (in a sense that it's not neutral, and certainly not town) to me, even if it isn't an inheritely scummy action.

So, according to you, I'm scummy because I am me, combined with the fact that I find Manix scummy (thus voted him), and also that I didn't feel the need to out every scumread that I had all in one post. I've since then, outed my scumreads (now I have to split my focus and create and manage 5 cases at once, something I had hoped to do just a few at a time).

Furthermore, I feel as though I've clarified my reasons as to those I consider scum by now.

Perhaps my views on RVS differ from yours as well, but that doesn't make then scummy; that just makes then different.

Not sure how this can't be seen as elaborating on why you're wrong aere, especially the thinner half of it. ;/

So, according to you, I'm scummy because I am me, combined with the fact that I find Manix scummy (thus voted him), and also that I didn't feel the need to out every scumread that I had all in one post. I've since then, outed my scumreads (now I have to split my focus and create and manage 5 cases at once, something I had hoped to do just a few at a time).

Your reasoning for voting Manix was that he didn't want to end RVS, and then you provided no other reasoning. What? It's incredibly hypocritical for you to call Manix scummy because your RVS views differ from his.

I'm not gonna post much more tonight. I'm really tired.

I feel like Elie is voting me to get the vote off him...

And you're completely misinterpreting my tone. I've been nothing but calm this entire game.

The majority of what you have said on me is my meta, I'm "grasping for straws" which...it's day 1, there its nothing resembling an irreversible scumslip to dig on) and that I'm defending defending defending.

I have 7 votes on me. You are telling me that I am not actually allowed to vote for nearly half of the game's players, even if I see them voting for what I interpret as poor town play / realistic scum play? The fact that your vote is on me just makes it easier to spot fmpov?

And besides that, if I didn't read your tone correctly, or didn't read Cam's defense of Prims correctly then what's to say you read my "grasping" correctly?

I suppose you could use that same argument against me, had I voted for any one of the ppl voting me. But alas, with so many on me already, my single vote already seems to have bothered you so much already.

Take that as you will.

RE: Elie: Didn't bother fucking around because people reacted to the PGO claim pretty early and it got us here.

RE: Psych: Pretty sure that if I (or anybody) claimed doc ED1 scum would just assume I was trying to trick them! Plus I could end up shooting a safeguard / JK / whatever.

Won't be around until a couple hours before deadline tomorrow. We need to make sure to get a majority but seriously, don't fucking hammer early this time (Snike).

Regarding Manix vote: still bad, Elie's Manix vote wasn't opportunistic because what Manix was saying was bad gameplay theory but not actually scummy as it could not go back in time and stop Elie from ending the RVS. No reason for scum!Elie to expect an influx of votes on Manix. Feel like Manix is taking Elie making silly posts and running with it for mislynch. HOWEVER Manix lynch is obviously not happening today as people are just ignoring him!! Whatever.

Still do not want to lynch Elie. Refer to what I said about how he should've dropped the PGO push ages ago as scum after it just got people to call him out / vote him for faulty logic because they thought he was dumb. The case on me wasn't picking up traction and this is not a situation where sticking to his guns would make Elie look townier. Also he keeps getting votes which are basically opportunism 101.

##Unvote

##Vote: Aere (L-6) for counterwagon

The extent of his scumhunting is "Elie is my strongest read but (waffles)". Too big of a time period where he was posting a lot ED1 but not voting anybody, appears wait-and-see (or he just couldn't fake cases cuz he was scum).

I'm okay with Rapier lynch too but can't imagine it gathering the support because the votals are so scrambled and we're running out of time. Rapier's post was just what everybody else was saying with support for both big wagons, no comments on anybody who wasn't important at the time. Need more from him. Also what the fuck suspecting somebody when you admit they're doing something you do? Explain why it's only scummy when Marth does it?

Anouleth post seems shallow. Why call out Aere but not the other people on the Elie wagon with sheepy votes? Also, why aren't you voting?

Back to block posting. UGH.

BBM - I got the sense than in the last Anonymafia, you were more direct, and less question-asky. You kinda got that back here (compare both the tone and content to your earlier stuff).

Elieson - AAAAHHHH!!!!! You're accusing Cam of buddying, but don't think Prims is scum? AND THEN THIS, which now has my emotional side screaming for a policy lynch (because I despise intentionally scummy play) while my logical side says that policy lynches, by nature, are lame. Hello tone flip, which doesn't help your case in the least. The rest of my thoughts on you are below.

Rapier - Buckles way too easily, and then gives the hypothetical case that Prims would be lynched on what would've been a damn early wagon, all in the same post. The tone shifts in the same post worry me the most, but I don't think it warrants a lynch just yet.

Iris - I completely disagree. BBM has nary a question mark in that post, and he's stating what appears to be his direct opinion. Your latest posts are also uncharacteristically aggressive; is RL super-stressful right now?

Cam - We get it, you don't like Elieson. Neither do a lot of other people. What about the rest of the game?

Oh, right, someone wanted my opinion on Manix. . .well. . .

Manix - Finally dropped the passive D1 stuff, and is more neutral-aggressive. I don't like his follow-the-votes play (or his recent posts), or the logic in the last bit of this post (because trying to explain someone else's logic that baldly sits badly with me), but he is talking. He should be back before deadline, and hopefully, he'll discuss more than Elieson.

My biggest problem with a D1 Elieson lynch is that my emotional side wants to get involved. Using the "intentionally scummy" defense will almost always trigger it. The other issue I have is that this entire debacle reminds me far too much of Aere's lynch in the latest Not SFMM, where he was town and flailing just as badly as Elieson is now. Speaking of Aere, I like this the least. The first half of the post Aere seems to have a problem with was leading up to the second half, which most definitely wasn't snide. I wouldn't object to an Aere lynch on the grounds that he got outright defensive when Snike started poking him. However, my strongest read is Bananas, who still couldn't be arsed to give comments on the rest of the game. I'm on the fence about Manix - on one hand, he's not being passive, but on the other hand, his latest posts seem very focused on Elieson, with a short trip to Psych/himself every now and then.

Vote staying put, should be back before phase end to move it if necessary.

okay I have returned from school (laptop battery run out, schoolwork, etc.)

but on top of that I have on online test to do before the night is over >_>

Anyway, I need to take a step back and actually look at people other than Elie/Psych, so I'll get to that at some point (I'm quite tired right now, and really don't have the drive for reading stuff)

Initial thoughts of where I should probably go:

- Look at BBM again, because I think I dropped that far too quickly

- See what the fuss is about with Aere

- Look at the Iris/BBM interaction that happened recently

- Need to look at Snike's posts, mostly because I've looked at them and thought they were alright, but mostly flipped past them