Fe10 Balancing attempt! [Subject #3 - Bastian]

Vicious Sal

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm remove the option for those 2 to support at all?

Or maybe Remove Neasala's option to ever support?

Hell even better. Remove Neasala from the game.

PLus points if you get to Kill Neasala.

What is this I don't even.....

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see Pelleas join in 3-13. Just reached that part and spared him for the first time and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I was expecting a more uplifting speech about the importance and life and all but instead we get to spare him just because Micaiah say's no and miss some awesome artwork of Ashnard. The logical thing to do with the information they have had hand anyway is to get him to join the battle anyways. I'm sure any Laguz could count as a third party if Pelleas. Plus it would make a whole lot more sense in the eyes of the country if their king died defending their nation rather than getting stabbed by his loyal general for no explained reason (who later takes the throne).

• 2 weeks later...

co-signed.

Sorry, I'm a bit lost. This is a patch you're working on?

Not exactly, Currently, I'm still learning most stuff, and compiling a huge Excel doc. After that I plan on making codes that can be activated with USB Gecko or any other HBC cheat engine. It's still a long way off anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Only 2 things come to mind.

Give Ikes Aether the full power of Luna and Sol (Radiant Dawn version of both Sol and Luna not PoR's. Considering how broken BK's eclipse is, might as well give Ike the full benefits of his Aether skill...) Maybe raise its activation rate a bit too...

Bring back actual support conversation for each individual character. I mean, I was looking forward to seeing how thing went when Oscar and Tanith met again. Them talking to each other the same way they talk to everyone else disappoints me. Not to mention the other support relationships from PoR didn't seem as though thy carried over either...

Oh and the lack of Largo in RD disappoints me...

Edited by Blaze340

Only 2 things come to mind.

Give Ikes Aether the full power of Luna and Sol (Radiant Dawn version of both Sol and Luna not PoR's. Considering how broken BK's eclipse is, might as well give Ike the full benefits of his Aether skill...) Maybe raise its activation rate a bit too...

Bring back actual support conversation for each individual character. I mean, I was looking forward to seeing how thing went when Oscar and Tanith met again. Them talking to each other the same way they talk to everyone else disappoints me. Not to mention the other support relationships from PoR didn't seem as though thy carried over either...

Oh and the lack of Largo in RD disappoints me...

I'm not going to overpower things since this is about balancing, not breaking the game. Skills will be downgraded actually, and handed out to enemies as well.

And sure, I'll bring back supports, I've almost finished writing 2888 C supports, 2888 B supports and 2888 A supports.

So No.

Largo has no paletee, if he did, I would have included him as a reaver with different caps. He does not however, he'd be a second nolan/boyd.

Give knives and daggers a bit more power(to make heather easier to train)

Give royal knights and tormod's group more playtime.

Have calill start at a higher level.

Give ranged swords more accuracy

Make ranged swords forgable

Make storm sword available in the armory

Let laguz use discipline or have higher base strike levels

Have Edward, Leonardo, Fiona, and Meg start a few levels higher.

Maybe have brom and nephenee start a level higher.

Get rid of the whisper class and have Sothe and Heather's third tier be assassin with assassins keeping the ability to steal. Also let them have the assassin caps and the one hit kill ability.

Edited by astra knight

- Raise Tomes' Mt (especially thunder tomes).

- Tier1 units have at least 50% speed growth and HP.

- Raise mages T2 and T3 cap.

- Every units except Red and White Dragon has at least speed cap of 34.

- Raise Sanaki bases, especially Str, HP and Spd. Fix Ina Str issues or transform her into a white dragon.

- Kurth has better bases, move and growths and caps of a Dragon King.

- Arms scrolls and Discipline usable on a Laguz !!!

- Nihil negates every skill (even Mantle or Nihil) if the user attacks first.

- Mastery Skill are nerfed...

- Sothe and Heather are promoted to Assassin.

- Micaiah, Ike and Sothe can be promoted like everyone else.

- Florete does magical damage.

- S+ weapons give + 5 bonus instead +3.

Edited by Missile

I'm not going to overpower things since this is about balancing, not breaking the game. Skills will be downgraded actually, and handed out to enemies as well.

And sure, I'll bring back supports, I've almost finished writing 2888 C supports, 2888 B supports and 2888 A supports.

So No.

Largo has no paletee, if he did, I would have included him as a reaver with different caps. He does not however, he'd be a second nolan/boyd.

I'm sorry, I could have sworn the topic title was stating what would I'd like altered in the game. So why are you quoting me with this nonsense?

Last I checked, most enemies don't have a Luna or Sol so I'm not sure why you mentioned it being handed out to enemies. I was talking specifically about Ike and the description of Aether where it says both Luna and Sol are activated simultaneously. It seems odd that Aether really isn't exhibiting Luna's and Sol true power in RD as it did in PoR...

As for supports, I'm aware how much time must be used in order for the developer to add individual supports. It's still something I'd like to have been added to the game though. If not supports, a mere conversation between old friends who had supports from PoR would have been nice...

I'm aware Largo had no palette. Once again, I'd still love for him to be playable. Considering he was the swordmaster version of a axe user with his higher critical rates, it would have been great to have him back again simply as a Berserker. And yes, I'm aware there is no berserker in the game. Still wouldn't mean he needed to be axed. He could have been the only berserker in the game for all I care....

1353523096[/url]' post='2191014']

I'm sorry, I could have sworn the topic title was stating what would I'd like altered in the game. So why are you quoting me with this nonsense?

Last I checked, most enemies don't have a Luna or Sol so I'm not sure why you mentioned it being handed out to enemies. I was talking specifically about Ike and the description of Aether where it says both Luna and Sol are activated simultaneously. It seems odd that Aether really isn't exhibiting Luna's and Sol true power in RD as it did in PoR...

As for supports, I'm aware how much time must be used in order for the developer to add individual supports. It's still something I'd like to have been added to the game though. If not supports, a mere conversation between old friends who had supports from PoR would have been nice...

I'm aware Largo had no palette. Once again, I'd still love for him to be playable. Considering he was the swordmaster version of a axe user with his higher critical rates, it would have been great to have him back again simply as a Berserker. And yes, I'm aware there is no berserker in the game. Still wouldn't mean he needed to be axed. He could have been the only berserker in the game for all I care....

Go read the first post of this topic please. Read it carefully please.

Go read the first post of this topic please. Read it carefully please.

....sorry about that. Usually when I see a giant OP like yours where I need to scroll halfway through my page slider just to see the second post, I generally don't bother reading it, just go off the thread title itself...

Edited by Blaze340

• 3 months later...

Ok People, THIS IS ON AGAIN!

It still isn't done, but I present a huge Excel file with (I believe) pretty much every bit of data that needs considering:

The Op will be updated and there will be strict rules about discussion!

Today we are starting off with Aran, number one on the list!

Discuss away, what needs to be altered, what is overpowered, or is there something underwhelming about him? Does he need a skill or does he need a boost in growths, base stats etc.

EDIT: Damnit, where is the option to attach a file?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9greu1zbd2mp119/Fe10Balance.xlsx

Edited by Vicious Sal

Hey Sal. Well, for one, Aran starts at D lances with bases that arent really spectacular...his spd growth is terrible and he's not really a shorterm (terrible start) or longterm unit (terrible ending). The amount of babying he needs to even get to Tier 2, only to never be able to double is ridiculous. He only has massive str skl def growths going for him, which wont get him anywhere in time to be useful. I'd say give him C lances, a steel lance in his starting inventory and slightly better his bases so he can cap str skl def quicker so BEXP'ing his spd isnt as tough. Btw, is this balancing for HM or just in general?

Edited by CordeliaxFrederick

+2 speed base, +1 Str base, and +2 Skill base, as well as , +5-10% growth to speed and +1 to his speed bonus when promoted.

-1 Def as well as - 1 Str from promotion bonuses.

Eh?