What's wrong with my hair?

Gold Vanguard

don't worry, fangirls love dem white hair

And also yeah, genetics. There's this guy I know that has a big white streak in his hair but his hair color is black.

Edited by Piss Assassin Alchemist CR

That sounds...not very good. :c

It has to do with a high level of testosterone, I heard.

He'd be more likely to be bald before he was grey if he had abnormally high levels of testosterone. Guys with the most testosterone lose their hair the quickest, that's why the #1 drug on the market for treating hair loss in men is a testosterone killer (veeery dangerous thing to play around with); hair loss is caused by dihydrotestosterone attacking hair follicles. That's also why a lot of the best atheletes in the world are bald despite the average age range of a top athlete being mid 20 to early 30s; compounds like steroids and treatments like TRT greatly increase the testosterone in their bodies, and you can bet your ass almost all of the top athletes in the world cycle drugs.

Anyway, it's like 90% genetics, 9% diet and 1% unverifiable (lol). My hair has changed color multiple times since I was a child. I used to have extremely blonde hair, then it was more dirty blonde, and now it's more like chestnut brown. My mom was like that too.

For grey hair, I'd be more likely to guess vitamin deficiency and stress.

Edited by Tangerine

I know I'd probably be singing a somewhat different tune if it were happening to me, as I imagine it's weird to deal with grey hair really early, but dude. That actually sounds pretty cool, for the record.

Grey hair is really just genetics. Stress doesn't really cause your hair follicles to stop producing the stuff that gives your hair its color, it's pretty much just predetermined when your hair goes grey. Or so I've heard.

There is documented proof that high levels of stress and depression can even cause your hair to fall out. Pregnant women are advised to not even use hair dyes. The hair on your head is very much linked to your hormones - color, strength, amount and all.

Edited by Tangerine

He'd be more likely to be bald before he was grey if he had abnormally high levels of testosterone. Guys with the most testosterone lose their hair the quickest, that's why the #1 drug on the market for treating hair loss in men is a testosterone killer (veeery dangerous thing to play around with); hair loss is caused by dihydrotestosterone attacking hair follicles. That's also why a lot of the best atheletes in the world are bald despite the average age range of a top athlete being mid 20 to early 30s; compounds like steroids and treatments like TRT greatly increase the testosterone in their bodies, and you can bet your ass almost all of the top athletes in the world cycle drugs.

Anyway, it's like 90% genetics, 9% diet and 1% unverifiable (lol). My hair has changed color multiple times since I was a child. I used to have extremely blonde hair, then it was more dirty blonde, and now it's more like chestnut brown. My mom was like that too.

For grey hair, I'd be more likely to guess vitamin deficiency and stress.

Balding is caused by over-high levels of testosterone?

Well at least I feel like more of a man with this receding hairline. ;__;

A hat doesn't really fix the problem. Men are sensitive about their hair because they overrate its importance to women.

I assure you that your hair - whether you're grey or don't have any - is not going to be a deal breaker for any girl worth getting to know. In fact if you're bad with hair, that's probably more of a liability than either of those things! Nobody likes awful haircuts or bedhead looks, lol. Speaking for myself, and for all of my friends, we're much more concerned about how a person takes care of their appearance rather than what their "accessories" are.

Anyone can look good with hair

Anyone can look good gray

Anyone can look good bald

Conversely, anyone can look bad.

But do they put in the effort to make themselves look and feel good regardless of what hand they were dealt? Don't waste time worrying about what's going on, make sure you look and feel good regardless of what you've got on your head. If you feel good it reflects on the way you act, and you're far more capable of looking good when you've accepted who you are and decide to roll with it :P:.