Naruto Mafia - Game Over

eclipse

Okay! I'd like everyone to restate who their top three scumreads are and restate their reasons for thinking this, even if already they've done so recently!

1. Elieson- Bandwagoned Aere really suddenly D1, and then is currently going after SB for a really stupid reason! He claims that he has a solid case against Manix, but he's still choosing to primarily pursue a case based on the fact that SB missed Haze's claim that he was shot!?

2. Paperblade- Really really active lurky in D1, where he just hung about and gave unhelpful one-liners! I will concede that his one-liners have improved since D1, but his Aere interactions didn't seem right to me at all! He said that the Aere bandwagon was shit but gave no reason for this (or anything else) D1! I have a feeling that he was trying to look better from the flip by defending Aere, but since the point was to still have Aere mislynched, he didn't really try to dissuade people from voting for Aere!

3. Helios- This is very minor, and honestly he's mainly here because I only have 2 scumreads otherwise, but something about how he made an off-hand remark against Paperblade on D1 and then totally dropped it even though Paperblade still active lurked for quite a while after, feels slightly like an attempt at early distancing!

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elieson, do you really think that SB's post which could easily be the result of not seeing what Haze said or reading it and not thinking makes him more likely scum than anything else that's happened in the thread so far?

Ok. I slept on it, and now that I think about it, I probably did jump on SB a bit more suddenly than I should've. Other than that singular post that SB made, I haven't really seen him as scummy in this game.

##Unvote

##Vote Manix

Back to my #1 scumread, who hasn't done anything in his 2 posts since Day 2 began.

Sorry I'm a bit late, I was half way through rereading, but realized I had 2 hours worth of homework for the next day. By the time I finished it was about 1am, and I needed sleep because of coursework today.

Anyway, I'll finish my reread now.

---

I'm really not sure what to think of Marth. He went for a weak case on me, kind of ended RVS and then went for an Aere lynched and claimed Amnesiac, except it was a modified (?) version or something? I don't know, I don't understand it but if he wants to get to majority then he's making himself look scummy enough. I really gave him too much credit for ending RVS, when I guess scum could have done it, especially with a reason so poor.

Btw in D1 you instead got a town read on me for my actions and get a scum read on Mancer.

Also he puts words in my mouth, I didn't say he was scummy, I wanted him to stop sheeping and see what reads he had. I really don't get why you have to get to majority to fullclaim but if that's what you really want then here.

##Vote: Bluedoom

I'm unsure where I stand with a lot of players, confirmed town Haze aside. Eli feels a bit like he's desperate to find a lynch, town or not. His day 1 content wasn't great but then again nobody's day 1 stuff was great. I'm sort of seeing Paper as town, but I'm not sure if BBM is scum because of it, or just in town fighting. I think I can sort of see what Manix is crumbing, so if one of them is town the other is definitely scum. I'd rather not quicklynch Manix just yet, so I'll stick to Marth.

Yeah? Tell me why scum could've done it? Done dat RVS ending? I don't really care whether scum or town does those stuff but if you're going to do a 180, better explain yourself well.

You still haven't replied to me asking you why you suspect I might be fakeclaiming. I've given valid points but all you do is say "I don't know I just don't trust it." (Same thing Manix said) Again, I ask, if I could've claimed Watcher from the start, why would I have claimed Amnesiac? Also if it hasn't gone into your head yet, I will get modkilled if I claim a certain part when I have not reached majority, but for some reason you think me wanting majority is scummy.

As for me 'putting words in your mouth' I'm sorry to say that your vote tells us who you prefer lynching. If you wanted Mancer to explain himself you could have kept your vote on someone else who you thought was scummy and still pay attention to Mancer.

Yeah? Tell me why scum could've done it? Done dat RVS ending? I don't really care whether scum or town does those stuff but if you're going to do a 180, better explain yourself well.

To gain town cred. And I already said I was giving you too much credit for that.

You still haven't replied to me asking you why you suspect I might be fakeclaiming. I've given valid points but all you do is say "I don't know I just don't trust it." (Same thing Manix said) Again, I ask, if I could've claimed Watcher from the start, why would I have claimed Amnesiac?

Scum needing time to decide on a fake? Also Manix breadcrumbed watcher so at least one of you is scum.

Also if it hasn't gone into your head yet, I will get modkilled if I claim a certain part when I have not reached majority, but for some reason you think me wanting majority is scummy.

Alright, clarification finally. And I never said wanting to be in majority is scummy, I said that you looked scummy due to other reasons.

As for me 'putting words in your mouth' I'm sorry to say that your vote tells us who you prefer lynching. If you wanted Mancer to explain himself you could have kept your vote on someone else who you thought was scummy and still pay attention to Mancer.

A vote is the best way to make someone give up information in a lot of cases, and I was shaky on reads, so I kept it there.

@BBM: You're overreacting to my "lurkscum" comment about Paperblade. Literally what happened was I went on the thread and noticed Paperblade was reading the topic, checked 20 minutes later and Paperblade was still reading the topic, so I said that. I see your argument against Paperblade though, but in reality it's not like many people were posting a lot of content D1 so that argument can be used on most of the game. That being said I feel like Paperblade has improved in that regard D2, but I'll keep an eye on him to see if he doesn't just go back to lurking now that some of the town feels like he's town.

##Unvote

I think BBM looks a little better since when I think about it, he's actually been giving more effort and scumhunting than most others. The effort part is more of a nulltell, but the scumhunting part makes him look better. I was looking at Elieson as town before, but not so much now. I don't like his SB vote in the first place, but now BBM basically had to tell him to switch his vote to Manix. I'll take a look at this later to decide if I'd rather vote Elieson or BBM, or if something else happens.

@SB: Are you voting Bluedoom because you find him scummy, or solely to hear his claim?

I was looking at Elieson as town before, but not so much now. I don't like his SB vote in the first place, but now BBM basically had to tell him to switch his vote to Manix.

BBNinja had absolutely nothing to do with my reverting my vote back to Manininja, thank you very much. Him griping about it made no difference in my opinion of Serious Baninjas. Reading the situation twice made me think twice about jumping down SB's throat (as Paperninja mentioned).

So... wait! What does it matter whether it was me or Paperblade who made you realize that your vote against SB was extremely hasty!? The point that Helios is making against you is that you had to be persuaded to see the faulty logic of your case- the identity of the persuader doesn't really matter!

Manix needs to get in here and make a relevant post beyond go "Marth's claim is weird time to vote." Keep in Marth didn't claim Watcher and if you're CCing his Amnesiac claim, why didn't you do so during D1?

Elieson is also acting weird which is bad

That may be, but you fail to see things from any point of view other than your own. I found what I thought was a case. Someone suggested a more likely alternative that I hadn't thought of. I backed down because of the likelihood that I made a mountain out of a molehill.

That being said, I am actively hunting for scum, and trying to find any clue at all as to who they may be.

Players like Manininja however...

Manix needs to get in here and make a relevant post beyond go "Marth's claim is weird time to vote." Keep in Marth didn't claim Watcher and if you're CCing his Amnesiac claim, why didn't you do so during D1?

Not CC'ing amn, CC'ing the watcher part, which is why it's really fucking weird for town to have a possible two watchers.

N1 action was on Paper and I saw Helios visit him.

and also, I just woke up, will look through thread shortly

I don't think it's weird that there are two possible Watchers. Considering that one of them is a Two-Shot Watcher because of his Amnesiac Power. Right at this moment, I don't think either Manix or Bluedoom are Scum. Paperblade looks Scummy for insisting that one of them might be Scum and trying to push for a lynch though.

(Also for clarity on my previous post; I'm a 2-shot watcher.)

Okay so I'm thinking I'm getting a disproportional amount of attention for the Aere wagon; what happened to everyone else on the wagon and why am I being singled out from those people?

Manix, I'm not really mentioning you because you made yourself clear that you thought my reactions were crappy. Elie's whole case on me was three words. Totally not excellent.

Also btw this happened in case you forgot.

I can also admit that my content wasn't the best D1, I honestly was a little busy and lazy at the same time.

Onward to people. Starting with BBM (first thing; the RP'ing is honestly making it hard to get my normal grasp on post tone, which I really don't like but can't do anything about that)

although looking at BBM gives me weird vibes, although that might just be his roleplay, I honestly don't know

Expounding time.

I'd vote Marth for what he just did too in a lot of circumstances, but if he was scum, he probably wouldn't have made a vote like that!

It is reverse psychology! I really just don't see why Marth would do what he did if he were scum!

Yeah uh hate to break this to you but you're assuming that people will do the logical best move (which it might not be because it changes from game to game). Seems kinda like flimsy reasoning to defend Marth.

However, I'm feeling odd about Paper! He's been strangely apathetic and his posts have been very short and not that good! It's not at all what I normally expect from him! I feel like he's active lurking pretty hard, and his latest Aere defence is reminding me of Class Scum Move # 17: Defend a townie to look good!

Welcome to Paper meta 101, he's apathetic all the time

And that point about Paper defending a townie for town cred, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh then here's the problem, why the heck were you saying that Aere was scummy

it's a contradiction of pretty high order, I may have to revoke your logic license (I'm kidding of course, but seriously this is bad)

Associative reads, Aere! Currently, my idea that Scumblade is trying to profit from defending you is just conjecture, because I can't actually know your alignment for sure!

whyyyyyyyyyyy

you could't use associative reads at that point because there were no flips at all

so it's a really weak reason to suspect Paper

5. Although I think Aere might actually be town, his play HASN'T been great. *snip* So if we lynch him, the worst case scenario is that he is town, but we get associative reads! Best case scenario is that I am wrong and he is actually scum, in which case I can change my line of reasoning! Therefore, I wouldn't mind lynching Aere!

nice unexplained 180, how you doing

also if you think someone is town, it's not worth trying to not lynch them just to get associative reads

this feels very wrong to me

and then BBM goes and tunnels against Paper for like a good part of the current day before jumping to Elie. yeah uh that tunnel on Paper since D1 really doesn't look good. Also his small scumread on Helios is completely dependent on his scumread on Paper which I already think isn't great

-

Elie is weird as well. Going to start with this:

Wow. Ok, well at least we were able to get information out of that. Town!Hazeninja is a good thing, and the fact that he survived a shot is even better. With 2 kills, it implies that we have something like a self-aligned killer or a trigger happy vig.

rule one about rolespec like this: First person to mention a role that interacts with a cleared role most likely is crumbing said role. I see it far too often (and I've done it myself).

Elie's early reasoning for jumping on the Aerewagon was actually legit awful and then turns around and says this:

I'l let you on on a tip. You are being used as a scapegoat, and collecting a handful votes is necessary to find the real sheep without a case! You may be one with the scum, you may not, but one thing is for certain.

wow nice, good job attempting to justify your awful vote. You do realize that you were one of those people?

The remainder of Elie's D1 is suspecting Marth, dropping the vote after he claimed and then revoting because he then didn't believe it again? How to 180 101.

And then we reach D2 where Elie drops it completely through *stuff* which theoretically shouldn't have been there but whatevs, it's still suspect as heck

Then there's the jump on SB which I don't even know how that happened, although I feel like there is something wrong with Elie's statements here... hmm.

-

Yeah so I would consider lynching BBM or Elie right now.

##Unvote

##Vote: BBM

(gg been working on this since I woke up three hours ago)

My ability has limited shots as well, for what it's worth! The fact that Mancer/Paper don't know this makes me feel that they either a) have a passive role or b) are scum/SK, who are exempt from this rule!

If we want to have a Watcher test, there is a simple solution! We ask them to target someone particular, and the next day they can tell the town whether or not I targeted that person (whether or not I choose to actually target that person, I shall keep to myself)! Of course, my role in the test can be replaced by anyone whom the town believes to be more trustworthy!

Also, it'd be nice if Haze was more active, even if he is confirmed!

I find it extremely funny how Manix quoted one of my posts, and said that there was no explanation for my change in thought, right after snipping out the part of the post that did indeed give my explanation! I'll explain that thought process again! I believed Aere to be scummy! BUT when Paper came in with his absolute total shit defence, it made me change my mind! Manix, there are two ways to get cred from defending a townie! One way is to defend an obvtown townie, and the other is to defend a scummy-looking townie right before he flips town! Of course, town can defend a scummy-looking townie as well, BUT they generally give more reason for it! For example, compare Haze's post defending Aere to Paper's (first) post defending Aere! There is a world of difference!

On another note, if more people believe that my RPing is causing my posts to become harder to read/understand/interpret, please say so and I will stop!

Not CC'ing amn, CC'ing the watcher part, which is why it's really fucking weird for town to have a possible two watchers.

N1 action was on Paper and I saw Helios visit him.

and also, I just woke up, will look through thread shortly

Ok so basically.

Town has a Watcher, Tracker AND an Oracle? Welp

No Town having two watchers is OP. Manix could be the scum watcher but first, requesting majority.

you're still tunneling on Paper because of it, that doesn't change (which is my main problem with you right now)

I honestly don't see Paper as that scummy

but okay sure I'll accept that explanation for the opinion reversal