Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

Thanks for listening guys! I need to be around more when it matters.

My restriction was to pick a town role without killing abilities. I can't be mafia, or have a mafia alliance. I picked Iris from touhou.

I literally can't be scum. But now I'm vanilla, which is sick :/

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...If you can't pick a town role with killing abilities, doesn't that mean you could've picked a cop as a role? Why on earth you didn't pick an investigative role is beyond me. First game that comes to mind is GSM- fullcop is awesome and you would've prevented mafia from taking any cool roles from GSM(not like they did, but wth?)

Most important thing in a game of mafia is your word and your vote. Me getting multiple lives fits with that standpoint.

I obviously didn't think of having it turn out this way, but...

Why do I always lose motivation in the games I actually want to play :/:

well...that was unexpected...he said not night killable. Ididn't expect Deathproof in general.

Someone said kay claimed. Where was that?

Also, thanks for the support Sage.

Most important thing in a game of mafia is your word and your vote. Me getting multiple lives fits with that standpoint.

I obviously didn't think of having it turn out this way, but...

Why do I always lose motivation in the games I actually want to play :/:

Bold: Cop helps out with that. Also I honestly dont think scum has ever thought of killing you before, so why assume that now? Ifthey have its because you have openly claimed roles.

Someone said kay claimed. Where was that?

Kay claimed to Strider via his role or something like that.

I think Aere's claim is really weak. I don't think I have to expound on why, should I? ;/ Should totally be vigged.

What? You think there weren't any scum in the wagon on me? Now they have no reason to kill me: You guys are all probably power roles, I'm a vanilla. Why would they kill me.

I said WHY PICK DEATHPROOF when scum usually doesn't target you anyway? If you're town that's the only thing you'll worry about, and not lynches.

I said WHY PICK DEATHPROOF when scum usually doesn't target you anyway? If you're town that's the only thing you'll worry about, and not lynches.

Um, why would I think scum usually doesn't target me? Me being deathproof allows one cleared town/one less doctor protect/one less cop target. Well, that's what I had thought. I was a better lynch target than Elie, which could imply a bunch of things.

My restriction was to pick a town role without killing abilities. I can't be mafia, or have a mafia alliance. I picked Iris from touhou.

I literally can't be scum. But now I'm vanilla, which is sick :/

@Bolded: STOP

Just because you had to pick a town role does not mean you have to be town in this game

Carry on

The point being DEATPROOF doesnt help with scumhunting at all. Hell you couldve even taken Oracle, that would actually clear you and not make you a target. >.< Also DP doesn't clear you at all because even mafia benefits from that.

Yeah I'm not really seeing where Aere is going with this- first off we don't even know you're telling the truth about your picking restriction. "No killing roles" sounds incredibly vague for a townie, since all it really does is prevent picking Vig. Plus, if I compare it to some of the restrictions other townies have posted, and the one I have, it's much more open-ended. Rein had to be a town hidden player, and Elie had to be a modkilled townie, but you could be basically any town role except Vig? Not buying that at all.

Well now you are vanilla. After being lynched. Now you are a low priority night kill. Now you can coast for a while and vote and use your word. And be left alone by scum. And not be a huge second lynch priority?

Still nothing really indicative of alignment. Also, your role offers nothing to benefit town. Wanted a nonkilling role? Pick a protective one to protect the other power roles in the game from the less predictable night kill, so you don't soak up lynches if you actually are town. I have the ability to dig up scum/clear town. Your role keeps you alive (beneficial to which ever wincon you have).

I see less real benefit to being DP town compared to DP scum, but I'm looking st the motivation behind selecting it, and I don't like it.

Well, my logic process has clearly not been that great this game. My restriction was a non-killing role. I just picked a role to keep myself alive longest, so I could hopefully benefit town, rather than pick a gambling role.

I couldn't pick a killing role either, as well as some other restrictions, but DP really doesn't help town out that much, particularly when you could pick some stupidly powerful roles in this game.

Is anyone counterclaiming Touhou, btw? I also need to go and check some of the other roles in that game, brb

And wow that first sentence just ran off into nonsensical land.

"some other restrictions. DP really doesn't"

that should be better.

so comparing to my restriction it's incredibly tame, which I don't like. That said, Prims claimed he had to pick a passive role, so iunno

Ohkay. . .Aere, that wasn't the world's bestest role to pick. All you did was prove that you couldn't be lynched, maybe. The fact that this wasn't outed WAY sooner (like, right here, and not in a fucking vague way) is really scummy. We basically wasted a day phase because of it. IIRC, there was at least one item that prevented a lynch (held by a neutral in DT2). Anyway, enough ranting about today's lack of flip. . .

Glad Bananas subbed out. scorri went poof, BUT did more than Bananas did in the limited time frame she had. Thanks for keeping up!

Manix, go look at what Prims claimed as a pick restriction. Now, check Rein and Elieson. I'm going to believe them at face value, because I have no reason not to. It seems that the more lax your restriction was, the later you picked. If you guys want to cross-reference stuff, I'll be happy to volunteer either where in the general area my pick is or my restriction, but not both.

so comparing to my restriction it's incredibly tame, which I don't like. That said, Prims claimed he had to pick a passive role, so iunno

Addressed that right above you Clipsey. I am well aware of what Prims claimed as a restriction which is why I'm not pushing that point further.

I've been thinking, if Aere was scum, why would he pick DP anyway? Knowing how SF townies usually play, once a lynch of a scummy player ends in a no-lynch, said player just ends up lynched the next day-phase. Besides, there are way better roles out there besides DP, so if Aere was scum, wouldn't his buddies advice him to get a better role? Because really there are way better roles out there. I mean, he could've taken NEXUS for all you know, its an awesome role that srsly screws around with night actions on him. Hell he could've even been a MAFIA DOCTOR for all you know, so honestly I feel like Aere's been unhelpful silly town more than scum. Only way I can see he's scum is if he's lying abouthis role restriction, has another role AND the mafia has a governor. :|

I've been thinking, if Aere was scum, why would he pick DP anyway? Knowing how SF townies usually play, once a lynch of a scummy player ends in a no-lynch, said player just ends up lynched the next day-phase. Besides, there are way better roles out there besides DP, so if Aere was scum, wouldn't his buddies advice him to get a better role? Because really there are way better roles out there. I mean, he could've taken NEXUS for all you know, its an awesome role that srsly screws around with night actions on him. Hell he could've even been a MAFIA DOCTOR for all you know, so honestly I feel like Aere's been unhelpful silly town more than scum. Only way I can see he's scum is if he's lying abouthis role restriction, has another role AND the mafia has a governor. :|

What is this I don't even. . .

First, why are you assuming anything about the scum team/their communication skills? Second, why are you trying to meta based on what you think the mafia should've gotten? The only restrictions I know of are my own and what others are claiming, and it seems the further down we go, the less restrictive things the roles get. Jow 'bout the simpler explanation of Aere being scum and telling the truth about his role? Is that logically impossible? Think what you will of Aere, but I can't agree with how you came to your conclusion.

I've been thinking, if Aere was scum, why would he pick DP anyway?

To waste town's time with lynches. People that don't flip means town has less information.

Knowing how SF townies usually play, once a lynch of a scummy player ends in a no-lynch, said player just ends up lynched the next day-phase.

And? It still technically wastes a day phase if that was the case => another night kill

Besides, there are way better roles out there besides DP, so if Aere was scum, wouldn't his buddies advice him to get a better role?

Don't count on anything, particularly because you never know what scum might have planned with their roles; and currently there is no way to gauge what they might have. This just feels like a weak meta point being applied far too liberally, which I don't like.

Because really there are way better roles out there. I mean, he could've taken NEXUS for all you know, its an awesome role that srsly screws around with night actions on him. Hell he could've even been a MAFIA DOCTOR for all you know,

What. Seriously, what. As much as scum Nexus is stupidly broken, it's a big jump to make to think that he should pick it. And what would even be the point of taking doc as scum, because it's not like there are a shortage of those to draft from. And besides, faking doc is easier and wouldn't waste a role slot.

so honestly I feel like Aere's been unhelpful silly town more than scum. Only way I can see he's scum is if he's lying abouthis role restriction, has another role AND the mafia has a governor. :|

He claimed Touhou. No one has CC'ed it yet.

I looked at the possible scum roles, and believe me, the DP was probably more useful than any of the scum roles.

Take the hypothetical situation of scum!Aere and being completely truthful about his restriction. DP would probably be the best role to take out of the town roles in that game imo

town!Aere: Oracle is good, and probably something else that wasn't DP. DP isn't bad by any stretch, but definitely better roles from that game could have been picked

And then there's the situation you described. Why is that one the only possibility then?